1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

ModPackHelper [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Dolan, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

2. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Great tool works well was really kind of you to allow the Pub. to use something you spent what shows as a lot of time making. Thanks and I hope you keep working on & updating it. Good luck in what ever comes next.

3. Dolan

Thanks Crisium. It's open to public because I'm not doing it for money and because without the internet community I wouldn't be able to make something like this.

Next step will be the linux version.

4. Dolan

5. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

It was simple, now it is simple with hint of chocolate mint ( if one does like chocolate and mint ).

6. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

I did the program as intended but on the first action it immediately closes on any option I use for some odd reason(It's unzipped on the mods folder but it also happens anywhere else), although It did say before it closed

\Steam\steamapps\Starbound\mods\* was unexpected at this time.

7. Dolan

Hi Mobius, thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks to that I saw that there can be some troubles if batch file is not in the mod directory.

Could you try the beta file in attachment and tell me if it's better ?
    Don't forget to change the "starbound_folder" variable with the correct path.
    If you get an "Access is denied", this is due to Windows UAC. Try to launch it with "Run as administrator" (Right click on it).

Edit : The beta version in attachment, is the v0.5 uploaded. You could try this new one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  8. Dolan

9. tboy21

tboy21 Void-Bound Voyager

I tried it and I gets the same error (even after I change the variable)
    the error I get is:
    \Steam\steamapps\Starbound\mods\* was unexpected at this time

EDIT: maybe i'm doing something wrong...
    could you specify exacly what to change with an example?

10. Dolan

Could you tell me whats Windows version you are running, the full path of your starbound folder and if this one is on another place than a classic hard drive (ie. usb) ?
    The message seems to not show any drive letter in the path, it could be the problem.

11. tboy21

tboy21 Void-Bound Voyager

Im using windows 7 64bit
    the path is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

12. Dolan

Could you try this :
    1. Create a folder "temp" at the root of C:
    2. Copy the original v0.5 bat file in there
    3. Create a folder "mod1" and "mod2" in C:\temp
    4. Launch the bat and choose "Pack mods"
    5. Check if the program list the folders as choices
    (Don't pack it won't work because asset exec wouldn't be found)

PS : In the version 0.5 you don't have to specify "mods" for the "starbound_folder" variable.
    Code:
    set starbound_folder=C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\

13. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

This slightly works for me, except it doesn't really detect mods(In the folders) but it does say "There is no mods to pack" and reset the first part instead of crashing

14. Dolan

Yep, after some reflections, I catched that in the new version the mods are listed from the "mods" folder wich is in relation with the "starbound_fodler" variable.
    To get this test to work, the main folders has to be name "mods" and not "temp".

Moreover I found what causes the problem :rofl:. It's due to spaces in the path (Dammit, I thought I got all of them).
    I'm working on the fix, it will be available today.

15. Dolan

16. Dolan

Hey guys, check the version 0.6 it will fix your troubles :)

17. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

18. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

The modpak and modinfo are supposed to be separate, fortunately I think the program doesn't copy the modinfo into the modpak file or at least it shouldn't really matter because I tested it by putting the modpak and the modinfo in the folder and it works

19. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

So packing all is a dysfunctional feature. This means that you will have to manually pull all of the .modinfos out of the folders, pak the mods, place the .pak and .modinfo into a new folder as a pair.

20. Dolan

Sorry guys I'm a little bit confused about the all process of packing.
    I was such working on this tool that I forget to test it from start to end (End including launching Starbound with a modpak).

Could you confirm the processes :

Packing :
    1. Rename the "Starbound\mods\<mod_folder>\<mod_name>.modinfo" as "Starbound\mods\<mod_folder>\pak.modinfo
    2. Pak "Starbound\mods\<mod_folder>" in "Starbound\mods" as "mod_name.modpak"

Unpacking :
    1. Unpak "mod_name.modpak" as "Starbound\mods\<mod_folder>".
    2. Rename the "Starbound\mods\<mod_folder>\pak.modinfo" as "Starbound\mods\<mod_folder>\<mod_name>.modinfo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.