1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Don't forget the wetware, aka skillz.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

True, but I can't direct people where to download those. And those are more important ultimately than the paint package...

3. GuardianofHarmony

GuardianofHarmony Big Damn Hero

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Perfect! What is this cheap old graphics tablet? I want to see if I can find a used one.

Edit: also is paint tool SAI usable as a fee program or do I have to buy it to make use of it?

HiroRyusaru likes this.
  5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I've always had an interest to draw, but my hand drawing on paper has never been good and I've never had the right computer tools.

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Like I said, La Pazz it was manufactured by. It was new when i got it but it was also comparatively cheap and works just fine. Even though normally people only ever talk about Wacom tablets. SAI is technically not free... though, everything is free if you know where to look <.< (Mine is a legit copy though, I use it enough to justify buying).

Important word of advice if you do get a tablet... as is true of art in general - practice, practice practice. Drawing with a tablet feels different again to drawing with a pencil, or drawing with a mouse. You'll need to persevere for it to become natural, lot of people try once or twice, flail about and shout 'hermagerd this suckkkksssss' throw it in a drawer where it then collects dust for eternity.

This is of course equally true for any kind've skill; there's no magic pill that grants a skill. It requires time, practice, perseverance and a bit of study. I don't even think there is such as a thing as a "natural" in any skill, there is just people who are more receptive to trying, failing and trying again.

7. GuardianofHarmony

Are there going to be more armor designs btw?

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Seriously? - Why do I even keep people updated if I'm going to be asked the same question 5 times a week? >.<

Yes, OF COURSE THERE WILL.

I just spent over a week adding new clothing and options because people kept pestering me for clothing (When i have 'little' things that need to be done, like microencounters, codices, weapons, upgrade system etc?), now I'm trying to work on the core systems that need to be added... people are still asking for more clothing.

I might just stop engaging in the thread entirely, I waste 2 or 3 hours a day answering messages and it looks like none of this is sinking in, it's a complete waste of resources

9. GuardianofHarmony

Sorry, that is a kind of stupid question but eh..... So how bout that Avali Theta? "Wink wink nudge nudge."

I'd think clothing would be a better option to get done first to people can stop bothering you about it.... but then again people will still bother either you or Catalina about it.

I would offer my help but unfortunately I'm not an artist or programmer.

10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The XS corp guys arn't going to greenlight me taking and editing one of their mechs and adding it to this mod.

11. GuardianofHarmony

We can dream.....

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I've used a tablet once in computer graphics class, and I enjoyed it greatly.

13. GuardianofHarmony

And that wasn't what I meant, like a colaboration between Reni's Armory and the XS Corp guys or something.

Now that I think about that the implications would be... destructive.

Marxon likes this.
  14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

A darn shame.

15. GuardianofHarmony

You wouldn't be able to fix problems that occur with players games then, why not devote a whole page to problems and put a directory on the overview?

16. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

My advice is to simply ignore those posts and let the curious people figure it out themselves by checking the overview of the mod page on the to-do- list. If they can't be bothered to read the overview of the mod and realize that yes this stuff is working on, then they won't be bothered to remember your answers. If they keep asking, I'm sure one of the many thread-regulars will answer on your behalf by pointing to said to-do list.

Marxon likes this.
  17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm one of those aforementioned regulars.

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You mean regularly asking questions I've already answered; in which case, yes :p

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

@RyuujinZERO if you're too busy and can't push the block update today or early tomorrow, I'll put the city build on hold till next weekend. I don't want to add to your workload unreasonably, I can probably figure something out for the meantime.

Edit: crap this sounds too much like a guilt trip, my bad. Please don't take it that way.

20. GuardianofHarmony

God I just thought of something awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.