The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myifee

Myifee Guest

It's quiet.... TOO quiet....

So let's ramp it up with a theme from BlazBlue that I cannot get out of my head:

2. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

it's always quiet this time around(and also happens to be mid day on my time zone)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  3. Mc Fow1er

Mc Fow1er Pangalactic Porcupine

So little chat traffic on here right now and now I'm thinking "WTF HAPPENED TO ALL THE USERS THAT WERE ON THE AVALI MOD DISCUSSION?!?!?!? :wtf::seriously::lod:D:"

4. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

I say A. It feels less...
    exposed.

I dunno. I'm not a weapons expert so there's that.
    snipe.png
    I did a quick thing to it.

5. Myifee

Myifee Guest

TOMORROW

There will be art. even if I have to work all day at it

6. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

But you left out his armor! That exoskeletal frame is a huge part of how you hold the rifle steady for those 10+ kilometer shots. Don't even get me started on how important the scarf is...

Seriously though, good job. Though the lack of armor does both me a little.

I've browsed Deviantart enough to be a little disturbed by people who draw nearly-naked individuals holding rifles. I don't want my character to be the next victim of the Shipping Wars.

7. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Oh come on you baby, avali are never truly naked (except in 1 scenario that I don't want to bring up). They've got rather decorative feathers that would pass as clothing to most other races.

8. J_Mourne

Like it'll matter if someone gets that daft idea into their head. Never hurts to take precautions.

And there's no precautions like thirty-five kilograms of precision servos, state-of-the-art composite armor, and artificial muscle force amplification mechanisms.

9. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Well, they're still technically not naked, so yeah.

10. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

The amount of want to see is noticeable right now.
    Ah, so that's what that lighter area thing was.
    Also I didn't realize until now that the red was part of the scarf, and not the rifle itself.
    Oh well.
    It was meant more as a "Do something today" rather than a "Make that picture awesome" kind of thing.
    If I ever get another sudden urge to draw-ify something and you happen to be in its sights then I'll be sure to remember the armor. And the scarf.
    Also should I be glad that I am completely oblivious to what you mean about almost-naked characters holding rifles?
    Well, either way, it was fun.

11. J_Mourne

Yeah, it's okay. I know the armor blends into his feathers a bit, but I wanted to imply camouflage without doing plain white. And unless you were using the original, plain image of the rifle, there's no good way to tell that it was a scarf.

But it does look pretty awesome, especially given that it was just a momentary urge.

And yes, be happy. Some people seem to have fetishes for comically-proportioned, uncomfortably-clad females holding high-caliber, armor-piercing anti-materiel weapons.
    But mostly I was just joking about your drawing being the Avali version: handsome young male Avali wearing no armor and aiming a rifle..

12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Helloooooo Clan of Avalon! ( i just got here so im not very familiar with Avali names and so ) or Nexussss!

just jumping to the feathery ship! :p also meet my Avali Firfot! I am extremely happy with this race's aesthetics/culture/art/etc etc but i feel in the perpetual Teufelskreiz of perfectionism which forces me to seek help... is there anything i could improve in my character? i started Firfot today so i havent gotten very far into the tech tiers, i love the weapons and how they look with my current outfit, but i could always use another set! :3

also about the picture <.< Firfot's and his ex-friend Bone-chimes (in an attempt to rebuild his pack) were arguing about Tent sizes until the discussion got rather "heated" ... long story short Bone-chimes is now taking a well deserved break... with the fishes.

Firfot meets dragon.png

13. Mc Fow1er

Welcome to the Nexus dude ^^,

Corraidhín likes this.
  14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ty ty ^_^ seems like a pretty place thus far!

15. Mc Fow1er

The avali race is something really jsut amazing you should go over to the wiki and see what I mean just look at every thing

Corraidhín likes this.
  16. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Would it not be a better idea to perhaps link to the forum posts? That way there's not a ton of text to scroll through.

17. J_Mourne

That's a possibility, definitely, but I didn't particularly want to have to look for everyone's posts. Including my own.

But if everyone would rather just include the title and a link, we can do that instead. Thoughts?

18. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

It's always quiet when I wake up.

19. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I just went and grabbed a link to the first part of my story, so it's no big deal on my end. I'll keep an eye out for future fic posts and keep that page up-to-date, if you want; you've got enough on your plate dealing with the (fan)art page.

Also, here's a link to Isolation Trial, I found it for you via the magic of the search function. Seached for posts by you that contained the word "isolation", wasn't exactly hard ;P

20. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

ohhh i did! :D they are a world of their own! i specially loved the nomadic/technological/highly visual and auditory aspects of the race!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.