1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Daimera - Breaking in the RoR Fan Art Forum!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Daimera, May 5, 2013.

1. Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry, I just get annoyed when people feel the need to "correct" outdated discussions without actually understanding the context of the original post. Sometimes it's better to just let old things die instead of digging them up to tell people they're wrong about something they've since relegated to irrelevance. People on the Terraria forums do this a lot and I have a very short fuse on it because over there, people just seem to like to argue for the sake of arguing and not to actually contribute anything of value.

Also, food for thought: if Acrid wasn't inclined to attack people in the hold, then why is it that the first thing it does when you release it is attack you? Sure in the end it decides it wants to be left alone, but that's only after experiencing the horrors of the planet; before that, it's still apparently a liability enough to be chained up in the first place. I was just observing that chaining up the claws of a creature that can spit acid and disease is moot if its mouth is left unobstructed.

If anything, it is a case of gameplay and story segregation; Acrid isn't actually in the hold and has its own separate crate (also a detail that wasn't relevant at the time, as characters in the early beta were all unlocked by default and did not have unlock requirements; even the stage it's found on wasn't implemented at the time). I imagine it's only included on the character-select screen alongside the others for the purposes of menu simplification.

Raptoral ze great guy likes this.
    • Raptoral ze great guy

Raptoral ze great guy Big Damn Hero

Meybe he attacked because the only other human interaction was the testing done with him, and i wasnt trying to correct i was simply adding my own sauce... damn it german sayings dont translate well.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

It's been a really, really long time since I've posted here! Sadly, I haven't really done any more proper Risk of Rain fanart for a while. I blame moving and getting distracted by other things. And repeated save-loss making me stop playing the game for a while.

I'm digging this thread's grave up, though, since I have a pseudo-update. I've been bored for the past couple weeks and making Filial Imprinting plushies, partly as a joke for Rawrquaza's stream, but also just because it's a relatively simple template/pattern and I'm trying to teach myself how to hand-sew for some other projects.

[​IMG]
        [​IMG]
        [​IMG]
        I'm basically trying to do one of these a day until I run out of material (the fleece blankets in the back: while the color is off, JoAnn didn't have any other colors even remotely close in their basic cloth inventory when I went to look...). They're all different shapes and sizes because I'm not using a dedicated pattern, I'm just kinda winging it as I go. The variation is kinda cute.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with them all, I just figured I'd share it 'cause it's relevant and I haven't done anything here in a long time. :B

TheExodus59 and Burby like this.
        • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

MASSIVE THREAD NECRO, GOOOO!!!
          Because I've been drawing some stuff for this game recently, lol. Partly from being sad I couldn't go to PAX to play RoR2, so I've been watching Quaza's old videos to relive the old beta days of discovery and childlike wonder.
          [​IMG]
          [​IMG]
          [​IMG]

Edit (to prevent double-posting)
          [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018