The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, Ryuu, just curious - I've made a mini-mod of sorts out of some of the avali spritework as well as modifying vanilla resources to do the following:

• recolour the ship locker, teleporter, and fuel hatch to be orange and silver rather than blue and silver
    • adapt the warp in/warp out animations to conform to avali anatomy
    • ditto with the mannequins
    Would you be cool with me posting a download link for that in the thread? Figured I'd ask, since people seemed to show interest when I mentioned such shenanigans before. I won't be uploading it to the actual site as a mod, I figured I'd just whack it into my signature or something...

Marxon likes this.
  2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Sure thing ^^ - i planned to create something like that in future anyway as an optional add on, obviously it can't be made a core feature as those sprites would mess with non-avali players

3. Sparrows

Alrighty then, I'll clean it up a notch, throw it in my signature. Nothing fancy, I'll take it down if you do actually make it as a proper add-on at some point :)

This reminds me, I really need to stick Jasura and Reni's in-game appearances into my signature like all the cool kids have done!

4. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

This reminds me, DO AVALI HOLD SNOWBALL FIGHTS?!

MrMadmanx2 likes this.
  5. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, let's see... do humans hold sandball fights? :p

6. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I do!
    *throws sand at legoracer's face*

7. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Excellent, excellent! Cargo crate is great, but I only saw one size in the crafting menu. Are they tier-locked or something?

I thought the cooker looked a little weird at first, but then I realized it was supposed to interlock with the food preparation counter. Here's some attractive options I found.
    2014-04-25_00002.jpg 2014-04-25_00003.jpg 2014-04-25_00004.jpg 2014-04-25_00005.jpg

8. Sparrows

Unofficial Avali Add-on is go! Go download it, but only if you play exclusively as our superior Avalon overlords or are willing to swap out mod folders when you play another race!

9. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

It doesn't explain much, does it?

10. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Cheers!

Didn't much care for the locker rework (just removed the files for that), but the teleport and mannequin changes are excellent.

11. Sparrows

I thought I explained things in the readme. Did it not get included in the zip file?

12. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

No, I mean someone who doesn't know what it is is going to be confused and not download it.

13. Sparrows

Oh. Well, in that case, how 'bout you try and condense the three changes the mod makes into one sentence? Because I kept trying to do that and I couldn't manage it, which is why there's no snappy subtitle on the link... :C

14. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Try spoilers.
    And find a name for it.

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Minor update incoming, fixes a few missing recipes.

16. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

Makes ship locker, teleporter, fuel hatch, warp animations and mannequins 200% more Avali.
    How's that? And then you link the word Avali to the avali mod.

17. Sparrows

I like it, let's go with that!

18. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Wait a second, this is the lore thread.

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Bah another missing recipe.

I made a transparent fix, just re-download the mod, only a handful people have downloaded it, save posting another full update for 1 recipe.

20. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Do all popular mod makers constantly forget recipes? (cough cough Djinn) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.