1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elunite Race Mod 2.0.2

Adds Elunite as a playable Race!

1. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

Omnija submitted a new mod:

Elunite Race Mod - Adds Elunite as a playable Race!

Read more about this mod...

2. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

This mod looks nice. good job with this mod! :)

3. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I like it..but it kinda seem similar to novakid.... Of course with a little bit of tweaking that problem can be solved, other than that this mod looks great

-----------------------------------------------
    I don't think its nice you laughin' . You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea your laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks, next update will have .
    • Updated Character Sprites
    • Updated Race images and Gender Icons
    • Updated Started Weapon
    • Updated Colour Blends
    • Altered some of the names in the generator
    • A New hair style for each Gender
    • Possibly a custom ship (Depends on how long it takes me, ships aren't easy)

5. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Now in curious what they look like...

I don't think its nice you laughin' . You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea your laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

6. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

I uploaded en example image on the mod page.

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

As long as you remember that ships must align to an 8 by 8 grid, it really isn't hard to make a custom ship... the hard part would be designing a custom decorative exterior for said ship.

8. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

Depends on how much effort someone puts into as well.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  9. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I could do it..considering my soviet tank ship is done, and yes I just said soviet tank. So now beside my mods, I really have nothing to do....

10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Maybe next time I shouldn't play too much CnC lol

I hope this music inspires everyone

11. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

lol nice.

12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

In my opinion creating ships isn't THAT hard....it's the detailing that is really is the hard part. In my opinion I would start with a basic idea on what you are picturing then, aquire a basic ship template i.e being the rooms and thrusters (I recommend human due to the simplicity and takes less effort to change) and make an outline on what you want. I wanted my ship to look like something the Soviet Union would make for space battles soo I went with it. Most important though, in my opinion is to have fun.

13. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

On continuation to my last comment, you don't need to copy the same style ship though, for yours it could be differently shaped...
    The problem with differently shaped ships, is that you have to still retain the same amount of space in it so the race doesn't have an unfair advantage of having a bigger ship.

14. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

My idea on the ship atm is using the "room" of the human ship, but editing everything outside the ship. So basicly recreating the entire design except for the "room". Also adding enough detail into it, to fit with the starbound style.

As for the contribution, any mean of help or ideas are welcomed.

15. Colaymorak

Colaymorak Big Damn Hero

Sorta depends, what is the general theme of this species?
    Most of the vanilla races (not to mention several modded races) have some sort of theme to them, often taking the form of some combination of fantasy counterpart culture or planet of hats. Keeping this in mind I ask you, what do you want this race to be? Are they peaceful explorers? Crazy tinkerers? A proud race of warriors? Some other fourth thing?
    From that I may be able to give you some help with how to design their armor and ships.

16. Randou

Randou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this breed is very similar to that of novakids appearance, I suggest you use a different one, I have an idea, what if you create one that looks similar to the costumes worn by characters in the tron movie?, dark colors with neon lights look great

17. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

But then they would look like they are in a computer :zzz:

18. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

@Colaymorak if you have to categories it... i would have to say their similar to Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
    Ancient race of runic science but are also warriors.

@Randou I don't think it would look that great as a person, but as for armor i think its a great idea.

As for the progress on the ship... I've restarted 3 times. I can't decide on it sooo.
    I was thinking of posting a simple Florescent Template and making a competition out of it.

Such as "Shade the Ship Contest"

19. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Lol, like a coloring contest?

20. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

"Something a little more grown up , it's pixeling not scribbling" - Quoted from my girlfriend

If anyone is up to the challenge let me know.

As for the update 2.0!! Tron as the theme for the race, the starter weapon's going to be an "Identity DISC". Check my mod page to see the screenshot.

Zalgo the GodEater likes this.