1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Gallavoir: Gardevoir/Gallade in Starbound

Discussion in 'Races' started by Mackinz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I'm not at my computer at the moment, but I'll see what I can do.

2. Azelsoras

Azelsoras Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks. I really appreciate it.
    I really like Gardevoir (not in a pervy way), ever since I first saw a Ralts in my first Pokémon game, Ruby Version. And this is my big chance to actually PLAY as one, so of course I'm gonna take it.

3. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Hooray, another person who doesn't like Gardevoir/Gallade in a creepy way!

4. Mackinz

If I may ask, what exactly happens when you click the mediafire link in the OP?

That makes three of us. I have a distaste for art which portrays Gardevoir with breasts as well.

5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Same.
    Gardevoir can be male and female. The actual artwork does not have tits. Why don't people realize this
    oh right people want to have weird sexual fantasies

Azelsoras and Mackinz like this.
  6. Azelsoras

Petty much the main problem is ads literally cover the whole screen, to the point where the ads are the only things I can click. And it's only Mediafire, no other ad-supported site that I use has this problem.
    Odd, considering Mediafire hasn't had any problems in the past...

7. Mackinz

Hmm... First suggestion is to temporarily install Adblock. I haven't paid much attention to ads since I did that (only removed a filter on YouTube because content producers on there make money based of ad views).

Second, try clicking on this. It is a temporary download link, apparently.

8. Azelsoras

Well... I installed Adblock, but...
    The spaces where the ads used to be? Still blocking off everything. Only now they're plain gray rectangles...

EDIT: Oh, wait, just got it. :D Thanks, Mackinz, thanks so much.

9. Mackinz

No problem! Adblock is a must have.

10. Azelsoras

Yeah, it just took a minute to work.

Now, you said you were looking for spriters...?

11. Mackinz

Kinda, yeah. I can do pixel art, but I'm not necessarily that good at it, if you know what I mean. In order to flesh out the Gallavoir race, I'll need to make various furniture and such. Clothes too.

I don't have much spriting need at the moment, but it will come...

12. Azelsoras

I can try and sprite a couple of things. I wouldn't say I'm a master of it, but I'm told on devianART that my sprites are pretty good.

Consider my profile pic here as indicatve of my abilities. (yes, I made it myself)
    <-------

13. Mackinz

As I've said before, I am currently working on starter clothing for the races. Here is my reference image:

[​IMG]

How about trying to make one of these outfits into a Starbound-y sprite?

14. Azelsoras

Hmm... I'll give it a shot

Are the Gallavoir sprites accessible separately from the game? I'd like to have one to use so I can get the shape of the clothes right.

15. Mackinz

The shape isn't too important for some of those clothes. But I did upload a sprite from the game on the first page... I can make one for each posture, if you'd like.

16. Azelsoras

It's not that I'm gonna make then form-fitting, but I do need the general bodyshape so I know what my clothing size limits are. Don't want to make it really really baggy-looking, but I don't want it to look like the Hulk busting out of his shirt either... :rofl:

17. Mackinz

In that case... The Gallavoir bodytype is pretty much humanoid with modifications to the waist to help it better emulate the originals. I'll upload some stuff in a sec, so watch for an edit.

The Female bodytype is akin to that of Gardevoir, and the male of Gallade.

FemaleGallavoir.png MaleGallavoir.png
    (Note: This is not exactly how they look in-game with the current release of the mod, but this is what they will look like)

Not much else to say, really... I am also including the current body sprites for your use. You can compare them to vanilla Starbound assets if you'd like.

Attached Files:

18. Azelsoras

Alright, thanks. Lemme see what I can do.

Do these all assume the character they belong too is facing to the right?

19. Mackinz

In-game, the base is right-facing and the sprites are inverted horizontally when facing the other direction.

This limitation led to a funny image of what would happen if RyuujinZERO added a monocle to the Avali race mod:

[​IMG]

20. Azelsoras

Which is funny because they can keep the weapon in the same hand when the character turns. Might not be the same principle, but the idea is similar, I believe.

Avali are so adorable. They have to be my favorite race besides your Gallavoir race. :D