1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kemono Race Mod 1.5

New race and over 50 hairstayles.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Assuming when you say "the full create screen", you mean one with more than six species buttons, counting empty ones, you may have installed the speceis mods wrong.

2. Jazzy Jasper

Jazzy Jasper Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I went the the IRC chat and they told me the Kemono race needed to have a file made for it for it to work properly. that was the difference between it and the other two mod races I had previously installed. they came with their own folder. Kemono didn't; now I have the race select able and it works fine now.

3. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

The race's amazing, you even made some facial expressions for them (something which I constantly see missing from other race mods).

4. StrikerTheHedgefox

StrikerTheHedgefox Void-Bound Voyager

The matter manipulators do not have any graphics in-hand. This is due to the paths being incorrect in their definition files. Ie: "image" : "/humanoid/ningen/nrmgravgun1.png", should be "image" : "/humanoid/kemono/nrmgravgun1.png", You also cannot drop them, nor can you trash them... leaving you with duplicates if you accidentally buy more than one.

The Creator of Ningen object/merchant doesn't allow you to buy items from her as other races, making it kind of a letdown for multiplayer.

5. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What do you mean by that? What needs to be done to make it work, share this great information with the world please.

6. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Has anyone found a solution to the issue with the mod not working? I have heard someone mention a file that it needs, but they didn't say what was missing...they just said "file.". I really want to use this mod, but am getting nowhere trying to get it to work.

7. SweFox

SweFox Guest

So the mod has died?

8. Revenile

Revenile Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know what the situation is on the mod creator, but I am still in the process of fine tuning the lore I've been personally establishing for them. In the end I hope to have unique lore books, and item descriptions for all the vanilla items in the game, though with my current school schedule, and the fact I can be lazy, it's going to be a while yet, especially since it seems like at least with the first set of Starbound versions a tweak had to be made in the base information tile for the race to say that this works with this version, making upkeep on just getting the current version of the mod to work when a new version of the game came out a hassle, haven't messed with Starbound for about a month so I don't know if this is still the case.

9. ODABUTSU

ODABUTSU Subatomic Cosmonaut

sorry I had to made other work for a while. I'm back now for starbound. So next update is not big update but add some clothes.
    Also, Kemono mod is plans to consolidate with Ningen mod. Nothing is set in stone but perhaps package in all my mod.

10. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Q: Does this race yet have a custom respawn animation and/or a custom ship? And, if not, are there any plans to add these down the road?

Granted, one could easily substitute a ship mod to have a "custom" ship. But I think having a more-or-less unique respawn animation "makes" a race more polished.

11. ODABUTSU

ODABUTSU Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, I intend to make discrete the custom ship. And I'll make respawn animation but I don't know when it will be yet.

12. Revenile

Odabutsu, if you have any input on what you'd like the basic history for the race to be, I'll be happy to use it while writing the lore for the race in English for you. It's your race, so it's only fair you get the say on what the general idea is. As much as my 'the race has a love for exploring planets, but most of their technology is adapted from the other races" has helped while playing the game keep the race unique, I wouldn't want to hurt your vision of what the race is.

13. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure if the item descriptions and dialog from the Nothing mod would fit with what you are envisioning for the Kemono Race. However, it is simultaneously both extremely philosophical and very funny. :rofl: Also, the mod author seems to have given full consent to use their mod and mod assets - no permission needed, even.

14. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Minor quibble, but I have actually not been downloading this for the longest time because I didn't think the tails were fluffy-looking enough. :T

I know, I'm too picky, but maybe at some point in the future that can be an option? :lickitung:

15. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

If you want fluffy tails, there's always the Vulpes mod; it hasn't updated since February, but what's there is functional-enough for my needs, at least. I suspect fluffy tails aren't really an option for Kemono mod, not without adding another race specifically for having fluffy tails. I'm not an expert, but I don't think the systems in place have room to allow for customisable tails as well as ears.

Although, a "Fluffy Kemono" race alongside Kemono and Ningen in the same package might work...

16. Revenile

I actually have an alteration to the Kemono race made (and posted earlier in the forum) that gives fluffy tails to the race, since the base body sprites don't change the file has worked throughout each update.
    heres an example [​IMG]

17. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Love it.

18. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

this is awesome it reminds me of dust an eleysian tail:)

19. RedRythem

RedRythem Aquatic Astronaut

i absolutly love this mod , my favorite race and current character tho i need to ask , when will this be able to be used for multiplayer ?

thunderskull833 likes this.
  20. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

i love this mod to i love the custom items and stuff it is my favorite race mod along with the novakid+ mod