1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

yea thats another issue not for this thread, im not super happy aboutt the hylotl ai but yea not for this thread, it doesn't have buck theeth though.... go back and look
    http://playstarbound.com/page/3

and i can see it being like the head of their religious order of helping people or whatever that would make sense

2. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

Yes, but it fits the race in its entirety, which is already "Oriental" stereotypes writ large on a fish-like people. There is no question that a wise sage teacher makes sense for an Artifical Intelligence created by the Hylotyl, based on what we know about them, and as Locklave pointed out:

Locklave and Skyblade799 like this.
  3. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

although that reference was funny i wont lie....it kinda has nothing to do with the glitch, the human a.i should be will smith :rofl: oh i also voted no i wonder why the team is pushing for this so hard though id honestly care less if we can choose our a.i. and replace our ships.

4. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

They're not pushing for it, there's just a lot of discussion. They don't need our permission.

Will Smith AI would rule though, with you there.

Izzabelle likes this.
  5. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

Has there been any dev response on this topic before, by the way? I hadn't heard them saying anything at all, really.

Personally, I'm in the "meh, no" category. I don't think it's THAT bad, I'd just like for it to be improved a bit, that's all.

6. I don't think so.

7. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

I don't think officially but the reveal of tithorse was a while back, they're just using it more to show off some new features. They've had a lot of time to think about the reaction they've gotten so far.

8. ObsidianDragon13

i just mean the constant images. They might just be messing with us though to push our buttons in a silly way.

9. Jeoshua

Yeah, they're not pushing for it, they seem very much to have implemented it above the objections of myself and others, and... well check the home page to see what set everyone off. There was an explosion of activity based on a bad joke by a certain head artist.

I would venture than many of the objectors of late aren't against a "Horse AI" so to speak, but rather about the jokey nature of that post. And many of the people who Love it have voted so because they love that humor. I kind of wonder how many people besides myself were for or against the idea from the start.

10. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Maybe people would whine less if it was more human like... something like that:
    [​IMG]

(there is better but I don't want to search... but that give an idea what I mean)

11. Jeoshua

The only "official" response (sorry, Moderators don't count) was the notorious Fresh Prince of Bel Air post. No actual words about it have ever been spoken, unless you count the lyrics to said song.

12. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

It's wouldn't be the first time, and I hope it wouldn't be the last.

13. :lod:

14. Jeoshua

Give her more of a "barmaid" outfit to fit the race's theme, and that would have been quirky and strange, yet more acceptable than "Derphorse".

15. ObsidianDragon13

i can see them messing with us and i accept that :rofl: i just hope they have a compromised planned for use who dont like the horse thats all.

yeesh not really id prefer this.[​IMG]

Jeoshua likes this.
  16. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Please don't make the horse "sexy". If you're going to go that far I'm just going to vote to have it removed.

17. ObsidianDragon13

[[​IMG] though a robot jester or....this[​IMG] would also be cool though im doubting umlaut making an appearance for the kiddies :rofl:

Jeoshua likes this.
  18. Guys, let's keep the images small or to a minimum please. <3

19. @FLOknows really trying to keep the noise to content ratio down, so if you want to post here then contribute some feed back or brainstorm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.