DURASTEEL REQUIRES COAL CHUNKS??

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Mexiun, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

So me and 2 others are playing a lot, and we are at the X Sector, beat every boss there is now, and we can make durasteel en ferozium bars.
    Thing is, they have to use coal and titanium bars while i need to use coal CHUNK and titanium bars.

I cant find any topic about this issue and i've been searching for 40 minutes (yes 40 minutes...) on google trying out all sorts of word combinations including durasteel/ferozium + coal chunk.

What gives? Why cant i make the bars, while they can? I upgraded all my starmaps (up untill the durastee and ferozium ofcourse).

Is it a mod that just affecting me? (Doubt it).

2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Nightly Builds

EDIT: Oh, no nightly Builds? Dunno man.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  3. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

if it's the nightly, just unpack the assets look for the recipe related to coal chunks and off you go.
    i used to implement coal chunks into my mod for all kinds of stuff... dunno, as i didn't end up doing it i had no use for it.

4. Guthrie28

Guthrie28 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its probably from a mod.
    I believe industralization had an item called "Coal chunks".
    As far as I know said item doesn't exist in vanilla starbound
    EDIT: it seems that Industralization was deleted a month ago, so that's probably not the problem

5. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

Im not in Nighty.
    How can i remove this item without ruining my game? I already deleted bettermerchants mod and it didnt allow me to play anymore (it crashed with errors).
    Im really getting frustrated, i've been spending my whole saturday searching google for answers and hardly even played starbound on a weekend...
    I started with this around 14:00, its 20:46 and i only took small breaks.

Thing is, i cant really make the stuff i want which really hinders my playing mood you know?

6. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

remove all mods, depending on the mods you might have to restart.

but if you have a mod which features coal chunks just look up, in the recipes for the mod, coal chunk.
    that's probably better than be fucked and starting over.

i usually speedrun from t1 to 10 in ~2-3hrs (not so difficult, is you ask me, i don't even use armor :D)

on the other hand, what mods are you using ?

7. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

Recipes for the mod? Im really a newb to mods (infact my brother did all the modding, he hosts the server too).

Do you mean recipe in the game at the metal station or somewhere in my starbound modding map?

Edit: I went to the mod's wordpad thingy and i searched for coal chunk, i found 3 words of that in the wordpad thingy.
    It said i require coal chunks and stuff.

Its the Bettermerchant mod, which i deleted before but when i did, i couldnt even start the game anymore, when i putt it back in the mod folder, the game worked again.

Still not a fix =/

8. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

nah, the dirs look like /install_dir(usually steam blah)/starbound/mods/

and then the mods /mods/modA or /mods/modB and so on, if the mod is just a folder you can just use the search function and search for 'coal chunk'
    open the .recipe file with e.g. Notepad++ and look where to craft it (at the bottom it says crafting table or something)

9. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

Edited my previous post with info.

prodamn likes this.
  10. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

@Mackinz you mod adds coal chunks ?

@Mexiun what mods are you using tho ?
    if you remove better merchant, the game won't load, because bettermerchants changes stuff for world gen. (or something along those lines)

11. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

My mods are:

Advanceweaponizer
    Arcaneaddons
    Auroraclouds
    Automaticdoors
    Betterdoors
    Bettermerchants
    Betternamegen
    Bloodmod
    Charactercreationmod
    Coffeeaddon
    Colonies
    Colorbound
    Colorboundplusplus
    Combatmusicvariety
    Crispyfoodcrops
    Eggstralucks
    Flowermod
    Foxhatpack
    Gardenbot
    Generalstore
    Gindewmod
    Gravitationprojectors
    Greebles
    Hydromonster
    Invisiblearmor
    Justexplosive
    Lazarus
    Madtulip
    Matrixcompiler
    Miab
    Mmngun
    Mods_go_here
    pgs.modpak
    Planetside Teleporters v2.11
    Planetsideteleporters
    Printandpack
    Professionalbound
    Qunihobo
    s3r1ous
    Sbarmoursr
    Shadowcastinglights
    Smartpet
    Spooncommunitysongs
    Starfoundry
    Stimlab
    Survivalbackpacks
    Tabularasa
    Teaaddon
    Wulfsatomworks
    Wulfscrystalworks
    Wulfshuntingplus
    Xsmech
    Zbees
    Zfrackingflora
    Zkuraymod
    Zzbiometex

Phew... these are the mods i use.
    And yeah the bettermerchant thing sounds about right that it cant load, didnt think of that.

12. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Oooooooooooh. Dude. You really fucked up. That's a lot of mods, let me say you! I'm 146% sure this problem is caused by one of them. I haven't tested ALL of them, but I'm pretty sure you can find the culprit by deleting-testing-restoring each one of them.

13. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

It's better merchants, has the coal chunk bush. Just remove it for that, had this too.

14. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

I didnt fuck up, my brother downloads them all :p
    I'll tell him about this whole thing.

15. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

Yeah i noticed your topic, which made me delete whole mod but it would crash my game.

16. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

holy balls, that's alot of mods... D:

is this the s3rious modpack ? @ThaOneDon

if so FIX IT ! xD your modpack :D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  17. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

Any solution? :p

18. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

if bettermerchants adds the coal chunk shit, i'd suggest to delete everything related to coal chunk in the bettermerchants mod.
    well you would have to fix up recipes also.

19. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

Can you give a step by step guide to finding these recipes for mods? I cant find anything what you mean.
    I never worked with these things before, no idea what all of this is and where to even find it =/
    I know where my starbound map is, im at the mod map now but its all .modpak files.

20. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

Recipe searching doesn't work, tried it already and it doesn't seem to be in the files, or that's just me being blonde
    Very sorry to hear that it crashed your game, just delete everything from better merchants from your inventory/ship/homeworld and then delete the mod out.
    @prodamn It's not about the mod, better merchants actually asks you to get that coal chunk bush, but since they spawn freaking randomly it's hard to get them. The modder himself should fix that, but if he/she will remains unknown

prodamn likes this.