1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: Reni's Armory (Discontinued) v1.5.1 Spirited Giraffe

Add Another Set of Unique Equipment to your collection.

1. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

Some objects are using the deprecated "interactable" object type:
    armoryprinter.object
    armoryprinterwall.object
    cmhs.object
    ragallery.object
    reforgeprinter.object

It doesn't cause errors as such, but it does mean the server logfile gets spammed with warnings. The entire line should be removed for anything but loungeables.

2. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

3. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

this should be >the solution you seek< though i wasn't aware that it posed some kind of problem for servers, but this minor patch should fix that.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  4. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

for those possibly interested, the Mods themed "mascot character" Reni, can now be found inside the starbound network, Here <-, be sure to keep an eye out for him from time to time.
    questions for this mod can be answered here, or feel free to post a comment or message to ether one of us and we will get back to you when possible.

RenTek: Reni likes this.
  5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm going to work on that cryo cannon now, convinently the slow status effect is a really good base for the effect, it already has the proper effects for freezing. I am probably going to change the projectile to a ball of ice or snow and make it fired out of a big cannon like a bow.

I guess an ideal sprite would be an ice chucker meets rocket launcher with a 5-6 frame (I have an idea for a crit shot) charge meter on it.

6. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

If you want I can do a gas projectile sprite. Flamethrower meets nitrogen type look.

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I already got a projectile, big hunk of cold icey gel. What I need is something that looks like this:
    icechucker.png
    But turned into a very beefy grenade launcher that can hurl out a projectile out the size of this:
    hail1.png

8. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

Gonna stop hijacking this thread now. PMing from this point unless quoted here.

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I got the gun mostly done, the base bit is a lot like the buster but it fires ice chunk grenades instead. Now all I need to do is get someone else with the weapon content to go on a server with me so I can test fire it on them... Not sure if I want to turn the private avali server into my test platform or not.

10. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

So @Dilrax here's a very basic mockup of how the thing would work, Basically it fires a hunk of ice that deals a good bit of damage and slows the target. For players (and just maybe npcs, untested) it drains their energy and chills them. I'm conflicted on whether to make it ice based or make it a sort of dead space ish stasis gel glob that would possibly make flying targets levitate in mid air (this is fairly possible). Right now it's basically an ice bow that has a normal shot that slows targets and the charged shot freezes them in place.

I tried to do a demo of the weapon but I ran into this issue:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  11. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

the dead space cryo gell idea sounds like a better visual idea/story for the weapon, but knowing the stasis power in dead space it makes me want to see it in tech form too, ahhhahahaha, but you could always take it ether you could end up making a couple sets out of this, small one hand version = little damage, longer timer, big two hand = higher damage, shorter timer, just a thought, it would also allow you to play around with its possibility's more...

12. RenTek: Reni

RenTek: Reni Phantasmal Quasar

Question 1,
    Hunting gun? an idea we never thought about actually, i'll get Dilrax to go mark it down on the white board as something to look into.

Questions 2/4,
    to answer questions 2 & 4, we have looked into vanity outfits and armor though only after we returned from a long break due to technical problems, we can Avali like gear, but it wont Exactly be Avali Type, as we dont want to push or kick any current boundrys so we were thinking of a sort of Human/Avali like fusion giving equipment both ether features or the feel of both race's, we recently designed a successful Test version of one a possible helmet.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    as you can see in the photo projection we captured, i am wearing this test helmet and it quite clearly blends in and works with the Avali armor i ordered in from some time ago, this test design was based of the human Pioneer helm but to give it an Avali touch, we kinda ended up with a more Avali looking less human design in the result, but it fits and works well enough as a test, were not sure when we will release armor and vanity items but the plan is to end up doing so at a later date when we make some.

Question 3,
    we plan to make it a sort of dungeon you might be able to randomly find somewhere, but if that fails we will end up giving out the planetary navigation data for you to install into your ship hard drives making it a unique pre-built location and not a randomly generated/found dungeon, this will take some time to do as we still have a few current projects to finish and i have been thinking of adding a few new decorative items only found in the lab.

Question 5,
    were aware of that, for the long while it was mostly Dilrax building the internal weapon systems and i was off learning the trade more, we know of these minor issues with the weapons and how they function and have been doing what we can to improve, though when we gave the first set of weapons, Ion Cannon and Nova Grenade launcher's excluded, new designs, some new problems appeared, but we have been making minor changes to fix this while working on the current projects, the Ion cannon is a good example due to the recent modification to the hole projectile system, though bigger and longer it works nicer but shoots the same at first, we know the weapons are not perfect but were happy with how they currently operate and were not done with modifying them yet. ^^
    ___
    this is a bit longer then i hoped but i hope it helps.
    ~Reni.

13. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Had a... bit of an issue testing the cryogel cannon today, something caused the thing to jam, spraying ME with the stuff...
    Remind me not to work on this thing when I'm tired, then again that comes with the territory of insomnia, still feeling sluggish, and I plan to hire a glitch to do the handling of the gun for test firing for the time being.

14. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

just a little reminder of a note posted on the main page:
    but yeah we understand the problem with the hitboxes of the guns and how they fire... its been a long time but were still dumbfounded by the original first created vulcan and its invisible bullets, a sad tale that one is, haha but we try to fix and upgrade what we can to better standards.

i cant remember the number to times reni set his feathers ablaze, that or the lab, even got my tail once, but if it works you on the right path... even if it self inflicts at first...

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

That sounds a lot like how a few have described me...
    Maybe we have a bit more than looks in common, who knows?
    [​IMG]
    By the way, the gun I'm holding made that hole, in 20 seconds. Heh.

16. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

all avali look relatively the same in the face to me, but its the personality difference's that are the most visible.

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Note edit made to post you quoted. And that first bit is mildly offending...

18. RenTek: Reni

RenTek: Reni Phantasmal Quasar

that happened once... and you didn't even notice it until 15 mins later... wait... your fur is kinda fire proof, im using some in the planned armor tests...

My feathery friend, you just game me an idea...

Marxon likes this.
  19. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

yeah i get that, ^^; not that i meant it to be that way, i mean, give reni say a flame thrower and you would be keeping a wall or two if not distance between ya's at all time...
    and another tiny moon planet may perhaps be doomed once again...

20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Oooh I like the sound of that.