The Avali Nexus

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Believe it or not, this "mess" was the very reason they were put into the mod in the first place. (I think Ryuujin was just trying to troll people. (Such as @Battle Bee))

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I can see this might be problematic if people are going to double-post everything in both threads, hedging their bets (I read both xD)

Marxon likes this.
  3. Mc Fow1er

Mc Fow1er Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm an inventor my warp tech is a basic teleported only it warps me through walls and if activated in a certain way stuff would pass right through me with no harm to me ;)

4. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

I'm a bit late to the party, but I brought my happy tail dance! :3

5. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Don't worry, I was also late.

6. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

There you go, bragging again. There is quite literally a single value in the blink config to disable the obstruction scan. Also worth noting that an inventor is one who makes something completely new, not modifying what already exists.

7. Mc Fow1er

I'm talking in game to actual modification dude

8. Aunvre

Aunvre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So he's more of a tinkerer?

9. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Yo.
    *Buzzes*

10. Mc Fow1er

yeah basically :wut: :lod: btw I kinda tinkered with a tier 10 hammer and well I'm currently working out the kinks to make it a really fun tech item (hover hammer :D:rofl:)

11. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

had this idea for a Tech that combines a few techs into one

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Tell that to Thomas Edison; America's most famous *cough* 'inventor' (I bet he patented and tweaked the definition of the word too, then sent his thugs around to beat up anyone who were actual inventors, for using his word)

13. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Yes,
    Still you interjected your statement into a part of the discussion you had no part in.

Also worth noting that more than half the gear I use is customized or modified in some way, some of the clothes were only made dyeable via a mod support patch I wrote, and I almost never mention any of my behind the scenes work unless its very relevant to the discussion or I'm asked about it.

To put it in perspective, @RyuujinZERO has one of the top rated mods on the forum, and you brag and show off 5 times as much as he does. It would be wise for you to practice just a bit of humbleness and modesty, for your own sake.

14. MrMadmanx2

agreed shadow. if I can help it, I'd rather prove it then talk about it. not that I don't have my own kinks to iron out.

15. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmmm. I wonder - how plausible would it be for an Apex facility to capture a (wounded/incapacitated) Avali and keep them under observation? I imagine Avalon's technology relating to the neural jack/Oracle systems would be of some interest to the Apex government as a way to further increase their control over the general population. I came up with the idea while on the bus earlier and figured it could make a neat backstory for my second Avali character.

It would also allow to me to justify putting them in a metal collar.... ;)

16. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I have guards now, apparently.

17. Aunvre

Aunvre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is a shame that that title still 'officially' belongs to Edison. IMHO, it should belong to Tesla.

0deneb0 likes this.
  18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I brag and show off? :O

(I only ever 'show off' new content to say 'hey guys, look what you have to look forward to!' not because I think it's bragworthy, honestly, most of my work so far is very very basic at a technical level, straight up sprite art and config files. It's folks like the creators of XS Corp mechs, Starfoundry, or Dyemod who have the right to show off)

Tesla is just one of his victims - Hollywood formed where it did because people were trying get as far away as possible from him and his heavies who he kept sending around to destroy early recording equipment as he felt it was in violation of some prototype he held. Then you have the currents war where he spent years electrocuting fuzzy animals and trying besmirch another important inventor, even going so far as to invent the electric chair just to make him look bad

19. MrMadmanx2

interesting

20. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Basic at a technical level, perhaps, but the amount and quality of the sprite work in this mod is nothing short of incredible. And this reminds me; I need to get around to putting an Avali in my signature too.... it's what all the cool kids are doing! :V

Icebelly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.