1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Delete character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dassery, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young Alek

Young Alek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you sure it was for that character? Because for me I had files from characters I had before the character wipes. How many files do you have (as a group)?

2. ItzaMarioBro

ItzaMarioBro Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, like what if we accidentally make a character, or someone else goes on your computer and makes tons of characters to irritate you.

soul_eater likes this.
  3. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

4 million dollars.

I dont think I ever played a game that has character creation that doesnt have a simple 'delete character' button. But hey, 'they're indies!', 'its beta', bla bla bla bla.

So I say again: 4 million dollars. welcome to the future of indie games.

4. Cyvros

Cyvros Void-Bound Voyager

Your not that wrong with this statement, but lets focus ob the problem here :(

5. DandyWizard

DandyWizard Space Penguin Leader

Terraria has this why not this game?

Rasyna and soul_eater like this.
  6. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Its probably not a priority to add that button right now, it might take a while.

it might not even get added at all.

Tibbles and TheNinjaBacon like this.
  7. Mae.

Mae. Void-Bound Voyager

I was able to delete SOL characters by navigating to ../Application \Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/Player
    Then, open the <someStrangeString>.metadata files with a text editor - Vim/Notepad++ will do - when you find the name(s) of the character(s_ you want to delete, look at the uuid in their files. In the Player folder, you will want to delete all files with that uuid at the start of the file. This will also remove it from the character select menu.

Rasyna likes this.
  8. TheNinjaBacon

TheNinjaBacon Lucky Number 13

thankyou :D

JakiroKing and CraftyCreepersss like this.
  9. Motornerve

Motornerve Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1 For a simple, Delete Char Option IN GAME. People should not have to go digging around in their game files to delete a Save Game. Deleting Saves/Chars is almost a UNIVERSALLY supported feature on 99% of games. Yes I know this is a Beta, but still, level of complexity vs. player demand, at this point I am surprised there isn't already a main menu Mod that adds this GUI button.

Sartorius and Hatsya Souji like this.
  10. Caption Closed

Caption Closed Orbital Explorer

This is something that really needs to be implemented into the game. Having to go into the files to delete a character is a bit crazy. I'm sure they'll add it later on, so I would wait on deleting characters so as not to take the chance of making it worse.

11. Fibriel Solaer

Fibriel Solaer Space Kumquat

You just answered your own question. You can't even scroll the list with the mousewheel, you have to CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

By the way if you click "up" enough times the arrow vanishes and you'll click the top character and sign in as them.

12. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

The most recently player character(s) are at the top of the list. Dead or unused characters will be pushed down.

13. Fibriel Solaer

There are six races (soon to be seven and not counting the 100-odd custom races.) Playing at least one character of at least five of them means you have to CLICK-CLICK to scroll to whichever one you played least recently (or to create a new character for testing or roleplaying purposes.)

And maybe you only play one or two characters, but those of us who realize Starbound's current state is good for creativity and nothing else can't do that. We create for every race.

The list needs to be completely rehauled to display more characters at a time, and it needs to have a deletion option. If for nothing else this is for mod-makers to actually be able to test their mods with every possible character. That's all there is to that; no excuses.

14. Sartorius

Sartorius Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is a pretty fundamental thing to have in a game, period. I don't see why it shouldn't be a priority, even with the updates we're getting.

Motornerve likes this.
  15. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Why would it be a priority? I'm pretty sure the devs have their hands full with all kinds of stuff.

Tibbles likes this.
  16. Sartorius

Sartorius Subatomic Cosmonaut

It is a fundamental feature of games with progression. Is there a reason you don't think it's not a desperately needed option? You seem to be overly defensive of anything done by chucklefish, judging from your post history.

17. SweFox

SweFox Guest

I don't consider it being a desperately needed option because it's really easy to delete characters anyway.

No, stop lying. I am not overly defensive.

Tibbles likes this.
  18. Fibriel Solaer

Yeah.

By signing into a character so their modification date is updated.

And then restarting the game.

Every time.

You delete one.

Motornerve likes this.
  19. SweFox

SweFox Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  20. Fibriel Solaer

"Oh I'll just post an incredibly inefficiently-made GIF image to be a snide douche rather than say what the fuck I mean!"

Hell for a few seconds I didn't even notice it was animated. Here's what you could have replied with rather than kill the bandwidth of 80% of the people who read this topic:

And here's how you should have replied:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.