18th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

why should they do anything!

they could have addressed the concerns atleast instead of doing what feels like trolling

2. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

I did. And this was the main art designers seeming response to me and others voicing our concerns in a civil manner.

3. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Well, hopefully one day you can employ a developer to make a game exactly to your specifications I suppose.

No, it was their decision after weighing what they wanted to do in the game with not only your feedback, but the feedback of people that supported it.

Stop acting as if you are the voice of the community, thanks.

Runetora and Silican Beat like this.
  4. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

So you expect the MLP devs to do that for you?

Runetora likes this.
  5. PartyAlarm

PartyAlarm A "Cool" "Good" poster.

Trolling implies an attack. Trolling is malicious in nature. A joke is not. There's a pretty big difference between the two

Runetora and Zouleena like this.
  6. Let's take a step back everyone.

Some people like the AI

Some people don't.

Personally -- I don't. But I like that other people like it.

Let's move the discussion over whether it should remain in the game into a... voting thread in General Discussion perhaps. There's no need to escalate the negativity in this thread.

7. Skarn

To me, this update is less trolling, more "haters gonna hate". But that's just my take on it. :)

Runetora and Ramones_fan like this.
  8. Jeoshua

Look. I should note that whole I am very adamant about my dislike for this and the way it seems to have been handled, I'm not seething mad. I'm upset, yes, but I'm not sitting around here kicking and screaming. I'm merely very disappointed that I gave money to support the development of a game that when I and others voice a concern about content not making sense, an art designer then posts a joke in obvious bad taste about that very objection, without explanation or comment, rapping an internet meme, and then get told that I'm overreacting? Should I be happy that this bad joke is continuing? That it's getting more serious? That some people seem to like it and are egging the whole situation on?

No, I'm not yelling here, please read what I say in a calm yet very seriously disappointed tone:

I pre-ordered a space sandbox, not bad jokes.

Kozakana likes this.
  9. code14715

code14715 Void-Bound Voyager

Because there's still the possibility of compromising. Unless you're saying that everything that's "good enough for the majority" should be left as is?

10. Poppinz

so like this thread? http://community.playstarbound.com/...-boobs-for-glitch-poll-yes-or-no.79610/page-6

1. Yay! It is cool and funny! (And it works for the Glitch)
      51 vote(s)
      34.5%
    2. *
      Nay! It is ugly and -not- appropriate for the Glitch!
      97 vote(s)
      65.5%

higuysstarboundiscool likes this.
  11. Skarn

That's... just... your opinion?

12. PartyAlarm

PM'd

13. Poppinz

ok so we have different definitions of trolling then, i think making a joke about it is unprofessional... when there are people who are like, not liking it.

14. Pretty much -- but we need to not start attacking each other over this. We can reason stuff out and have the devs re-evaluate the results.

15. Poppinz

i think its generally been pretty civil? there have been a few people not being, that civil... but...

i would like it if the devs actually addressed it somehow... im sure they are aware that some people dislike the ai.

16. Jeoshua

I agree, and beyond the whole Horse AI situation here.

If this thread had some kind of description, it would not have come off so potentially offensive. It is the lack of commentary of this thread's initiating post that makes it so inflamatory. It's not accompanied by something like "Here is an example of the AI working in game. This is just placeholder text." or "I know you guys don't all like this, but look what I made!" or anything. IT was just left there, to sit on its own merits, and for people to read into it whatever they want. And in the case of people who really didn't like the Horse AI (or the Horse AI giving us the raspberry buried in the source files), it comes off as a tad offensive.

A picture speaks a thousand words, and if that picture is an animated gif of a horse rapping the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song, those words aren't exactly encouraging ones.

Nimeni likes this.
  17. PartyAlarm

I could be reading this wrong, but it seems like you're saying they were making a joke about the people who did not like the horse. Am I interpreting that right?

18. Poppinz

yea i mean it does feel like, its "trolling" a bit which annoys me

19. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

A gamer is someone who plays a game, any game. Anyway, in my personal experience, "hard core gamers" are the most fickle group of people in the entire video game community. So, if anything, these people who would leave or stop playing Glitch are probably more hardcore a gamer than you.

If they want more sales on this or any of their other games, and not to be recognized as the people who rarely listen to what the playerbase wants, they should probably at least consider and give out some statements and lore as to how the stupid boob horse fits.

Po is not comparable, it is a much smaller aspect of the game, where this is a thing that Glitch players will see constantly.

20. Poppinz

im saying it feels like thats what happening, a bit, if that is whats happening its unprofessional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.