1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There has been a resurgence of debate regarding the Glitch Ship AI and it's appearance. To manage the level of escalating tension regarding the subject, I'm creating this thread to be a grounds of civil and healthy discussion.

Civil and healthy discussion.

This means let's try to keep our posts well within the rules, and articulate our thoughts on the matter in a polite and meaningful way. No off-topic posts and no posts that contribute nothing to the subject being discussed please. If we can't keep it cool about this, we'll have to warn or ban people based on the level of jerk-ness. But that shouldn't be necessary, right?

This also means I'll be redirecting other related threads and posts on the matter to this thread.
    and in cased you missed it, here is the Glitch Ship AI

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Seajun_, Axe Garian, Madzai and 7 others like this.
  2. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Excellent, and appreciated Izzabelle. Voted- and I, for one, love the AI. I think she is quirky, hilarious, and dig her bunches. I grin every time she pops up.

I look forward to an engaging discussion where all parties can voice their points of view without being condemned for it, and even if one disagrees, accepts that opinions can differ without folks having to be right or wrong.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

I like the horse

Serenity and Space_explorer like this.
  4. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

I dislike the horse

5. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

so some points that were brought up are that the horse is very loosely if at all connected with the glitch, while the other ai's fit much better with their respective races.

as ive said a bunch a good solution and compromise is to let players choose what ai they use.

i think thats about it.

6. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Can my posts stop being deleted without warning? Because right now it feels like they're being removed just because I'm posting something that disagrees heavily with what a mod said.

Althalos and Kreq like this.
  7. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I'm biased and immature because I like it more because others don't. no sarcasm whatsoever, I'm totally serious.

Serenity and Ramones_fan like this.
  8. Oh my. Guys -- let's stay on topic, start with a new slate. If you want to provide feedback the dev's will actually listen to, you have to make your point in a defined matter.

Forget the closed threads for now. New slate, Sorry for post deletes.

Axe Garian, Lavranzo and photostyle like this.
  9. StarNaba

StarNaba Aquatic Astronaut

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mrs ED-E.

10. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

I couldn't vote. 'this argument is pointless isn't there.' voting yes as all the hating on the horse has made me more sympathetic with those who like it instead.

DailyHoboNews likes this.
  11. Dagorran

Dagorran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Go on keep swinging! Your stick just goes through it, you know, cause it's a hologram. The horse is immortal!

And to throw in my opinion, I like the horse wench AI.

12. Sorry, it was a large image -- and the context was misplaced. I was going to address it individually but I had a couple posts turn up all at once that needed attention :oops:

Axe Garian and Lecic like this.
  13. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

The horse is good, in my opinion.

14. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

ditto.

Magmarashi and Jbeetle like this.
  15. I think the horse is ok. i do, however, dislike people who would/have write any sort of creepy fanfiction about it.

Lavranzo and Magmarashi like this.
  16. I personally don't like the horse AI. I wouldn't go so far as to have it removed. Maybe if I played Glitch I would be more against it than I am now. It just doesn't seem as "cool" as the others to me.

17. I think it's okay, but I think it would be much better as the Novakid A.I.

18. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

I read there were some reports, sorry to hear that. To me, things seemed to be going fine, but eh.

Quote from the other thread, since it's relevant.
    Anthropomorphic characters are a common element in games/movies, and have been for a long time, it has very little to do with furries. Gamers would be aware of this fact. Heck, FURRIES are aware of this fact. They've been here all along, they didn't come for the AI horse boobies. Well, maybe a couple of them did, I dunno :lickitung:

Point being, there is no way this one thing would alter the entire game's demographic. Especially when 6/7 characters would never see it.

Dagorran and Ramones_fan like this.
  19. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm going to try posting this one more time. I'm putting the image in spoiler, so I can't be blamed for it being too large without warning. I've even removed quotes so it no longer relates to the old thread.

[​IMG]

Even if the devs *claim* it isn't based of the horse head meme, it sure looks like it.

20. Aggravated

Aggravated Aquatic Astronaut

Last time we did a poll like this the meta discussion went something like: "The forums are a really poor way to gather the opinion of all possible players / obvious bias votes / people are going to vote one way just to piss off someone else".
    I think the AI thing is silly, and if every race had a silly AI variant then it'd be 'whatever', but otherwise I think its annoying.
    (Not like it matters.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.