1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated StarMount 5.1

StarMount - 150 Mounts - Pleased Giraffe

1. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

Indeed

{
    "__merge" : [["dropPools"]],
    "dropPools" : [
    {
    "yourdamage" : "yourdroppool"
    }
    ]
    }

2. marac008

marac008 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, I will add it in the next update. Thank you for your help Wulf_Oman :)

3. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

I just played the game normally for a bit and am getting errors. Make sure you make the merge like below, instead. (Includes all the default treasurepools)

This is a problem I'm unsure why it happens, but better safe then sorry.

{
    "__merge" : [["dropPools"]],
    "dropPools" : [
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure",
    "bow" : "hunting",
    "brain" : "brain",
    "CUSTOMDAMAGE" : "CUSTOMTREASUREPOOL"
    },
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure2",
    },
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure3",
    },
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure4",
    },
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure5",
    },
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure6",
    }
    ]
    }

if you don't do this the game will crash when killing a monster with a normal weapon, bow, or the brain extractor

4. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I'm glad to see the _merge worked - I hope Starbound gets the better mod support that was promised us in the next update. A singular mod API would help a lot...

EDIT: I failed to see there was another page with more posts on it. @Wulf_Oman It would help me in diagnosing your error quite a bit if I knew if Javascript file you're quoting there was a vanilla file, or a mod-added file!

5. CreatorOfCustard

CreatorOfCustard Void-Bound Voyager

I was invisible in multiplayer so deleted the mod every time I click on my character it crashes when I re-downloaded it it still crashes

6. CreatorOfCustard

How do you use the log

7. Ulithium_Dragon

It is a well-known Starbound bug that any time you try to load a character that had a tech from a mod that no longer exists that is "locked in" from the Tech menu on your character (i.e. in one of your 4 chosen usable tech slots), then that character would not show up in the character selection menu. THis probably has nothing to do with your issue since you could see your character, but as an experiment, I backed up my character files and removed this mod. I received no crashes or any other errors in loading up the character after the removal of this mod, or in putting the mod back afterwards. This tells me that either you aren't using the very latest version of this mod (it was last updated very recently, so please check!), or it's a problem with another mod.

I would suggest you think about if you removed any other mods recently, and also try loading the automatic backups of the character that is crashing (to do this, you need to manually go into your Starbound/player folder and manually rename the .bak1, .bak2, and .bak3 files so that those tags are removed, but BACK UP YOUR PLAYER FILES FIRST! (i.e., the file type reads ".player". Windows will probably ask if you're sure you want to change the file's type and warn you it may cause issues, but just say "Ok". If you cannot see the file type names, (and if you're using Windows - I can't help you with MAC), then you need to open up "Folder Options", which you can find either by typing it into the Windows Start Menu, or in Windows Explorer, pressing "alt" to bring up the menu, then looking under the "Tools" tab and clicking "Folder Options". Then inside "Folder Options", click on the "View" tab, and uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types", then click "Ok" or "Apply".

8. CreatorOfCustard

Thank you

9. Ulithium_Dragon

Glad I could help! Just out of curiosity, did you find the issue, or did the player backups work...?

10. marac008

As I said yesterday I'm thinking of adding more diversity to recipes, so I was planning to add monster essences (fire, water, earth, etc.) that would drop from monsters and then be used for creating mounts. But I want your opinion, would it be better to:
    1. have different guns for different essences (fire for fire, water for water, etc.) or
    2. just one gun that would randomly drop one of the essences?

11. CreatorOfCustard

water from fish.
    fire from monsters in volcano planets
    wind from birds

12. CreatorOfCustard

no but i had the creative mode mod so i made a clone of my lost character

13. Ulithium_Dragon

One gun would probably be better for clutter reasons. I'm not sure this is possible, but if you can figure out a way to have each essence listed in their own drop table so that you don't spend an hour looking for earth essence only getting waters, that would be great! :]

Unfortunately, at present this is *probably* impossible, because all "monsters" share the same drop pool file. This mod has its own unique drop pool for Monster DNA, but all the vanilla monsters still use the same file, so you probably cannot single out individual monster types for what they drop, other than by the level of planet they spawn on (which is why you don't see Cell Material dropping on tier 1 planets). Even worse, it seem all monsters are limited to only ONE item dropping per monster death...

14. TZling

TZling Void-Bound Voyager

The mod looks awesome but I can't find any information on the controls which have been set to use the mounts abilities for things such as melee and projectile attacks, any chance of listing what they are or how to set your own?

15. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

if i remember you can see the controls after activated the tech
    you open the thech window and put the cursor on tech icone then controls will show up

16. TZling

You're right! Thank you!

It would still be a good idea for the author to put that information in the description though

17. marac008

Well I actually did it the same way Starbound did it with their techs, putting controls in descriptions :) and because my mounts are basically techs I did it the same way :)

18. TZling

Yeah I hear you but its been so long since Ive had to read that information as I remember how to use the techs so i just forgot haha

19. moivalin

moivalin Space Hobo

Hello, sorry for my bad english I use google translate.
    So here's mod looks amazing, but I put the mount in my tech skills and I cannot invoke it.
    It is noted: Down + left / right
    But nothing is happening, can you help me ?

20. Ulithium_Dragon

The mount activates with the same key that the "mechs" from the base game use. In the English version, they key is "F". The commands listed on the Tech description page are for the attacks you can use while mounted. "Down + left / right" is the button combination for melee attacks, for example. Make sure you are in an open area when you try to mount. Press the key a few times, and if it sin;t working, trying jumping and pressing the mount key in midair!