[UNSTABLE] Update April 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

This!

I was just thinking about adding in a new block for a new mod, and not knowing what matIDs are valid is a real hinder.

2. kugutsu

kugutsu Industrial Terraformer

I need allowed material IDs range information !
    any reference documentation?

3. Ponjkl

Ponjkl Subatomic Cosmonaut

I care a lot of loosing everything, i have more than 20.000 presurized steel, 10.000 soft bricks, 10 NPC spawners (vendors, doctors..) almost every printable object, 7.000 wall panel, every seed, and a lot of more things, and my shiplocker is filled of stacks of different building blocks

4. zugz

zugz Space Penguin Leader

First changelog I see from CF that actually reads like an actual changelog! Well done guys, at least that's something. Now please add it to Steam's news section of the game's page and you get an A+.

Piccolo and Ponjkl like this.
  5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The new Update changelog's are so much better then before

6. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

We fixed that but not in time for this update. we also know about the visual smelting bug.

Treasure room appears, but only on the BIGGEST planets and only at the deepest levels. I've confirmed that they exist.

Take your materialID and find its mod 65536.

Easiest way is if your MatID is 95847 type in "95847 mod 65536" into google.

Technically, this is all that the game was doing before. But we had some issues with that and were forced to make it explicit. The field is a uint16_t.

Djinn, Symmetry and Mackinz like this.
  7. Blue

Blue Former Staff

Unstable updates are still not downloading for me. still says update 6. Kind of annoying. Wish I knew what was up. Tried on both my PC and my laptop. No luck.

and steam says... "Current Content Build 213570"

8. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

and its all gonna get wiped...muahahahahahaha

9. ShadowPhazon

ShadowPhazon Master Chief

The last couple updates sound really awesome, but... my Starbound (of which, by the way, is in unstable and has the option always update) hasn't updated since a bit after the valentine's day update. I've been looking into it, but I don't understand whats wrong. Anyone got any suggestions?

10. birdlover143

birdlover143 Space Spelunker

Sounds great! I think I'll start doing unstable stuff.

11. JTDude

JTDude Master Chief

Are you sure your settings are set to update automatically? Verifying game cache might help too, or at least that's the answer I got while looking up the same problem a while back. Right click starbound in the steam library>click properties>go to local files tab>verify integrity of game cache

Right click starbound in the steam library>click properties> go to the betas tab>change to unstable in the first drop down

12. The | Suit

Run around Naked in the center of town and say you are the Queen of England?
    I am sure most doctors would agree, that would make you pretty unstable.

[​IMG]

Tournesolbook, Akado, Ravager and 5 others like this.
  13. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a feeling that this new psi staff is going to feel like standing around casting your magic like a blackmage. Very nice to see that sort of weapon in a sci-fi space game :facepalm:

How about some more sci-fi looking guns with fast moving lasers and sci-fi tools instead of pickaxes and drills. I didn't play for 5 month now and the game hasn't changed in any noticable way (tried yesterday for 1h or so). Still everything random, still you don't care of adding cool, actually essential stuff. I think I wont touch the game for the next 18 month so maybe then it doesn't feel like the exact same game I played last year after beta release.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    TheRoachMan likes this.
  14. LostCraftGhost

LostCraftGhost Master Chief

Ah, every suitably advanced technology will appear like magic to the uninitiated... ;)

Ramones_fan, Piccolo and dkdeath like this.
  15. Blue

Blue Former Staff

I've been having the same issue. No unstable updates since Feb.

Tried verifying, reinstalling, changing steam DL servers, everything.

16. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice quote but this is not the reason I bought this game. If nothing changes, I will just forget this game sooner or later. Sad story

Dude you should really think of finding another sense for your life but this game.

17. gr4yz0n3

gr4yz0n3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I really recommend this method, considering We, for one, has tested it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Ramones_fan, Ashen and The | Suit like this.
  18. MrRex

MrRex Astral Cartographer

God, you gotta post a video of the monster oscillation, I bet that _ is hilarious!

19. The | Suit

I see what you did there.

20. gr4yz0n3

gr4yz0n3 Pangalactic Porcupine

To quote Vladimir Makarov of MW fame. "Remember, no rushin'." Rushed games are bad, really.

It's not like he did it in ONE day and ONE night.. And yes, he should let go of the steels and irons.