Kadron Empire | For All Things Space |

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by Shock, Jan 21, 2014.

1. kenmario

kenmario Corporate Co-Chair

Not really, I just wanna get to work on seeing what the walls are capable of - I want to start having a look at developing software using the API...

2. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

(( I've had this since last year :p ))

LeeJohn and kenmario like this.
  3. LeeJohn

LeeJohn Phantasmal Quasar

((Can't say I followed you since that incident in your café. Last time I saw your post, you had our beloved doge as a thumbinail))
    I don't see the point, since it can already offer protection against almost any firearm you throw on the table. When it comes to using nanobots for other aims, it's what my company does. For now we offer for example omni-tools, which are a wristband, that is a holographic computer, tablet, phone, watch, etc. in one. When you open the interface, the nanobots cooperate with the hologram to create the feeling of actual objects. These can also fabricate small, disposable weapons, like blades or even simple hurling weapons, like an omni-crossbow. We supply these to mercenaries and even some empires' military.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Shock likes this.
  4. Whitepixel

Whitepixel Void-Bound Voyager

Guys, there's a REAL problem. Me and Shock were in a vacation home, and we took a trip outside, I was a little behind him in this forest. Next thing I saw were these men, they ambushed the two of us, only I managed to escape, but he was shot and captured. He could be dead, or being tortured. We must find Shock.

5. kenmario

That is a problem - I think we could find out where he is...
    Did he have his phone, PDA, or omnitool on him?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  6. LeeJohn

Lee, who overheard the conversation while leaving the building, turned back and joined it.
    "Since MinervaTech is the only manufacturer of this device, and we have the patent, I predict that if he had one... Tracking him will be fairly easy."

7. kenmario

Just what I was thinking - if Shock does have a device such as your Omnitool, I'm sure we could track it. Most modern devices have a UPS (Universal Positioning System) built into them...

8. LeeJohn

Lee checked the database in search for Shock, to find that he uses standard issue military version of the device, called "Comrade Mk3.2g2"
    "He uses one of millitary-grade omni-tools. That will make him very easy to track, however we need to get a warrant for that... The transponder used in this device uses Tango radiation, which is prooven to be harmless to organic life, nevertheless it was not acknowledged by the law and therefore requires approval."

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  9. kenmario

Well, damn - we better get to work on that. Can you manage that? If you need quick transport, I'll see if I can get one of my test ships up and running...

10. LeeJohn

((Let's not quote, when it's obvius we're refering to the previous post. I like to sift through my posts to correct my mistakes. When you quote them, my mistakes remain there forever... :confused:))
    "Don't worry, I've got the transport covered." Lee said and added "Hey Whitepixel do you have anything we can use as a proof? Some recording, or anything? That would make getting the warrant whole lot easier. Otherwise, I'll have to access his body telemetry which will take a while as well."

11. kenmario

((Haha, don't worry - I spotted the mistake and modified it before I responded.))
    Well, if that's the case, I'll see if I can pull a few strings. My time as a spaceship designer and builder for some companies and organisations has got me a few, well, connections. I try not to use them to much, as you never know when they'll come in handy, but this is an urgent situation. I can help get the warrant through faster if needs be - I mean, I've got to help somewhere. I can understand if you've got contacts high up, but you'll need to worry about your public reputation - you don't want the media finding out some scandal. I'm unimportant, and less likely to be noticed.

12. LeeJohn

Lee giggled and continued "I'm not worried about the media, they've learned to avoid slandering my reputation in any way... Nay, I have a whole department that is responsible for making them very sorry if they ever happen to. You did however mention you wanted to make yourself useful, so you do that with your contacts. I'll make sure to be ready once you do."

13. kenmario

*looks like a combination of very impressed and very irritated*
    Well, if that's the case, I better start.
    *pulls out his phone, opens a holo-screen, and dials a number into the holographic buttons*
    *a image in the form of a sound-wave appears on the holo-screen, and Kenmario/Rusted puts wireless earbuds into his ears*
    Hello? It's me. Rusted Sky. Yes, the Hylotl. No, not that Rusted. Yes. Yes. I'm wondering if... No. Not at all. Look... No, I don't - What? No! I...
    *walks out of the room, still talking into the phone*

14. LeeJohn

As Kenmario walked out of the room, Lee followed him with his eyes, slightly amused by the situation. Then all of the sudden his face got serious again, when he recalled why was all this happening.

15. kenmario

*several minutes later, Rusted/Kenmario walks back into the room, tucking his phone into his trouser pocket, a bemused and annoyed look on his face*
    Right, that should be sorted out. Dare I ask, is there anything else I can do to help?

16. Whitepixel

Whitepixel Void-Bound Voyager

Lee, what do you mean by recordings?

17. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Hi everyone. It's me, I'm using this computer to talk to you, but it wont be for long. I'm planning an escape, but they've cut off my arms and legs, replacing them with robotic versions that only they can activate. I need your help. Someone's coming...
    *screen goes off*

18. kenmario

Well. I think that fits your requirements, Lee - Can you trace that call, instead of going through the lengthy process of tracing his phone?

19. LeeJohn

Lee stood there with a silly look on his face for a moment "Now there's a thing I don't understand, why would one cut somebody's limbs and replace them with robotic counterparts...?" Second later, when he recovered from the shock, he returned to the relevant stuff, "Yeah, I'll run the trace. In the meantime, send me the recording and I'll go straigt to my favourite judge. Unless it's already dealt with? Oh, wait you did take care of it..." He then turns his omni-tool on and runs a trace of the call and of Shocks's omni-tool. Seconds later, two dots in proximity of each other, appear on projected 3d map. "So we've got the location of one of Shock's arms and a device he used to call. Any volunteers, brave enough to join my assault team? People with some battle talents preferably."

20. kenmario

*blinks, looks around, and sighs*
    Are you expecting us to come? I mean, if you are, then sure - But if you are...