Plants

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Irrelephant, Feb 27, 2012.

?

Do you want plants to be generated like gears/weapons?

1. YES!

128 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. T.A.W.A.M

T.A.W.A.M Subatomic Cosmonaut

I LOVE growing plants! *Turns Away* *whisper* "Soon my darlings, soon I will feed you the world!"

xboy777 and Irrelephant like this.
  2. Irrelephant

Irrelephant Big Damn Hero

I
    Even if you can't see it, that is at the bottom of my signature

3. blacksmithgu

blacksmithgu Industrial Terraformer

Good idea, if nothing else the color hues and growing habits may be randomized.

4. grimness

grimness Phantasmal Quasar

give the plants certain values that get calculated when 'brewing'

for example, if a plant has nearly no values exept acting as a good antidote, by adding a plant with healing properties you would get a potion that heals AND cures poison.

basicly, effect + effect = both effects

mabye adding a poison with an antidote plant would give you immunity from said poison for a certin amount of time..

Irrelephant likes this.
  5. Kilo

Kilo Pangalactic Porcupine

PLANTS. PLANTS EVERYWHERE. 8 D I love this idea!

6. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

Great idea! I would love to see the same with trees.

Or a system where some plants overgrowing other ones, so if you bring a plant from a certain planet to another one theres a chance this one will kill all other plants and overgrow the entire planet.

7. Irrelephant

I was thinking this applies to trees as well

Fleder likes this.
  8. Irrelephant

I love how this still gets attention after all this time :D

9. Reynbowz

Reynbowz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ever since I took an environmental biology class a year ago, I've found plants to be so cool. Even just things like different kinds of moss and ferns and trees.
    I see these as having a really fun use as clothing materials and dyes! Would really add even more to the character customization, and give you more reasons to try a little horticulture. :p

xboy777 likes this.
  10. Irrelephant

That basically describes me!

11. wallespider56

wallespider56 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think with the whole poison thing could also be implemented onto your sword or bullets so that when you hit someone they get poisoned.:poptop:

12. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

The Mendeleev system would be very good, as it is very simple, yet allows for almost everything to happen as it is.

But, you would have to be very careful with how things mix. Certain things would of course have to dilute and sometimes even completely cancel out others.
    (Ex. You can't mix a plant's sap that burns things with a plant's sap that freezes things. Well, You could, But all you would get is some sort of useless goop. :rofl:)
    That would prevent superpotions from being created, like, if they didnt dilute eachother, someone could take a Level 5 healing plant, a Level 5 armor + plant, a level 5 Resistance plant, ETC ETC ETC ETC and have a godly invulnerability potion, Whereas those ingredients may not be that hard to find.

13. Irrelephant

Exactly what I was thinking, ya.
    I was thinking some kind of simple Mendeleev system, but I really like the super effects cancelling each other out. Or maybe it that combination is possible, but it fizzles out except for very rarely.

14. TheDarkman123

TheDarkman123 Orbital Explorer

Gun of Grass Shoots Grass Bullets. Grass Bomb. Bio Working Robots that use Bio Plant. Armor of Grass. Bio Gun. acid Plant Lava Plant Bio Plant Blood Plant Dark Plant. and bio nuke

Irrelephant likes this.
  15. Irrelephant

good ideas