Homestuck Clan Thread: Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 6

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    Oh.

Well that explains why I feel like they are killing me inside.

They are literally the cockroaches of candy.

2. Bizarre Monkey

[​IMG]
    Now knowing that this epitome of plebeian trash is actually worthless culturally and nutritionally I can go on a life-long quest to talk mad shit about Tootsie Rolls and never consume one again.

Like Hussie does with Faygo.

3. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

I may not end up dropping this English class, but I probably will. In the event I do, I might make a Javascript game because I have nothing better to do.
    So... any suggestions? I know my shit well enough to probably make a game as complicated as any Flash, etc. game you can think of (though not as visually-appealing as I can't draw for shit), but the more complex it is, the longer it will take and the more likely I will lose interest partway through and give up.
    I tend to spend way longer writing code than I probably should, but the result of that is very few bugs. In fact, I can't find any in this (at least in Chrome, which is what it was made for, though I later fixed it so it would work in Firefox), which is probably the best thing I've ever made in terms of working as intended. However, that took me about a week of work, stopping only for food, sleep, and occasional breaks.

Padexin and elusiveTranscendent like this.
  4. Bizarre Monkey

The game developer in it's natural habitat, so graceful.

Also, I could throw you a couple ideas. One game I've wanted to make for a while is one that's just a never ending boss battle that gets faster and more dangerous as time goes on, first the boss would start off with just two basic attacks but as time progressed it'd unlock more and more deadly weapons that you were then at the mercy of.

Your goal? Get the high score, duh!

5. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

6. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

im waking up at the start of the end of the workd
    but its feeling just like every other morning before
    now i wonder what my life is gonna mean if its gone

7. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

8. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

>Clicks link
    >Views video

I smell possible heresy. But as we cannot find it; the only option is to damn this world to Exterminatus.

9. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

Is there something I'm missing here?
    Is he jokingly saying that because it says "Let Go" there, that is frozen and because it looks shitty, etc etc?

10. Bizarre Monkey

In my games, I am the Heretic, it's me.
    [​IMG]

11. Relinies

I fucking love that game.

12. Bizarre Monkey

My favorite FPS to date. DooM is great but sci-fi shooters are just so common, Medieval Fantasy is awesome and this game had a really good aesthetic. From the sparkly items to the Elizabethan Architecture, it just had a very drawing effect to it.

Also the Ethereal Crossbow was fuckin' kickass. Who says Elves can't have awesome weapons?

13. Relinies

But which is better: Heretic or Hexen?

14. Bizarre Monkey

For me, I think Heretic has far better pacing than Hexen, though I liked Hexen II since it was metroidvanian in the way levels were set up. (Also you could launch sheep from Catapults what more do you want?)

The original Hexen wasn't very good, and for most of the game it wasn't about finding secrets or killing monsters, it was finding the exit before heaven forbid you run out of enemies to kill.

It's pacing was just, really bad. It did do some cool things though, it was the First notable FPS with a Class system, to start off, and it's possible Team Fortress may not exist today had Hexen not popularized the idea of Classes in First Person Shooters.

I also think it was stronger in the weapons department. If you asked me to state my favorite weapon from Heretic it'd be Ethereal Crossbow, no second thoughts. Hexen had a lot of aesthetic weapons and choosing a favorite would be difficult.

Also back to Heretic, Iron Liches are fucking terrifying for an 8 year old. (Which is when I first played it.)
    [​IMG]
    I've just come under the realization that I was playing First Person Shooters while Frank Biscuit, Grav and Nightclaw were still in diapers.

I feel really old now.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  15. TachyonBlade

Ikr

Also, when I played Quake 2, I was like, four to five. Damn Berserkers terrified me so much

16. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

TDOB: 1965 stickybomb kills pre-nerf
    TDOB: 1 post-nerf
    TDOB: i feel the emotional need to get this thing to 2500 before getting it put down, but i physically can't
    TDOB: this thing DESERVES to see the light of it's next rank
    TDOB: it never let me down for two years
    TDOB: fuck im crying
    TDOB: i am actually crying over this
    TDOB: fuck
    TDOB: this isn't right

17. Bizarre Monkey

Quake 2 is p/good. Played it a bunch when I was around 9.

That's right, 1997, you probably weren't even born yet.

18. TachyonBlade

Three years before I was born, thats right, grandpa

19. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

This just means you were playing demoman wrong before.

20. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

that was the exact year i was born
    the game is older than me by a few months, probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.