1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Gallavoir: Gardevoir/Gallade in Starbound

Discussion in 'Races' started by Mackinz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Not really sure, really not really sure... it just seems awkward that they added a male counterpart afterwarts and still keep the regular ones in a 50/50 ratio... its confusing...

Not thinking that "males" should look like... well lets say they do not require to have certain attributes like an "astral body" or however you call it. You know what I mean... muscles and that. Why should I set ideals which I cannot fullfill my own, but well its confusing and stitches in my head that there are now 2 kinds of them where both can be male. No Gallades wouldnt be an issue at all. But having both is extremly weird. Though female Gallades would be interesting to have hehe

2. Ochiru Yuki

Ochiru Yuki Existential Complex

Well i might as well give ya a medal! I didnt know you actually made the mod, no affiance but congratulation!
    gonna play it and see how it fairs.

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

So... I'm working on the starter clothes today, and I need people's opinions on something:

Should these clothes be inter-racial (as in, every vanilla race can weat it without clipping), or should these clothes be tailored to the Gallavoir only (to hell with the worries about clipping!)?

I ask this because, obviously, the Gallavoir do not have the exact same body shape as other races. Females especially.

What are your thoughts, people?

4. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Just found this mod, wanted to share my thoughts on this:
    Making them cross-species compatible would be a good idea, but depending on the style of clothes, you could actually make them 100% for the Gallavoir, but still wearable by other races (IE really baggy clothing)
    Just my thoughts.

5. Mackinz

This is my reference image:

[​IMG]

While I could see baggy clothing for some of them, others are more form fitting, leading to the question.

6. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Hm...maybe a mixture? Have some baggy clothing options that fit pan-race while still being good for the Gallavoir, and some form-fitting only? After all, you don't need a single starter outfit.

7. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Not going to say I've foreseen this, but...
    Like minds are also just as awesome?

n00b3rpwn4g3 and Mackinz like this.
  8. Mackinz

All of my yes.

Chocolate Truffles will now be worked on.

n00b3rpwn4g3 likes this.
  9. Musetrigger

So that's my seal of approval. I'll be waiting for suture updates.

10. Mackinz

Hopefully, the mod will never get to the point where it needs suturing, but I appreciate the sentiment without the typo. c:

By the way, any chance you could update the comic so that the Gardevoir's horn is a bit less pronounced on its chest? To tie in with better with the mod? I could make some codex entries about that meetup.

11. Musetrigger

Nah. Well, maybe. It depends if I personally think it's worth it.

It's just an art style. Besides, I can always change it in another comic or whatever.

12. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Once the new SB update is out Illustrationen Yeah ILLUSTRATIONEN, thats what I wanted to say autocorrect... definitly play as Gallade ^^

Well yeah lets try again:

Once the new SB update is out I'll definitly play as a gallade.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    Mackinz likes this.
  13. Ochiru Yuki

Ochiru Yuki Existential Complex

Well, just played the mod and seems you did a really good job! Even looks like you got more things in then i did!
    Keep up the good work man!

Mackinz likes this.
  14. Mackinz

So, I did some brainstorming today and my mind would NOT drift away from Psychonauts. I swear...

Anyway, I thought about the technology that would be necessary for the Gallavoir to integrate latent psychic abilities into useable weapons and such.

My first thought was something which I refer to as a Psi-Crystal. These crystals would be an integral component in all Gallavoir weapons which utilize energy. Small crystals which have a variety of colors, which vary based on elemental affiliation (Lavender, Dark Purple, Orange, Yellow, Green, etc.). Used to concentrate psychic energy into useable projectiles. WIP lore on these would involve that nice guy Apex (in the Gallavoir backstory) studying the exposed mineral deposits on the surface of the Gallavoir home world. Crafting these would not be possible as the chemical makeup would be hard to replicate with chemical reactions and catalysts and all that, but the 3D Printer has no such qualms making mass producing these easy provided you have the pixels to convert. There will be quite a few weapon variants with different intakes of these crystals.

Next is (obviously) Psitanium, Titanium imbued with psychic energy. I imagine these acting as a psychic battery of sorts, storing psychic energy in a solid form. Obviously derived from Titanium, and will likely need some form of "imbuing station" to translate Titanium into Psitanium. Will be used as a base for what will be Gallavoir weapons starting at Tier 3.

"Psychic energy", as I refer to it as, would be a type of kinetic energy that can be easily manipulated provided the right equipment (like, say, evolutionary selection of traits). All creatures have it, but few can access it (circumventing compatibility issues with Gallavoir weapons and non-Gallavoir races).

That's all I have for now. Sprites maybe soon.

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I assume that the Psi-Crystals and such will be used to make the soon-to-be-released Psi Staffs, right? Or would they be used in almost every weapon, and no craftable Psi-Staffs (Provided they aren't craftable with base races) would be included?

16. Mackinz

The "psi-staffs" are vanilla so I don't see a reason from then to use my mods resources to make them.

17. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

By that, I mean if Psi-Staffs would not be craftable (Think guns) by vanilla races, would you include possible recipes for Psi-staffs, using the Psi-crystals? Or would they remain exclusively for other weaponry?

18. Mackinz

The so-called "Psi-staffs" are technology used emulate psychic abilities. Gallavoir technology amplifies existing psychic abilities. I do not think I will be making recipes.

19. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Makes sense, was just wondering about it.

20. Azelsoras

Azelsoras Void-Bound Voyager

I don't mean to bother you, but could I ask you if you can provide a different download link for the Gallavoir?
    Mediafire isn't working properly for me, and nothing I do is fixing the problem.