The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Is it wrong to be proud of what you do? Why do others have to stack up to Ryu because he has the top rated mod?

What gives you the right to decide who converses with whom? Adding to or joining a discussion is not wrong.

2. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

you don't brag from what I see. just tease... a lot

3. MrMadmanx2

very true

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Exactly my point, you are quite modest about your work and it is refreshing to see someone on your level hasn't let the attention and popularity go to their head.

Icebelly and MrMadmanx2 like this.
  5. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

So it begins.

6. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Cut that holier than thou crap out. Your letting the popularity of Ryu go to your head.

Marxon likes this.
  7. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

I might put an avali in my sig as well.

Well maybe more than one.

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You don't see all he does, he made a very similar post in the private server conversation, seemingly twice. Also there's the fact that I have already done a lot of the things he talks about, and I never gave it a second thought.

And on that note I will end my end of this matter before I cross the line and things get heated.

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] "..."

Suddenly, a flash mob re-rails the debate

10. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Oh lord no, they're everywhere!

11. Aunvre

Aunvre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the way Matthew Inman put it:
    "The only thing Edison truly engineered was douchebaggery"

Oh my.

12. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

*mission accomplished*

13. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

I was... Not expecting this.

Marxon likes this.
  14. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Along with stealing a lot of Tesla's work.

Marxon likes this.
  15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm going to try and check myself out of this discussion for a while before I say something excessively callous or hurtful. Lord knows I'm all too good at doing it.

16. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Have you been cloning us?

17. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay, next time anyone hears me say the words "hey, rather than just take a boring old screenshot of my character, let's put her together in Photoshop using the mod assets! it can't be that hard, can it?"

please slap me in the face
    hard

this is so difficult i lack the words to even

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  18. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

People are different, some are more proud than othera.

Bravado is what you should of said.

19. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Nikolai Tesla forever. The world's greatest mad scientist.
    Fun fact: you can add just about any story to Tesla's life without making it sound ridiculous. Example: The Tunguska Event was Tesla's first, and only, test of his death ray; during which he stopped an incursion of extradimensional horrors.
    Don't be too unique, though, that's dangerous. Either make it dance, or put it in the bottom right corner.
    Energy generation! Wouldn't you know, it just came right out...

I think it was stated that the Avali mostly rely on fusion power plants, with geothermal where applicable and antimatter conversion (energy storage, not power, as I understand) for short bursts of power. I suppose that fossil fuels are pointless for energy production inside a methane atmosphere. What about wind turbines, though? Back when you were designing the kite dwellings, you mentioned that Avalon had very steady winds because of its flat terrain and strong jetstream, so would floating turbines up on kites be a viable way to generate mobile sources of power?

But back to fusion power; since since the Avali don't have liquid water on the surface of their homeworld to generate hydrogen through electrolysis, where do they get sufficient deuterium for the reaction? Do they break apart the methane in their atmosphere to generate it? I suppose one possibility would be to get it from the gas giant they orbit, but is it even practical to extract gasses from a gas giant like that?

Aunvre likes this.
  20. MrMadmanx2

and hay, if you need help with Ideas. I am open to co-op

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.