1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

THE PAGE OF THE BEAST

2. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Oh no we're officially boned now
    we have no chance
    rip thread, we will continue you in the IRC.
    Now then...crates. Paintable crates. That breaks parity
    By being awesome and something other races don't have because crates.

3. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Given something said on the wiki, they hadn't even developed metallurgy until the "Benefactors" (Still don't believe humans did it) decided to help.

4. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Getting that first post has dramatically improved my mood from: touch me and we see how many limbs you can loose before you die of bloodloss, to touch me and see how many bones I can break before you faint

5. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

I believe the lore was that Avali schooling emphasizes grasp of concepts and how to apply them much more than raw facts. Since they essentially have internet access placed straight into their brains, that makes sense.

Just think, how many tests in your school would you ace instantly if you had internet access while you took them? I know I'd certainly pass just about everything except math and science subjects, guaranteed. So the Avali tests almost certainly aren't on facts that can be researched, but on how to apply the knowledge that is gained. Less studying/regurgitating, more learning/doing.

I need to start replying instead of editing in quotes afterward...

6. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I wish the moderators had wigs :V

Though really, this discussion does not seem to be about the mod anymore and would be more appropriate in another sub section. Maybe create a clan?

7. Valiance30156

Valiance30156 Big Damn Hero

If school was like that ("...more learning/ doing.") in real life, no one would complain of homework anymore. That'd be awesome.

8. jazari

jazari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

10. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

yes

11. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

hey man don't break us up like that, we hit 666 pages, surely we deserve some leeway for getting this far without completely losing sight of the topic

12. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

thats not much to go on. there is a treasure pool exeception.

are you running it with steam? if so turn off the steam overlay.

13. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Challenger approaching?

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

We should do that shouldn't we, not sure where to start with getting it set up.

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

What's a clan?
    And we've gotten a bit on-topic since the IRC became a bit more popular...but really what's a clan?
    *looks at the rest of the forums*
    oh.

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It does not surprise me at all who got first on page 666...

Battle Bee likes this.
  17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You've got a duplicate copy of the mod installed somehow, likely accidentally extracted it twice into different folder, or didn't delete an older installation. Delete the avali mod folder and any possible duplicate and it'll be fine

18. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

:lod: das jus mean.

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, I might do that. I'm not sure how much it applies to mods, but considering this is thread is now over 600 pages it's probably for the best.

@RyuujinZERO, would you be willing to repost the mod to reset the discussion thread length. Let me know if you do, so I can lock this one. You could also PM an admin if you'd like to inquire about the rule.

cyberspyXD likes this.
  20. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Page 666 just realised!

Huh, 500 page limit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.