1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Well yeah, I know of lumberbot, but i mean like, a tillable crop that drops wood. Like bamboo or something. y'd think one of them would have been made given how long we went without saplings..

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Also do you have some alternate version of starfoundry that isn't completely busted? Our server seems to crash and have corrupted worlds with the version we have.

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Starfoundry works if you run unstable, it's only busted in the current stable build (A math conversion error on chuckelfishes part. ironic that the stable build is elss stable than unstable)

4. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd like to think it's their way of punishing people for being unadventurous.

5. Comito

Comito Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry if it was asked before, but regarding this picture on the mod page:

[​IMG]

What gear is that? Is it from another mod, or has it not been released?

6. Nurmetya

Nurmetya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is part of this mod, has not been added yet.

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yah. It'll be going out in the next patch release (along with all new weapon sprites and recipes for tier 1-10)

8. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

Ok so.. this thread moves so fast I can't remember who said they were building an underground base but ran out of ideas and I finally, after over 9000 hours of paint, managed to cobble together what I've been doing so far. Hope it gives you some ideas.

I guess it's not that avali, given how big the installation is, that it's permanent and is actually on a desert world.

Maybe my Avali shaves so he doesn't get warm?

Huge file warning. Well not file size but the picture is huge.

[​IMG]

EDIT: There we go. Picture fixed.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    J_Mourne likes this.
  9. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Not all desert planets have to be scorching hot.
    Just like how not all cove/ocean worlds have to be coated in liquid water.

Try to free your mind from your innate anthropocentric nature when dealing with space; it can lead to better narratives. Mars is a desert planet by our standards, after all, but its surface temperature averages -63 C.

J_Mourne and RyuujinZERO like this.
  10. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

I was the one who said that.

I actually took mine apart. Im going to choose a diff planet and start again. but these are some wonderfull ideas.

11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You can't really shave feathers as you would hair, and it's worth remembering that the feathers are vital to avali because they are a two way insulator.
    On the topic of your little encampment, good work.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Technically you'd have to pluck feathers...

[​IMG]

A plucked avali'd look super silly.

Zenithcore and 0deneb0 like this.
  13. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

Not really the most relevant question, but what are you calling this new armor? Is it environmental gear, with that closed helmet, or just higher-end combat armor?

I know that bird's probably okay, but it still looks like the sort of thing a madman would do to a helpless victim.

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Not too far off, apparently it was a chick from a one male, being picked on by a different adult male/mate to it's mother. But yes, once removed from the situation the feathers willl grow back and be just fine.

Makes me wonder if that'd work as an interogattion technique on avali, plucking them slowly til they answer the question xD

15. J_Mourne

Ah, so the evil stepdad.

Don't worry, I'm sure the bird's fairy godmother will show up and take it to the ball in a carriage magically made from birdseed.

It'd certainly work to stop them from escaping over the fences by flying.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  16. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Question.

How do Avali cook their food?

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Exactly, and plucking would be a lot like getting a full body wax but the hairs are rooted much deeper (ouch!), and some of them are blood filled so if you pluck too many of those you lose some blood.

18. J_Mourne

There was some debate on this earlier. I can confirm it's not with solar ovens!

Probably some extension of however they prepare metal, but we dunno for sure. I'd personally assume that by the present time they'd use electricity.

19. Myifee

Myifee Guest

No, no, not by that process. It seems VERY counter-productive that they'd heat it up, though.

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Carefully.

But more seriously, in present day on their homeworld their 'gas' fires would run on oxygen, since the atmosphere is already methane-rich they'd be running in reverse, electric cooking methods would work best and safest. Curing seems like an obvious and good solution for meat preparation though, as represented in their current food list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.