1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

the crazy is limited to the clan thread. along with discussion of lore, biology, etc.

this thread is purely for mod development.

2. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne Void-Bound Voyager

That's what you think...

OssomSagax likes this.
  3. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

better be careful now... I think Ryu will be much less tolerant of off-topic posts in this thread ;)

4. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Are images of our builds allowed on this thread, or should they go in the clan thread?

5. Deathedge736

probably better to keep that in the clan thread as well.

6. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Alright, but if possible I would like Ryu to confirm that. No offense, but it is his thread, he may be fine with builds showing off the mod in this thread.

7. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Yay for the thread. Ill come back to put you all down if need be ;D

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I don't know whether to be relieved or apprehensive depending on how this was meant to be worded...

9. Deathedge736

I think he means to keep us in line. no one did that before and the previous thread ended up way too big as a result.

10. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

c:

Well time to stalk somewhere else.

OssomSagax and Marxon like this.
  11. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne Void-Bound Voyager

That's not creepy or weird in the slightest.

Oh, trust me, I know. I'm just a bit worried about everyone else...

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

1) "Months" - some parts of the mod can't even be implemented til stage 2 or 3 of Starbound's development.
    2) The core race mod is going to try stick to parity but further add-ons will come later, expect hoverbikes, drones, cloaking, all kinds of crazy weapons such as wall-penetrating railguns, airburst smart explosives, orbittal bombardment...
    3) Be afraid, be very afraid

See above, techs will be added later in development, right now I'm still developing the fundamental backbone of the mod (art assets, clothing, building blocks etc, then I can revamp settlement generation, then settlement generation will provide a more robust platform for tech and weapon development)

I have a couple Avali-esque instruments in mind I'll add eventually, again relative low priority right now.

OssomSagax and TheDarkOne like this.
  13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It's what he knows. Can we keep banter to the discussion thread?

The neural augmentation has both an optional physical port, and a wireless connection - in turn most of their facilities have something quite similar to a wireless router, which their augmentation connects to. In turn each facility or long range spacecraft has an FTL connection that can provide a realtime connection to the rest of the nexus infrastructure.

On the inside, the augmentation has hundreds if not thousands of ultra-fine electrodes distributed throughout key parts of the brain (namely those related to sight, recognition and sound), which manipulate those areas of the brain to create a very advanced augmented reality. Users can either become fully immersed in the system blocking out external stimuli entirely (The nexus does have any consistent, singular form different "sites" have their own formats and layouts, some range from high level navigation such as text windows and buttons, to matrix-like simulations or video games that are near indistinguishable from real life. It can also provide augmented reality - where they are still fully aware of the real world, but can also render additional information into it - such as directions, reminders, route plans, waypoints, in-view instructions for a task they are performing etc.

There's also some middlegrounds, like a pilot might technically be "unconciouss" in his vehicle, but instead he'll be fed visual and tactile information from the craft's sensors, allowing them to control the ship as an extension of their own body (Avali fighter pilots are probably a MENACE to try dog-fighting since they could pull off manuevurs that'd be simply impossible to too risky to do manually,)

14. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

what is the ETA for the kitchen furniture and is there going to be a cooking counter included?

15. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

If you look at the concept art he posted back in the old thread, you can see that he's labelled two of the new furniture setpieces "cutting board (food bench)" and "cooker (campfire)". I'd believe the answer to your second question is yes there will be.
    [​IMG]

16. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

Is there a possible chance that there will be a hostile organization(s) that is against the Nexus or particular groups that is like the Bandits somewhere in the development?

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

"When it's ready"

Well in fairness it *is* ready (Well, need do the colour variants), but I want to put out a bundle of new interior content as a single big update rather than release it piecemeal. A week tops at any rate, and then you'll get far more than just kitchen props.

Kitchen props, office props, lab/medical props, bathroom props, doors - and colour variants for all the aforementioned

There will be, but that is a fair way off yet.

18. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

Awesome, eager to see it when done

19. Deathedge736

you seem to prefer the big updates over releasing small updates.

20. Ruti

Ruti Big Damn Hero

There's an aspect to major updates I like, in that you don't have to download nearly as often. Then again, the trade-off is that updates may take a bit longer to get out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.