Homestuck Clan Thread: 8^y (where y=8)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightclaw

nightclaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't sink my ship dammit

2. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

You fucking what
    Pls gib mission I want money

3. He wasn't making assumptions, he was just reciting something that someone said to him about what you're talking about.

How can you expect people to be knolwegable on nuclear engineering anyway

4. nightclaw

5. I'm going to have to agree with you on this, without reading too much into it (and to throw some more fuel on the metaphorical fire).

A job title does not necessarily perfectly correspond to the nature of the work you are doing. Software Engineering is a good example of this: I see plenty of positions labelled as 'software engineer' where the actual work is more like "write code as part of a team". An actual software engineer would be much more concerned with the entire life-cycle of a software project and have more duties concerning things like turning a client's needs into formal specifications, handling project management aspects (working on various deliverables) and so on.

6. Bicylclying is fun and it's good exercise. Do it you nerd.

7. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

8. I'm typing on a crappy 70$ 'smartphone' with keys way too small for my fingers and input lag. Don't judge me.

9. nightclaw

I thought the point of tepes telling me those things he told me was us not talking anymore

10. I've never been opposed to exercise, it's pretty great. I just never get around to it.

But biking is something I like, I just haven't had a functional bike for two years.

11. nightclaw

I used to bike, I rode a mile to our library, read a book, or as much as I could in a day, and rode back for an entire winter
    then summer happened.

12. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

I don't. I expect them to not make assumptions. Because I don't see how thats possible

Tovlyn and elusiveTranscendent like this.
  13. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

But you have flippers.

14. My bike is too small so I just use my dad's. Plus, it has a cupholder .

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  15. nightclaw

What assumption?
    I know next to nothing about Nuclear Engineering, and the little bit you said involved dates and names, so I figured, given you know all about nuclear energy, it was a dates and name thing.
    If that's some kind of capital offense, I'm sorry, might as well string me up.

16. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY ABOUT IRONY.
    That's probably not irony but the point i'm making is you're making an assumption without knowledge by telling someone to not make an assumption without knowledge.
    That's some shit yo

17. TachyonBlade

Wait thats allowed?
    Lemme get the string

NC, bend over. We have stringing to do.

And its not the fun kind.

18. nightclaw

To be strung up is to be hanged.
    Hanging is the punishment for a capital offense. Or it was, but now you get shot (in georgia)

19. @Shark judging by our talk about your schedule for the next few months, would I be right in assuming you wouldn't be available for a TF2 sixes team?

20. TachyonBlade

I am aware of this.
    I am also aware that I was joking last post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.