1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: Reni's Armory (Discontinued) v1.5.1 Spirited Giraffe

Add Another Set of Unique Equipment to your collection.

1. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Annoying how some of the guns that have really cool effects do little damage, I guess the starbound progression system is to blame. It would probably be a pain to make each gun able to progress through the tiers with you once you unlock it.

Also, do you know what the cooldown function does for weapons? I notice it keeps appearing in your weapons files.

2. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

don't worry, every one at some point overlooks and misses something, ^^; don't beat your self up about it, but its always nice to hear from a user no matter what it might be about ^^

well considering the weapons at times are a pain in the ass to make just perfect, i found that this "cooldown" function/timer helps with getting the firerate/time set right, so if the gun when modified doesn't seem right like its too fast for example, this helps with slowing its rate of fire down and is much more accurate to me.

also when im able to i do try to make "next level tier" versions of the guns, but each tier level has a modification, take the nova class grenade launcher, tier 1/2 it acts like a normal grenade launcher, its tier 2/3 version acts more like a sort of cannon with shorter but line-of-sight, though it might be much much more powerful it offers a different type of way to kill/shoot, though come to think of it now, i might add some final rebuilds so you can have all the guns at say max tier but only there style of fire...

3. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I thought the fireTime parameter was what did that, never seen cooldown used before. One thing I find fun is doing my usual routine of playing about with the properties of guns, basically messing with existing ones to make them fire something different, or sound different. My favorite one so far has to be the sort of flak cannon I made, only problem is it's incredibly loud because all the pellets from the thing keep going off at once. Maybe that would be a good idea for the next tier of shotguns, just a somewhat portable, shoulder fired, anti air flak cannon. That would mess some things up!

4. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

the "use timer" i picked up when toying with a grenade, which is strange because if you use it in a gun you can override the normal fire rate settings, to a degree... of course

5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

So what, like a fine tuning parameter is what it is?

6. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

to me at least it was yeah, ^^;

7. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Dilrax updated RenTek: Reni's Armory with a new update entry:

A Sweet Little Deal.

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Dilrax likes this.
  9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I've actually figured out how to do a lot of the configuration for weapon modifications via the recipe, you can specify a lot of data, you can even almost completely specify a custom projectile (few annoying exceptions) that a gun fires. For example I've made a few high pressure flamethrowers already with double the range, but had to double the output rate and therefore energy use to compensate. Amazing things guns are eh?

10. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

in my own discovery's i found... there's a few stupid little things you can do, mistakes included that can ether, break it to the point where its a generic cube or kills the game, or break the system the balance system its confined to producing some... stupid but hilarious results...

An early build of the HyperCannon i did, i dubbed this Version as "Well Shit 1.0" lol
    [​IMG] still not quite sure how in the hell i achieved that but... hell of a screen shot, haha.

but generally you get things just perfect when looking at other peoples work and other vanilla recipes and files... ^^

11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I remember glitching one gun where the shots pierced and damaged players, but exploded on monsters, kind of weird. I also had an issue with the "world ending grenade" that exploded and duplicated itself endlessly, that was, fun...

On another note, maybe we should compare notes sometime, maybe we could put our heads together and collaborate on something and see what comes of it, I'm pretty busy now but I should have more free time in the summer months. What do you think?

12. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

if you want to enable/disable shots piercing things, i believe the command is "pierce" : (true/false)," but how it exploded on contact with monsters without becoming a different projectile, is interesting, as for notes, i would love to say yes though i Havant written anything down or memorised the exact properties and effects of everything. its all mostly just wild guesses ^^; trial and error, if it works it works if it doesn't, well there's gotta be something that will work, if it doest something good, if it doesnt, i'll try it elsewhere some other time, haha

13. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Yeah I'm aware of that, I know a lot of the parameters, one of the interesting ones is statuseffects.

14. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

i Havant looked into that... somewhat yet.

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

flamethrowers and such, but one I want to make really badly is a cryo bolter or a stasis cannon, just fire blobs of gel that makes enemies freeze and applies massive energy drain so they can't shoot or something, that would be a good end tier weapon if balanced right, probably a low fire rate, slow projectile, high energy cost, but you could paralyze a player. I could probably make a mockup this weekend if you want.

16. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

if im right a couple of the monster ability's might server as a good base area for getting your status effect right, after all i have seen them hold people on the spot or even push people away with a sort of harmless breeze like attack, so you probably could quite literately "freeze" someone/something couple ice cube sprites around/on the spot where someone "frozen" is standing should make it look quite nice

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I was thinking the base being the grabbed projectile and adding the cooling and/or energy effect at negative values, basically it would act in a way if you manage to land a hit with it, you stop the attacker's ability from firing weapons for half a second.

18. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

if you did that and basically starved them of there energy pool and cancelled out there energy regen by making the negative value higher and enough to starve it for the duration, you could like i said, probably have something that stops them being able to walk or jump, thus you have your frozen status, :D would just need some nifty ice crystal effects then and you got your self a cool weapon, i kinda think i actually like this idea because i don't think there is a status effect of being "frozen" any where yet...

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I could probably figure something out, I am somewhat able to make decent particle affects, heck maybe even make it do cooling damage.

20. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

excuse me i havent updated the armory in a few patches... should i destroy the objects and/or guns before updating?