1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated height fitted mining tools 1.1

increases default mining size to 4 blocks

1. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

lornlynx submitted a new mod:

height fitted mining tools - increases default mining size to 4 blocks

Read more about this mod...

2. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

Just curious: Does it have to be square, or could you make it, say, 2x4..? Y'know, for balance or whatever...

3. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, it sadly does, the area is defined by a single value, the brickRadius.

But I am thinking about making a mod that makes it balanced in a way that you can upgrade to 4 brick radius, but I have to figure out the way I do it first.

PabloM likes this.
  4. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

5. Catnipbuddy

Catnipbuddy Space Spelunker

Didn't work for me.

6. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

any other mods you have installed? What exactly didn't work?

7. Catnipbuddy

I have quite alot other mods, but none of them would conflict. The square is still a 3x3 instead of a 4x4. And no, I did not put the whole zip file in. I put the folder inside the zipped file in.

8. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

Try making new tools. If that still doesn't work, try making a new world (though it should also work with an existing one normally). I guess it doesn't work for all the tools?

oh, and please check your starbound.log file if you can find any error messages regarding tools

9. Catnipbuddy

Ok, will try again and see if it works.

10. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Handy mod, nice job.

11. ichiban83

ichiban83 Intergalactic Tourist

hello i tried to install your mod but it seems to not work for me do u have any idea why? thx

12. angrboda_giantess

angrboda_giantess Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I get an error when I try to start the game. Something about "duplicate item name 'diamondpickaxe' found". I thought it could be one of the other mods I recently installed, but removing yours is what fixes the error so I assume it's this mod.

13. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

ye, I haven't worked on the mod since the last stable update, so it would actually surprise if it works!
    I might look into it tomorrow, but I have to evaluate if it's even worth to update cause I've no idea what the current tools are and if you can or can't upgrade them.

14. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

15. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Came across an issue with this mod. It doesn't just increase the mining size of my pickaxes, it also increases the matter manipulator to a 4x4 mining grid.

16. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

That's intended :)

17. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Oh, sorry. It's not mentioned in the mod description and the Matter Manipulator radius can be upgraded to a 4x4 grid by the endgame so I thought it was a bug.

18. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

oh, it can? I didn't knew that, I only found that the files for it all had 2x2 or 3x3 grid, so I changed it as well. Thanks for the report though :)

19. Granny789

Granny789 Void-Bound Voyager

My mater manipulator only does a 3x3. Did you change it since she told you about it? I'd really like a 4x4 on it but I guess I could wait for the game to advance to it.

20. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

No I didn't, but it might be that it didn't update correctly. Dunno tbh