1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/avali-triage.2852/
    https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/avali-triage.95100/
    Please direct inquiries as to mod progress to these places, as this is no longer being worked on, and hasn't for a long time.

The mod is currently only compatible with Enraged Koala

If you want to continue using the mod you will need to disable automatic updates until such a time as there is a new build for Upbeat Giraffe (Which is probably weeks away), given that there is a new stable build due out shortly and once that goes in, the mod is going to stop working.

Looking to discuss the Avali race mod's development, report bugs, discuss lore or give feedback?
    Want to chat or share stories or just yak with other Avali [players]?

Looking for lore information, or general information on the Avali?
    Check out the wiki!

Got a bug report?
    Make sure you attach your Starbound.log file, this can be found in your Starbound folder, usually under program files/steam/steamapps/common/starbound/ - as tempting as they seem, the error messages that pop up on screen are largely irrelevant and useless, so don't worry about trying to copy those down. The log file tells me everything i need to know usually.

Got a question?
    You might want to run it by the FAQ first quickly, certain questions get asked, or the same new bugs reported a lot, particularly questions about the respawn animation

Got random banter?
    Take it to the discussion thread ¬_¬

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
    Yanazake, Higuera and Otherworlder like this.
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Hi again, thread~

3. Ruti

Ruti Big Damn Hero

Amazing how busy a thread can get. A tribute to the mod-maker, I'm thinking.

OssomSagax likes this.
  4. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

And so a new life has been formed.

5. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

and a new life begins

6. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

The other side, of the split...... hi.

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

@RyuujinZERO can we call our private server the official server now? I'm planning either starting a new conversation, a small steam group, or some other private forum device to contain it's player base and to avoid having to resort to a whitelist.

OssomSagax likes this.
  8. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Renaissance!

9. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

WOOOOOOOO

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You gotta love that new thread smell.

Smells of floor cleaner.

11. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

A lot of Avali around here. That's why.

OssomSagax and Dolphinowl245 like this.
  12. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

lol

Dolphinowl245 likes this.
  13. BLuBIN_BoY

BLuBIN_BoY Big Damn Hero

Why not add a couple instruments especially for the Avali? Maybe like, Dead Reed Flute?

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You would think as a result there would be a booming industry for avali perfumes, I bet in a future where they can 3d print on a near molecular level, they can have designer chemicals capable of bonding to and neutralizing or at least masking the trace amounts of ammonia the avali may put out. If anything most of the water humans put into the atmosphere is through breathing (hence fogging up windows), and since it's at least assumed avali have some sort of super discrete breathing apparatus on to work like a rebreather.

And on another note, I think there is a possibility to, via chemical reactions, somewhat convert water to ammonia, and perhaps vice versa in an Earth like atmosphere if one can properly and practically preform nitrogen fixation and discard the oxygen molecules from water.

15. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I think that would be illegal - it would be the same as making cola out of human piss and blood.

Mc Fow1er likes this.
  16. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey guys, is Lyetzi's gun mod compatible with the Avali?

17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I think the 2 threads should link to the actual mod page, for new users and lazy people.

18. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

There is, there are bacteria which do this directly for whatever purposes bacteria have for ammonia. These things aren't as easy as the Haber-Bosch process, but they are quite efficient.

(also, if you can cause oxygen to decay in the correct fashion, it can produce a H2 and an N) This however, is quite beyond any species we know of in Starbound.

19. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

I have returned.

yes it is now. due to a recent update.

Dolphinowl245 likes this.
  20. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne Void-Bound Voyager

Oh thank God. I was having trouble keeping up with how fast the old forum was moving.
    Also, to stick to the theme of this thread, I have a few questions and suggestions:
    I'll start with the questions:
    1) What is your goal/timeframe for completing this mod?
    2) What kinds of craziness can be expected to that end? (Referring to the question above)
    3) Should I be worried?

And now for the suggestions:
    (I know full well that most of these things have already been suggested, but it is the start of a new thread, so whatevs)
    1) Tech. The Avali are highly technology based, and to that end one would think that they'd have a lot of Tech to use to their advantage. Things like the medical nanites are a good example, they are a tech, yes. But they have no active abilities, they are strictly passive. I think (once Starbound allows it) that a lot of the Avali tech should be passive or semi-passive. Giving things like jump boost, or allowing you to glide short distances, stuff like that. (All at the cost of a percentage of your energy. I.E a tech like jump boost would be Tech lv 1, and as such, would require 10% of your Tech lv 1 energy. And something like the gliding Tech would be Tech lv 5, and as such, would require 10% of your Tech lv 5 energy)

2) actually, I'll just leave it like this for now, add stuff to this as I think it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.