1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkthefox

Darkthefox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well when i run starbound with Kawa's mod the avali arent there for some reason

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

3. Darkthefox

i still steam to be having the issue

4. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Yes, it seems they restricted the chargen window's size to the original one... I hope it was not intentional, it's definitely unneeded. EDIT: Hey, I dunno, the xbawks one is working just fine for me right now.

EDIT:

You probably have mis-installed the mod. Did you make sure to download the latest version, unzip it, move the entire "avali" folder to the "mods" folder, erase the previous version, etc?

5. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

How would a floating tent colony function on a high gravity/thin atmosphere world? Avali don't have anti-gravity tech, do they?

I managed to get the character creator screen to work properly, albeit temporarily, by deleting the image.cache file in the main Starbound folder before launching the game.

6. Darkthefox

um just completely ignore me plz, i figured out what was going on.........yeah i feel kinda stupid now >.<

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Obviously these wouldn't work or be built on high gravity worlds; not that I can stop them being randomly generated on them, but story/gameplay segregation at work. I'd say the rule of cool overrules the realism factor there

Calabrese likes this.
  8. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

If based on natural wind speed to keep them airborne, it probably wouldn't... they could use solar sails on a thin-atmosphere world, but thos would only work during the day.

9. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's the other way around. Avalon is low gravity, high atmospheric pressure. Those are the traits that allow their manner of gliding.

EDIT: It also has very predictably constant winds, which are what would allow a kite-colony to be reliable.

Calabrese likes this.
  10. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Oooh, I like this concept idea. Very very much. Though I'm still a sucker for ground bases though, so still a tend for me ^^;

11. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Hahaha, well thought! Reminds me of sleepless nights diving through TvTropes.

12. InADarkMirror

Yeah the one problem I foresee with kite-towns is that players will inevitably dirty them up with dirt stairs to get at the kites.

13. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, I know, but Avali are a spacefaring race, and they're off putting up colonies on all sorts of planets. Not all of those planets are going to match Avalon's ideal conditions.

Rule of cool works for me.

14. InADarkMirror

Like ZERO said, gameplay/story segregation. Avali probably don't bother setting up colonies on worlds that don't fit their habitation range in actuality, but that wont be reflected by the mod until if/when ZERO adds in biome-specific behaviour.

15. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

This has to do with a corrupted image cache. Locate the image cache in the primary starbound folder (NOT the mods folder) and delete it, that way it makes a new, noncorrupt one.

16. InADarkMirror

[​IMG]

This is the Avali-themed dugout I built on a friend's server.

Of course, I joined the server with my new character, forgetting that the world she'd settled on was a very cold snow world and that I didn't have all my Impervium armour on this file.

It took five torches to save my life long enough to take this pic.

Calabrese and Mattyrogue like this.
  17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Still, worth it ;) - some interesting features you used there *takes note*

18. InADarkMirror

I gave you ideas? Really? Wow! Makes me feel real good, ha. Any chance you'll lemme know what you like from it?

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Basiclly the sticky-uppy hi tech stuff in the background of the surface. I rather like how that came out.

20. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm diggin' the concept. :D Very cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.