The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes, early on I had pondered adding turbine props (and may yet still). The strong and reliable winds make wind power very reliable there; still even a good wind turbine array doesn't come close to a fusion generator.

Hydrogen makes up most the non-dark matter mass of the universe and by proxy tritium and deutrium are not hard to find, there's no shortage of places or means they could obtain it, just in large quantities, easily... let's just chalk it up to space magic for now rather than committing. Remember most the surface is water ice. ;) - however atmospheric scoops off their parent planet seem like a good option and has fun narrative value.

("What do you do for a living?" - "We fly through storms in the upper atmosphere of a gas giant!")

Quite high. Once isolated from the FTL comms network (ie their parent ship is damaged, left them behind, or colony comm array is damaged) the captive wouldn't be able to raise any kind of alarm or relay their location, though neither would they be able to interface with the nexus. Nonetheless a race like the Apex would certainly be very interested, in fact such a situation had arisen in the incomplete sequel to Whom Gods Destroy

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Perfectly valid point.

3. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Now that collars R.I.P, I have decided to change my signature.
    So no sticky collars. You can thank me later!

...I just realized it is missing antennae, and I cannot edit it because the files are all fucked up for some reason.
    DAMN IT.

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I think a long while ago I wrote something about this, not interested in yanking it out of my harddrive though.

5. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Ooooh, I see! So, this is their backstory as it stands, I think....

Jasura and Rikatta were two Avali in a pack of four. They were explorers, but this time they explored a little too far and found trouble... and trouble had bigger guns than they did. They tried to fight but they were severely outnumbered; at the insistence of the others, Jasura escaped back to their ship, and she believed she'd left her pack-mates to die. Indeed, two of the pack did die... but Rikatta was captured and sold off to an Apex facility so that she could be examined. She managed to escape and disable (but not remove) the collar they'd placed on her, using the facility shuttle to flee and follow Jasura's trail across the galaxy so that they could be reunited.

herp a durr i keep wanting to make this into a proper fanfiction but i have no idea how i'd start it

Shard of Sorrow and J_Mourne like this.
  6. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

I think this is the PERFECT time to having finished the picture I was working on. Yay dancing!
    (thumbnail!)
    smaller.png

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Holy crap, that's big!
    Holy crap, that's good!

8. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Lol, that's awesome Intrebute.

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm trying to leave this thread alone for a while and this doesn't help. Your wondrous art lured me back like moths to a spotlight.

Edit: Anyways my dentist appointment is starting in 5 minutes.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  10. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

perhaps I can be of help

11. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I didn't bring up the collars.
    Not my fault.
    Nope.
    Nah.
    No.
    And what are those twisted Apex are going to do to her?
    ...Also why are all protagonists in Avali fan fiction are female? I just noticed that.

12. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

Has the Avali ever done any Plasma and also Nuclear related researches in their history(such as weapons, tech, accidents, etc. Although reverse-engineering may count)?

(I'm probably too much of an Avali Scientist...or something along those lines.)

13. MrMadmanx2

I am too, big scientist myself

14. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm sure they're going to be perfectly kind and responsible about having a wounded person in their baahahahahaha i couldn't finish that seriously though they're both going to be traumatised by the time this ends

And they're both female because.... because....

Huh. I hadn't noticed. Oh well :V

15. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I expect a lot of things I don't want expected...

16. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm gonna post that on the wiki, if you don't mind?
    There's been only three fan stories (or ideas) posted, two of the three writers of these stories are female, and writers usually feel more comfortable writing characters of their own gender.

I'll try to break that pattern for you over the weekend, but no promises.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  17. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

I mind exactly zero. :DD

18. kalminos

kalminos Aquatic Astronaut

A question here, that just came up to me- There's a saying for paramedics now, that 'someone isn't dead until they're warm and dead.' because many people have been revived from hypothermia and such, including from drowning in cold seas even HOURS after their deaths with no damage to their brains or other tissue.

Does 'warm and dead' for avali mean at their normal temperatures? do they have a 'cold and thus not dead' zone?

19. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Wait, really? I am pretty sure there are more...
    Then again, I may be extremely wrong.

20. MrMadmanx2

hmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.