1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

No the crouch animation is an error it was only reported half a page ago, pay attention :p

No, it's working as intended.

Your friend is using legacy data from a past version of the mod, and trying force implement it into a new version. Just think careful about the new vanity system?

Head: Helmet/Scarf
    Chest: Sleeves/Cloak
    Legs: Clothing.​

The new system has combat armour (legs), and combat helmet (head)... what do "combat arms" look like? - The 'chest' slot is free so you can pick your OWN arm coverings, maybe you want to wear a claok over your armour, or short sleeves, or long sleeves, or gloves... by forcing the old armour into the enw version you'll simply be wearring a double cuirass.

Combat Armour (legs) - Cuirass and leg armour
    Soldier's Chest (chest) - Cuirass and arm covers

tl;dr - your friend is trying to second guess me and thinks I'm stupid

2. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

OK, wait, I'm still getting a trenchcoat-ish item that's COMPLETELY disappearing while crouching. Pretty sure that isn't normal.

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 3.34.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 3.34.12 PM.png

EDIT:

Hey now! :rofl: I actually originally quoted that post when I first mentioned the thing. I just wasn't sure whether it was what was being mentioned or not.

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Oh for fucks sake... YES THE CROUCH ANIMATION IS MISSING, how many tiems am I going to have to say that in the next quarter of an hour (Count so far 4)

4. Strigon_1

Strigon_1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh dear, starting a tally already. x: So many people that don't like reading the thread.

5. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

OK, OK, sorry! I got confused is all. I wasn't sure if the thing applied to every vanity item or just the one that the person had posted.

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Sorry I'm just a bit pissy as I've been trying to create a new front-page post for the last 2 hours, and the draft system on the forum keeps deleting it every time i post a response, and I'm wasting those responses on duplicate reports of the same bug.

7. SweFox

SweFox Guest

I would strongly recommend getting lazarus form recovery!

Ugh this pisses me off because its confusing as hell.

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

What he is reporting is a bug with entities that have had their geometry changed between patches. New tables, placed in a new location work fine; collision detection is generated at runtime by the engine. I don't even have a way to control that, if he wants to report THAT as a bug he needs to take it to Bartwe on the Chucklefish team as that's his responsibility.

The "missing chestpiece" isn't missing at all, if he looks closer he'll notice the chestpiece is now merged with the 'leg' armour. As I said, Working. As. Intended.

SweFox likes this.
  9. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Ah, thank you! I will just install this update and be happy about it.

10. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

well that was fast

11. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

I have no idea honestly, I'm no code guru, I just find it a tad ironic that you said you were going to install the update and enjoy it, then the very next post is a CTD report

12. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Deleted the posts because I'm an idiot, I think I merged the old and new version, hence duplicated names or whatever. Sorry.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  13. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Was about to say but you got it.

14. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

starbound 2014-03-05 19-13-51-39.jpg

Love the new decor items, revised a bit of my ship :DD

15. Garan

Garan Void-Bound Voyager

From the last page, it doesn't seem to have been report so... found something else. If it was, well, sorry.

On the two following screenshots, you can see that the sprite (between the chest and the shoulder) is one or two pixels to the rigth (In the picture, not the sprite sheet/page/picture/whateveryouwanttocallit) from where -I guess- it should be. It appear to do that while walking and standing, but not running.

Mattyrogue likes this.
  16. rjryonnie

rjryonnie Subatomic Cosmonaut

is there any way to force spawn the structures i cant find any :(

17. Mattyrogue

Mattyrogue Starship Captain

As far as I know; not unless someone includes this mod in their custom universe generation and implements some kind of feature of the race. (I.E. an entire planet of Avali settlements.)

18. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

I've finally dug out the cause of my Firelance dropping pixels instead of following the "hunting" treasure pool. I read through all the relevant config files and they're of course in perfect state. I then included cheat recipes to give myself one of each of the 4 sniper tiers, and upon testing them out they drop bow loot as intended. The problem is most likely that, even though I followed your instructions and got myself a "brand new" Firelance, I got it from a vendor from the previous patch. It would seem they are still selling the outdated items, I didn't think that was possible. Sorry for the confusion!

Not that I know of. The settlement I found was on a Forest planet in the Gamma sector, if that's any help, though it was generated in the previous game version so I don't think the coordinates will be of any help.

19. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Got a few bug reports:

1. The Combat Armor uses the feet from the Survival Gear on the jump animation.
    (Similarly, most of the running animation frames for the Survival Gear Scout's Armor have the sprites that cover the toes.)​
    2. When creating a new character, the Emissary's Cloak and Sleeves show up twice in the outfit and accessory lists. (Although, the shade of white each duplicate uses seems to differ slightly between them.)
    3. The male walking animation still has the jiggly belly effect.​

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  20. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Did more work on my Avali lower quarters area. Much more shiny!

[​IMG]

In addition, I got a few specific areas in mind, if anyone does mods for weapons merchants. The lower left corner is for a Weapons work area, including upgrade zones and canisters for weaponry, and to the right is just going to be some random NPCs, maybe merchants as well. To the left of Kari is the standard work area, this central area's going to be some form of storage area, as is the part to the upper right over there.

...Now if I only had some form of idea for the actual tent...

Mattyrogue and Kawa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.