1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparker599

sparker599 Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't use any that affect terrain generation.

2. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Strange... I'm also running Windows 7 (so it's the same universe), but I don't see the system you mentioned at those coordinates. I tried swapping x and y and negative and positive to be sure... You sure you didn't make a typo?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I copy pasted that into Steam, and I SWEAR the second 8 on the Y coordinate looks like a 6... Clearly I need to go to bed now! :rofl:

3. Ulithium_Dragon

No such luck - I got a stupid Penal Colony instead (and I did loop the planet just to be sure)... :[

Would you mind too terribly zipping me your world file...? It would be under the "universe" folder in your Starbound directory and be named something like "gamma_-38197901_-64961751_-11292412_3_10.world". If you explored more than one planet in that system, just include all of the .world files with those coordinates (I don't rightly know how it decides what number gets tagged onto the end of the file). You can even just use the site uploader - the file is tiny!

4. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

SO IT EXISTS....

5. sparker599

sparker599 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, I meant the moon around that planet, not the planet itself. Its name ends in I a(or is it 1 a?), not just I. It is a small, beige colored moon with a desert biome. Its parent planet is pink.

6. Ulithium_Dragon

Awesome timing on that correction LOL! I had literally JUST, like 5 minutes ago, decided to try and regen the bigger world, so i put myself around the smaller planet and backed up and deleted the smaller one, went back into the game, and was about to re-orbit the large one when I thought to myself, well, I'm already here, I may as well double check he/she didn't mean the smaller planet, just to be safe", and not 3 feet from the planet's spawn was the village... :facepalm:

7. Sepkan

Sepkan Space Hobo

How can you get avali blocks when playing as a non avali?

8. Ulithium_Dragon

Yeah.... not easily, as I found out earlier today! Your best bet would be either to trade them to your non-Avali character from your Avali character yourself (by launching a server, launching two clients, then joining your own server using your local IP), or try to find the blocks and/or the Avali crafting machines used to make them at Avali villages (I find more in the Beta quadrant for some reason, but I must warn you that finding the crafting tables in these villages seems to be even more rare than finding the villages lol - I've only seen one of the crafting machines so far, and only one of those...).

9. Sepkan

Sepkan Space Hobo

I just found one and got the nanolathe when I read that! Lol

10. Lazurkri

Lazurkri Star Wrangler

I found Arid and Arctic planets work best.... IDK why you guys are having such issues, I've run across at least a dozen Avali VIllages in the bast 100 worlds or so I've visited and stripped for resources.

11. Ulithium_Dragon

As soon as I left the X Sector, I started finding them. I don't know why they're so scarce or nonexistent in the X Sector... But even still, I haven't seen very many settlements that generated placed object models of any of the three custom Avali crafting stations... Generally you just get various containers and other non-useable blocks/furniture!

12. Sepkan

Sepkan Space Hobo

The first one I saw was in X.

13. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Dont act like anyone really uses the weapon workbench. :p

14. Lazurkri

Lazurkri Star Wrangler

X sector? Really? I was finding them often right out of the spawn! In fact, my first gun was that charge cannon... forget the name of it; Firelance?

15. Ulithium_Dragon

True, the weapon bench is much less useful than the other two (since you can't make the guns, only modify them, and they're sadly unbalanced so they're not really useful at any point with the damages they have, unless you're using tier 4 weapons on a alpha planet). I just manually buffed the weapon damaged myself so that they're actually useful lol!

It's possible this is a random symptom of mod interactions via having more than one mod that add surface micro dungeons to the terrain generation. Or maybe just a string of very bad luck! :]
    In any case, I DID manage to find ONE X Sector village with a gun vendor last night, so I'm a lot happier with my tier 4 guns now! :]

Also, does anyone else find it a bit annoying that the weapon-mounted wall decorations can only be made with tier 1 weapons??? As if these gun vendors weren't hard enough to find as it is! n.nU

EDIT: I'm getting SUPER suck of having to back-edit my posts and remove the "X D" emoticon I've gotten used to using so much, since the emoticon it converts to looks NOTHING like what I use "X D" for. Honestly, I cant even freaking tell what :rofl: is supposed to be. I would have guessed facepalm, if there wasn't already another facepalm emoticon: :facepalm:

EDIT2: Just FYI Forum Admins, THIS is what a "X D" emoticon is supposed to freaking look like...

16. nightclaw

nightclaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: THIS IS NOT OK. Expires: IT DOESN'T
    what's up my main niggas

I am the herald of shitposts, welcome me, threaten me, or hate me, but I shall be here to stay
    or get bored, I dunno.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Dude got warned.
    Yet got a like from the author.
    Well played.
    Well played, herald of s---posts.

18. Ulithium_Dragon

Why did he like that post!? That was one of the most completely unexpected an obliquely offensive posts I've seen in a long time...!

19. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

He's ones of those people who finds sadistic pleasure in destroying trolls

Shaadaris likes this.
  20. Lazurkri

Lazurkri Star Wrangler

He reminds me of myself.... I'm not sure whether to be amused, congratulatory, or preemptively kill him to ensure that noone emulates me.... Huh. For once the kneejerk "kill" reaction wasn't first.... I must be mellowing.... which is also both amusing and downright terrifying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.