The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

It's hard to keep track of everything when you are releasing a lot of things at once, you know.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Pfft, at least I don't leave all my testing items in the starter treasurepool like some other modders *cough*djinn*cough*

(I did add over 30 new items this update :p)

Marxon likes this.
  3. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ryuujin had stated a while back that he wanted to add some "larger than life" plumage styles, so that's what I was shooting for when I designed those. (Although none of them are "new", per se. They were posted here and here in the previous mod topic.)

Lol, you would. :p

4. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

And I did!
    *throws more sand at legoracer's face*

5. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright, just one more quick question to make your life difficult.
    avalicuttingboard.png
    The food prep tables currently stand one block tall. The sprite in the mod files, as seen above, stands two blocks tall. The lower half of the sprite files doesn't appear when placed in-game. Change in development, or just something that slipped through?

EDIT: Icebelly took a closer look at the problem than I did, and it seems the portion the game is sampling for the sprite is different than the actual location of the art.
    EDIT2: No rush to get this fixed. It's hardly gamebreaking or worth you wasting the rest of your evening on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  6. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

So there's a glitch regarding dyed cullinary stations.
    Ninja'd on this thread.
    Derp.

Marxon likes this.
  7. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I just took a new look at the wiki. Ryu, you made mods for Freelancer, and Neverwinter Nights? Why have I not built a shrine to you yet?

8. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Update! Yes! An excellent way to waste my time instead of studying for satanic EOCT's!
    (seriously though, the math EOCT is fucking evil. Only 37% of my entire state passed it...thankfully I got an 87, but that's still pretty shitty)

Marxon likes this.
  9. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

Nice backstory and pic

10. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Yes... I know... I was popping a not-so-funny joke.

11. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

No, they hold snowball fights in the colder regions of Earth. It's non-lethal, in case you were wondering0.

12. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

10 pages, yeah no, I think I'll pass on reading all that

13. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

You might learn a few tricks from Wall of Steel the Almighty Reader.

14. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Personally, I'm fine at reading this sort of thing.

also o/ surge and o/ update

15. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Many many fixes!

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Just uploaded another minor revision that formally encompasses all the current minor issues; the frames for the culinary station and the broken or missing recipes. That should cover everything important, for now - not much good making a content update if half the content is inaccessible.

17. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Okay, at the behest of Ice and Jet (mostly Jet :p), I'm uploading this. Once again, if you don't like cuddles, or like cuddles and are allergic to them, don't look:

[​IMG]

18. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

quick, somebody color them as reks and ice

19. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I take it you aren't familiar with Avali biology, then.

I was trying to imply that, due to the Avali's biology, the snow would not melt on contact and would thus behave as an irritant, much like fine sand. (For them, ice is analogous to rock and snow is analogous to sand.)
    Whether or not they have something on their planet* that is analogous to Earth snow (something that has a lower melting point than an Avali's body temperature) is yet to be seen.

(Also, take a look around the official wiki. Lots of helpful info there.)

*The Avali's home "planet" is actually a moon that orbits a gas giant.

20. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

That is absurdly cute, and they don't have to even try.
    ...as funny as that'd be, I think the Reks/Ice thing is starting to overstay its welcome.
    I did some research while writing my story on that subject. I couldn't find much information, but it sounds like ammonia can form into snow. But since it shrinks as it freezes, it's not light and fluffy snow, but pretty dense stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.