1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Ya know, I've never actually seen these sketches before. Looking at the Glitch AI, the line on the neck does indicate that it's possibly a mask.

Hmm...

For the lack of a better phrase, I'll "hold back my hand of cards until more cards are played."

Finn Learson likes this.
  2. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

And yet the reply,

Invariably is

Why?

*Sink to stage and scene*

TheNameless likes this.
  3. PartyAlarm

PartyAlarm A "Cool" "Good" poster.

Where's the BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

4. Good point.
    The plot thickens.

5. AFancy400

AFancy400 Aquatic Astronaut

To be honest I think the fact that it's a bunch of robots programmed to follow feudal Earth political structures is exactly why the horse fits. Whoever created them was clearly already a little(or even a lot) off their rockers and not really in touch with reality.

6. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

Again:

Horses - Fine.
    Derpy Horse Ladies that don't fit with the context of the race, don't look medieval, don't look all that feminine, and apparently don't even fit the concept art - BAD

Ewok likes this.
  7. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

I disagree.

8. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

true i still see no reason for them putting boobs on a horse

9. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

How does a medieval horse look different than one now? Is it wearing a helmet? That would be silly.

10. Jeoshua

Is that you, Glitchspeare?

(I still think that's a far better option for an AI, btw)

TaoJaz and Skyblade799 like this.
  11. Ewok

Ewok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks like a necklace to me. It's not just one line which would indicate the bottom of a mask but there are two lines at the neck level and the pentagon part in the middle which easily could be part of a necklace.

12. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

13. Jeoshua

I think the expression is the reason that concept art doesn't offend me. It looks reserved, wise, like I think an AI ought to. It looks medieval with the sleeves and the pauldrons. IT is in every way better than the derpy horse-lady we are arguing about.

LEt me clarify my terms:
    Derpy - due to the expression on her face.
    Reserved - Looking calm, and not derpy.
    Offend - Make me regret giving the art team money.

14. Jeoshua

(BTW, thank you mods. I was about to make a response to a very off color comment that had the potential of offending many people, both its original content and my response)

15. @PartyAlarm The material you posted could be considered offensive in the religious sense, man. That's not cool.

Please be more mindful in future posts.

16. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

How do you feel about Derby Horse Lady Hats?

Hats are a big thing on a certain fringe side.

17. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Yeah, Party Alarm. That's very offensive. Whoever made that edit should feel ashamed.

18. The Lord of Hats

The Lord of Hats Poptop Tamer

I like the idea that the Glitch just don't quite get what's so weird about their AI. Their grasp of humor and a lot of emotions in general is a bit shaky, and the fact that their AI looks ludicrous is completely lost on them. Like, you'd ask them "why horse tits?" and they wouldn't quite get why you think it's even worth mentioning, that's just what ship AIs look like.

AFancy400 likes this.
  19. @Jeoshua in defense of concept art, it is just that, concept art. Those things change all the time.

I wonder if there's a statement to be made by the way the horse face is rendered, from a lore aspect.

20. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Perhaps the robots... are the most human of us all

Finn Learson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.