1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

Alternatives on the thread thus far with pictures in-game or in-thread that fit the theme of the race:

Glitchspeare
    Robot Horse
    Original Horselady Concept
    Robot Sorcerer
    Robot Jester

Really the last post for me tonight. I like all of those ideas, and only one of them was mine (really Chucklefish's, repurposed)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Izzabelle and ObsidianDragon13 like this.
  2. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oops sorry i felt like i was pushing it ^^;

Izzabelle likes this.
  3. Magmarashi

Magmarashi Cosmic Narwhal

You left out Horsetana

4. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

boat?

5. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

I thought the one that is there already already WAS Horsetana! I listed the ones with pictures either in game or in the thread, not every idea people mentioned ;) I also left out "Sexyhorse"... because... reasons...

Edited original post to clarify.... now, away with me, already!

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  6. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I voted in the poll, and stated my choice, along with my opinion that I'd like to see alternate AI for those that don't like the titty horse. Thanks for deleting my post and calling it "noise" though. I was editing my post to add more and it's gone in like 30 seconds. Chill out man, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything.

7. withered turtle

withered turtle Orbital Explorer

I personally hate it. I know the game is not 100% serious, but this is too much. A horselady with tits rapping the "Fresh Prince" theme isn't funny, isn't creative, and quite frankly seems to be a middle finger to those who have criticized the game by showing that the developers are not going to be taking this seriously anymore. Personally, I have been trying to be patient, but I am really not okay with this.

Jeoshua likes this.
  8. Sorry -- as you can see the thread is moving awfully fast. We have posts (including the op) stating the expectations. It's probably not a good idea to make a half-effort post to edit later if it doesn't engage the thread meaningfully, because we're trying to keep noise to a minimum to make way for full feedback.

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  9. ObsidianDragon13

hmmmm i wonder would a roman A.I. work because of the legionnaire armor?

10. @FLOknows What @Izzabelle said, before I could say it. That's how fast the thread is moving. :saywhat:

11. ReverendBonobo

ReverendBonobo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

If they don't name the horse ED-E, I'll be very disappointed.

Zouleena likes this.
  12. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

I think if they'd need an "alternate", they'll probably just remove it unless they're planning on more than one AI choice for every race. They're not likely to create a system just to accommodate one alternative choice.

13. FLOknows

Wow, the difference between the first poll and this one is pretty significant. I think it was like 66-33 against last time, and now it looks to be essentially dead even. Wonder why that is? Maybe it grew on people?

Yeah, that was my idea. I would expand it a bit and say that each race should either have an alt, or simply have AI "modules" that allow players to swap out AI for one they prefer. Maybe make it into a quest?

14. Maybe the numbers will sway further in the next few days. I think the new update really made it or really broke it for some people.

15. ObsidianDragon13

that or people are just tired of the whole situation

16. FLOknows

Not a lot of people in the middle it seems. Seems like people love it or hate it.

Wouldn't they just not vote then? Maybe that's what you mean. Seems like the side against it is more outspoken though, so idk.

17. Skarn

The Will Smith endorsement. :p

I think the previous poll was a standalone thread, so I'm guessing people who liked it were not as likely to come and voice their opinion as the people who were passionate about it. With this one, everyone that reads the updates would, so it's a bit more balanced.

That, or it's just the fact that such a small sample size isn't really representative of the community as a whole, and a different group happens to have voted this time.

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I voted "yes", in lieu of a "meh" option. It's OK, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Skarn likes this.
  19. The poll doesn't really reflect an on the fence option very well, it's a little late but it should probably be included.

20. Skarn

Yeah, if there was a neutral choice, I would probably have gone with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.