1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Notice Nightly builds not launching? Check here first!

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Dunto, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunto

Dunto Guest

This thread is outdated and does not cover Starbound 1.0 (or beyond).

If you are having issues with the Nightly Builds, please use the Nightly Support Forum to get help.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  2. Stickied for awesomeness.

castleofanime, Marxon and JennShii like this.
  3. PkFireAlpha

PkFireAlpha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What about (MapException) key 'abandonned' not found in Map::get() ?

Upon creating and trying to launch a character in the Nightly Build of Starbound, the following will occur.
    One, the game will stall, and then crash.
    Two, an error window will show up with the following text;
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (MapException) Key 'abandonned' not found in Map::get()
    MapException::MapException(string)
    Quest::Quest(Variant)
    QuestManager::QuestManager(String)
    UniverseServer::UniverseServer(String, bool, CelestialCoordinate)
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morsus98 likes this.
  4. The same fix should take care of that as well, the error is based on missing or incorrect information in the starbound.config. By deleting the old one, it lets the launcher build a new one.

5. PkFireAlpha

PkFireAlpha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No can do.
    Although, I picked up a tip that the nightly builds are just flat out unplayable from the most recent news post.

6. Ace6097

Ace6097 Poptop Tamer

When I delete the old config file and restart the game it seems to work, but after the loading screen does the penguin animation it crashes with a big blotch of text that idk how to copy to show it.

7. The text is says is stored in your starbound.log file in the install directory. Open up a separate support thread as it's beyond what this guide is written for.

8. Ace6097

Ace6097 Poptop Tamer

EDIT: I figured it out, just needed to delete my players and universe folder. thanks 4 ur help

Sorry to bother you again, but this is what i am getting from my last comment. Hope you can help.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Eyla likes this.
  9. el_coono

el_coono Space Hobo

Still cant launch the nightly mode

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      73.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      69.9 KB
      Views:
  10. This has nothing to do with the above guide, please submit this as a separate thread.

11. N3tRunn3r

N3tRunn3r Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks, Maxwell Demonic.
    Deleting the "starbound.config" file does it, as you mentioned it within my older thread.

Before changing the brand, I deleted this file and Steam downloaded/updated successfully.
    Works like a charm, thank you again.

But I need to kinda explain, that downloading these ~660 MB while chaning are ..... a bit of a hassle.

12. You're quite welcome ^^

13. ScottHeroOfLight

ScottHeroOfLight Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else crashing because of "jemguitar" not existing or something? How do I fix it?

14. This is unrelated to the issue this tutorial is about, please make a new thread containing the following information:
    • What version of the game are you running (Stable, Unstable, or Nightly)?
    • Do you have any mods installed? If so have you tried running the game without them?
    • Can you please provide full reproduction steps for the issue?
    • Can you please provide the starbound.log file created after reproducing the issue?
    With that we can start diagnosing the issue.

15. FrickinShark6212

FrickinShark6212 Void-Bound Voyager

When I search : /(steamdir) nothing comes up. Am I suposed to search it in my windows explorer or my start icon?

16. That's a placeholder name. This might be different on your system but it should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\"

17. FrickinShark6212

18. FrickinShark6212

Wait I did that and something prevented it from going through. So it must be an internal error

19. No idea what you mean by that ><

20. FrickinShark6212

Yeah sorry I guess I could have been more descriptive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.