HYPE TRAIN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by logster123, May 1, 2014.

1. logster123

logster123 Space Hobo

HYPE HYPE HYPE

A1Legged and Leth like this.
    • Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

CHOO CHOO!!! =D

• LaxNature

LaxNature Void-Bound Voyager

Reboot this train! The trailer is out! Chugga Chugga

Leth likes this.
        • Finn Learson

Finn Learson Lettuce Bring Peace!

Teh hype is live!

• Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

I've never played Wanderlust before.

Would this be a good one to start with? Do I need friends?

• d2king10

d2king10 Guest

First, great to see some new faces here!

Wanderlust Adventures (WA) is definitely the most refined and cohesive Wanderlust title in the series. We greatly improved the game using feedback we received from Wanderlust: Rebirth (WR).

With that said, WA will be the most solo-friendly of the titles because the open-world nature of the game allows players to travel to any location they are comfortable playing in. WR was not designed for solo play, but if you have some friends it could be a great way to get your feet wet with the combat in the Wanderlust series (however the combat HAS been improved in WA as well).

If you don't mind playing a less refined Wanderlust and have some friends, then WR could be a great option for you, but keep in mind WR and WA differ so much we don't even want to call WA a sequel (nearly everything has been redone). If you are on the fence, keep an eye out for Steam's Summer sale and snag a few WR copies, and even if you don't enjoy it, it will still unlock some extra character skins in WA!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Dynafols likes this.
              • Finn Learson

Finn Learson Lettuce Bring Peace!

Happy to be a new face here. The new trailer was pretty awesome by the way. I wouldn't mind watching streaming of the development process when you're online and I get the chance, to help with the HYPE!

Leth likes this.
                • Ashgan

Ashgan Subatomic Cosmonaut

uhm I'm sure its you guys but uhm on here its Wanderlust Adventures and on steam its Wanderlust Rebirth are they both one and the same or???

Edit: I should probably add I did zero research I'm just hoping for a quick answer from a kind individual =P

Double Edit: sorry re read some posts realized answer was there :zzz: please excuse my lazyness.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
                  • d2king10

d2king10 Guest

Hey, just to clarify, Wanderlust Adventures is a standalone game that will be released on Steam. Wanderlust Rebirth is a game based in the Wanderlust series, which launched on Steam a few years back that helped fund our next game, Wanderlust Adventures.

• FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

Leth tweets out when he streams so if you wanna be sure not to miss any follow his twitter.

A1Legged and Leth like this.
                      • A1Legged

A1Legged Void-Bound Voyager

All Aboard the HYPE TRAIN! WOOT WOOT!

• Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

I hadn't spared this title much tough untill I saw the trailer, I'm really looking forwards to this now :up:.
                          Quick question if anyone happens to know; Dev has confirmed that there will be an alpha/beta and the FAQ relays that release is estimated for fall 2014, is the estimated release for the full game or alpha/beta?

• A1Legged

A1Legged Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Zody, that would be when you're able to preorder the game and have beta access as the game will be going through bug fixes. I hope this Info helps!

FreshSheet likes this.
                            • FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

The alpha is already underway. There are a handful of selected testers who are testing the game in its current state to get it polished up to become a beta. The fall estimate is the beta release, where those who preorder the game will receive a beta key to be able to further test the game until its final release, where they will receive their full copy as they did already preorder.

• Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

Thanks for your answers :up:

• Panic AK

Panic AK Space Hobo

Followed a link from the Starbound Wiki, which I was just about to start playing. My hype level is at about 10,000%, because I just started playing Hammerwatch, and desperately craved a little more out of it, like loot, builds, leveling, and online. Meso hard now.

Leth likes this.
                                  • Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

*snip*

EDIT: Explained below...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
                                    • d2king10

d2king10 Guest

Wanderlust: Rebirth didn't have a virus, many anti-virus software will flag 39dll as a virus tool (a very common false flag). We have addressed this many times, you can read about it here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2856802

In short, WR didn't give you a virus, either you got it elsewhere or you over reacted to a false-flag triggered by your antivirus software.

Juice Box likes this.
                                      • Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Well, thats interesting. Wish Id known that back then. Oh well.

• Genghis Ken

Genghis Ken Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait to play this.

LaxNature and Leth like this.