1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magmarashi

Magmarashi Cosmic Narwhal

Pretty sure it will be just as easy as replacing any other image file in the game, so they've already given you an option to have something different, hurrah!

2. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

like i said all modding is at risk of corruption id rather have an actual choice now lets be done with this.

3. TheNameless

TheNameless Void-Bound Voyager

I think the horse is awesome.

Furthermore, I think it would be really sad to get rid of something fun and goofy because people didn't like it, when functionality will almost absolutely exist that will allow everyone who wants to change it to do so with little effort from the moment the relevant update goes live.

I do appreciate serious, deep, maybe even dark lore and backstories and all that go with it, but sometimes it's really nice to have things that can be lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek and, well.. really silly like this, too.
    People get really caught up in insisting everything has to be made in a way that makes sense from a human point of view, when we're actually dealing with a bunch of different alien races (plus humans!). There's a lot of room for really bizarre stuff just like this to crop up in a scenario like that, and I'd love to see that kind of thing explored in a game like this!

I love me some actually alien aliens, and the potentially hilarious confusion that can come up when distant cultures encounter one another.

(also, it's really cute to imagine that the Glitch tried their best to come up with something REALLY COOL and appropriate for their AI...and this is the end result. Can I give them hugs and tell them they did a good job and we're all super proud?)

Zouleena, Zebe, Kismet and 1 other person like this.
  4. ObsidianDragon13

i will just say i disagree with your description but i dont think it should be removed only be a choice and MODDING is not a choice we should have to make because i dont like the idea of losing my characters because of that horse.

NeoFoxx000 likes this.
  5. TaoJaz

TaoJaz Void-Bound Voyager

You should never have to mod a game to stop it from throwing outdated memes in your face

Jeoshua likes this.
  6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

why do people think its still a meme even after the devs sead it wasnt

i honestly want to know, are the devs an unreliable sourse or something

besides it seems more people are for it

7. Magmarashi

Goofy Horse AI is not an outdated meme, or even a meme.

Also, swapping an image file out carries with it no chance of corruption unless YOU muff something up, like not using the right name for the file.

8. grimcreaper

grimcreaper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Considering it's about to become an actual meme.... How is it outdated

9. ObsidianDragon13

[​IMG]
    same color same eyes would be same mouth if closed even if its not based on it its really hard not to see the comparisons

10. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Having it a choice is an idea I can get behind. I mean when one starts the game and creates their first character, they're given a choice of six races (seven when the Novakid gets added) and nine additional options (four of which are unique per race, two for starting clothes, two for color of starting clothes, and one for idle standing pose).

Why not add a tenth option for the AI. Not just for the Glitch, but all the races.

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  11. Magmarashi

Horses tend to come in a very limited range of colors for eyes and hair. We don't have very many Technicolor Dream Horses outside the Land of Oz, Dorothy

12. Katsumi Rayer

Katsumi Rayer Big Damn Hero

Pretty sure the resemblance is just coincidental. I mean, yes. They look similar. That's to be expected, though, considering they are both horses.

13. ObsidianDragon13

so why not white or black or dark brown toto? or at least a closed mouth and horses CAN cover their teeth.

14. Magmarashi

Why not chestnut brown? Why does it matter and why is this a thing we're discussing, they've said it was a coincidence and that's about as far as it needs to go there. If you have some conspiratorial hangup about the devs being dishonest, this is not the place for discussing it

15. Kismet

Kismet Yeah, You!

The glitch horse is solid yellow, not brown with a white blaze on its face. It's mouth is also closed at rest, not hanging open like the mask's mouth is.

I really do think you're freaking out over an imagined similarity.

16. ObsidianDragon13

now you are putting words in my mouth i said it may not be based on it but it sure looks enough like it to be confused for it.

i really wish you would read my posts before assuming im "freaking out" over it im being nice and polite he is trying to insult and saying our opinion is wrong how is asking for a choice that so wrong to you people? :seriously:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  17. oceansRising

oceansRising Pangalactic Porcupine

That's actually awesome. The animation is solid and wow.

18. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

TIL

horses look like horses

yellow is the same color as brown

19. Ohma

Ohma Master Chief

This is easily the most stupid "controversy" to come out of this community yet.

Azahiel, TheNameless, Archer and 2 others like this.
  20. ObsidianDragon13

*sigh* the point is we should have a choice you want it keep it but i shouldn't have to be stuck with it and you shouldn't force it down our throats all it does it make us hate it MORE want us to like it or get used to it? STOP TRYING TO MAKE US.

Kreq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.