1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated StarMount 5.1

StarMount - 150 Mounts - Pleased Giraffe

1. marac008

marac008 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for the feedback :)

2. marac008

I'm planing to post an update soon, I will remove Monster DNA drop from Night Quadruped and Biped Monsters, so you won't be able to get DNA from them, but at least it will remove the bug, and it will work for everyone. :)

I will test if the DNA drop will work for flying monsters, to compensate of not being able to get DNA from Night monsters, and if it will work I will update.

3. marac008

marac008 updated StarMount with a new update entry:

Night monsters fix + Size reduction

Read the rest of this update entry...

sosmic likes this.
  4. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

This mod is AMAZING and must have taken HOURS AND HOURS of work! Thanks so much for this!!!

5. marac008

Months, thank you :)

6. Ulithium_Dragon

One thought, (and as a modder myself, I do realize this is asking A LOT, so feel free to ignore it lol), do you have any plans for a system that would allow you to "upgrade" lower tier monsters to higher tiers...? There are some really cool looking lower-tier monsters that would look cool with my current character, but lack the functionality I would prefer! :]

And just one comment (may not need to be changed) - the "AoE" attack is a bit unwieldy to use, since hitting the "W" and "S" keys at the same time isn't something that feels "natural" trying to do with a default WASD finger pose! :]

Also, you used the placeable version of the "Matter Block" in the recipes. The placeable version cannot be obtained in its "item" form naturally, since it doesn't drop itself, but rather the crafting recipe version. You may wanna change this - I had to spawn some of the unobtainable versions with the Creative Mod! n.nU

7. marac008

1. Sounds like a cool idea, if I figure out how I could do this maybe I can add it to my mod :)

2. About AoE, I didn't really had any choice, buttons G and H don't work well with this, so I only had WASD, and since I didn't wan't mount to move while using AoE, only two buttons left were W and S, but if you have any other ideas feel free to suggest :)

3. Honestly I didn't know what else to put into recipes, so I choose blocks, but I'm still not happy with this, but for now I don't know what would be a good replacement, but I plan to change this, since I won't stop working on this mod :)

8. darkzenon

darkzenon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The drop rate is low?... i killed more than 100 monsters with dna extractor and cant get dna, i have mode called atom wors and crystal works, and modify the drop of monsters by cell matter and indigo cell matter, i need removed these or what?

Only get pixels or nothing when kill mobs with dna

in single and multiplayer

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  9. Ulithium_Dragon

2) You seem to be able to use double taps - why not try something like "Double Tap S"? That shouldn't interfere with any of the other mount hotkeys!

3) Yeah I get that, but I'm not quite sure you fully understood what I was saying - there are two "types" of Matter Blocks. When you find them in dungeons, clicking the machine "places" the block type around the room. However, unlike pretty much every other kind of block, these Matter Blocks don't drop themselves when you mine them, they drop an unplaceable "clone" of themselves that's classified as a crafting material rather than a block. You can tell the difference in-game at a glance because the "block" version is Common (white), while the crafting material Uncommon (green). Here, I even checked my uncompiled games files, and the issue is you used "matterblock" in your recipes, when you should have used "matteritem"! :]

If either this mod or the other two mods you mentioned DON'T add the "_merge" tag to their drop list modifications, then yes, they will overwrite each other, and some of the changes will not occur.

I get them every other kill almost with the new gun, so you must have conflicts! n.nU

EDIT: I still struggle to understand how certain parts of the game were coded, but it DOES look like this mod uses a unique .treasurepools Javascript file, so odds are the conflicts are coming from one of those other mods that have an edited vanilla .treasurepools Javascript file WITHOUT the proper "_merge" tag!

10. darkzenon

darkzenon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yep... i confirmed... i removed atomworks and crystals works mods, and now the dna drop work

11. Ulithium_Dragon

You can probably still use those mods, even without the author updating them (although you should also let him/her know about the issue). Just open up the .treasurepools files located in the "treasure" folder, and add:
    Code:
        "__merge" : [],
    to the very top, on the second line after the:
    Code:
    {
    So the first two lines would be:
    Code:
    {
        "__merge" : [],

12. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

It isn't an error but I was wondering if you could add compatibility with my two mods by adding these treasure pools to the .monstertype files

{
    "__merge" : [["overwrite", "dropPools"]],
    "dropPools" : [
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure",
    "bow" : "hunting",
    "brain" : "brain",
    "crystalhunt" : "crystal",
    "materiahunt" : "materiahunting",
    "dreamscythe" : "dreamitems",
    "organ" : "organhunting"

},
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure2",

},
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure3",

},
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure4",

},
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure5",

},
    {
    "default" : "basicMonsterTreasure6",

}
    ]
    }

13. Grapesoda12

Grapesoda12 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you!!!!

14. Ulithium_Dragon

He shouldn't have to do anything other than adding a "_merge" tag to the top of his file. I do have to ask, though - why did you use an "overwrite" parameter to the _merge tag section, or any parameter for that matter ...? I didn't even know that was an acceptable parameter, but my understanding of _merge tag parameters is that you'd only ever need to use them when there was something in the same file that you DIDN'T want to merge for some reason (and I honestly can't think of why you'd ever want this - it would only cause inter-mod compatibility interference issues...).

So long as both/all mods have basic _merge tags, the game should compile all the changes into a single list, unless they directly edit the same attribute (and then I'm not entirely sure how it's handled - it's not like there's a load order list as far as I can tell. Maybe it just goes by mod folder name or something).

15. Wulf_Oman

Honestly I found it in another mod and applied it to mine, I tried a normal merge, but I'll try it again

At the time the reason I added the overwrite is due to the race mod that adds "organhunting"

16. Ulithium_Dragon

You can try all you like, but at present, StarMount DOESN'T have merge tags on those files. You either need to add them yourself for now, or wait for the author to acknowledge the problem and release a fix!

17. marac008

Ok, so if I understand correctly I just add { "__merge" : [["overwrite", "dropPools"]], ...} to my .monstertype files at that part of code where "dropPools" is and everything will work fine?

2. That could work nice, I will consider changing that :)
    3. I did understand the first time, but it doesn't matter because I plan on removing that from recipe and replacing it with something else that's equally available to all level players.

18. Wulf_Oman

I've tested it without "overwrite", just like Ulithium said, and it works fine. So probably remove that part

19. marac008

Then I just have to add _merge to the beginning of my .monstertype file and thats that then?

20. marac008

marac008 updated StarMount with a new update entry:

Recipe change

Read the rest of this update entry...