The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

While I was gone, stuff happened, also a stripe beauty contest.
    The thread is just fine!

2. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Originally gonna ask this to the Peglaci thread, but with the creator out of town (and the fact I wanna know this for Avali too :p ) I figure'd I'd drop it here as well.

Would it be a Avali sorta thing to do to name specific things/items after important figures on Avalon, ala the like of humans naming ships/bases/etc after important humans in history, or would that be seen as some sort of insult to the person's memory?

3. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well then...

Don't know if you want these, but I'll toss 'em out here just in case. (Made a couple small changes to the first two styles.)
    avali_hair13.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Been a while since the last hairstyle showing, Mr Legoracer. Very.... Wild styles you've got there.

5. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Also, random thing of question: is it known that some stuff seems not to work with dying? :S

I did a mass purpling of pretty much every Avali cosmetic I had (I waited on weapons, as some of them weren't directional yet), and the Chimed Wraps, Trimmed Wraps, and Dignitary/Diplomat/Emissary set didn't change to nice colors :S

6. Ruti

Ruti Big Damn Hero

I recall one of the lore entries mentioning that the Avali-Avain relations are affected by the Kluex hatred for these upstart heathens who can fly.

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Says mister manly colorful. :)

Good morning world... BRB I need to grab my morning cut of tea.

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Brutal honesty, I like it!

J_Mourne and MrMadmanx2 like this.
  9. Mc Fow1er

Mc Fow1er Pangalactic Porcupine

Well someone sounds like their in a heavenly mood this morning :mwahaha::DD;)

Marxon likes this.
  10. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm loving this image right here, but also a bit scared...
    [​IMG]
    I've got 3x as much of that in ore! Where am I gonna put all of it? WHY WON'T ANYONE USE IT!?

its basically free materials people, but there's just so darn much, at least resources aren't running scarce

0deneb0 likes this.
  11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Heh, for once...

Anyways. judging by all that metal, there's also a crapload of ore I'll be spending the next hour smelting.

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

13. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Yeah completely different art style...
    BRB, something's in my throat...

15. Mc Fow1er

Mc Fow1er Pangalactic Porcupine

Of all things that are possible with old stuff from the 90s this is the coolest thing I have ever seen:

Shaadaris, RyuujinZERO and Marxon like this.
  16. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

^

Marxon likes this.
  18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I originally intended for them to just be gliders, as in they were on their way to developing flight, with selection pressure having worked to advance their feathery insulation into something suitable for gliding when making pouncing attacks (Remember their preferred ambush strategy is to lure prey into position where they can leap onto it from above; similar to how it's thought birds evolved from theropod dinosaurs.).

HOWEVER more recently, I saw some navel gazing notes written by a engineer who'd done the maths, and he calculated that if humans were to strap on icarus style wings and flap their arms on titan, they'd be able to fly (granted not for too long or they'd get tired) - titan of course having similar gravity and atmospheric density to avalon. If a human, with makeshift wings can fly on titan, then the avali with their natural, fully evolved wings, and low-mass adaptations would be actual fliers, at least in low grav conditions

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

got whatever it was out when i coughed into the can, bit of blood came with it

I'm actually doing ok for once in the morning.

20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Well then for high grav worlds I'll just have to get used to a rocket pack, scorching hot exhaust would be an issue perhaps.

That would be amusing, seeing rocket propelled avali zooming about on all kinds of planets.

Shaadaris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.