1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

The "beam" isn't the actual bullet, it's the muzzle flash.

Calabrese likes this.
  2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yep x.x
    Yeah the sliding problem with piercing projectiles has been known for a long time (They don't cull when striking a surface) this is true of any weapon with the piercing modifier. We keep reporting it to chucklefish but they keep forgetting to update it. I'd rather not rule out content for the mod, simply because chuckelfish is being lazy with their own bug fixing.

As you correclty observed, collision issues with the new tables are an oddity in how old props behave when they are changed after being placed. The collision area for placeable objects is actually calculated by the engine rather than in my control.

Calabrese likes this.
  3. Mikhaos

Mikhaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Dude, gotta say this mod has been getting more and more impressive with each update. Love this race to death. :laugh:

Calabrese likes this.
  4. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Time to place the nanolathe~

5. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Hah! Clever! I was actually wondering how it had been done, since the projectile itself is transparent.

Ah, good to know the piercing projectiles is a bug, and a known one at that. Also, I imagine that there is no collision detection involved in the rendering of the muzzle flash, so I suspect it's not possible for it to not penetrate terrain, right?

Another report: There is a little clothing detail that I had already seen in the previous version: when using the Trimmed Wrap (racial1), the crouching stance is missing the tail rings, and it looks like the cloth bit in the smaller part of the skirt is transparent in that stance as well. I think the problem is the top right frame of the pants.png.
    Other than that, the new jump animations look nice!

6. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Server Updated.
    Thanks.

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I'm wondering if anyone gets what that's a reference to... or maybe it dates me too much xD

While a nanonlathe in THAT context is no more than a 3D printer; before even the concept of a 3D printer was an actual thing. The Avali nanolathes/looms are supposed to be a hybrid technology; using a combination of physical feedstocks, nanites and printing techniques, to bulk process raw materials faster and cheaper than full 3D printing.

For example a project may require a bulk supply of steel, which nanites and lasers will cut away sections until it's the right basic shape, and then use nanites and printing tech to insert the fiddly bits and wiring.

No :p - a lathe is an actual name for a piece of workshop machinery that rapidly spins a mass of material ( usually wood) so that you can shape it; it's what you'd usually use to make table legs, chesspieces that sort've thing with cylindrical symmetry.

But that's not the origin of the term.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Calabrese likes this.
  8. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

I think there's a similar term for an object found in Homestuck. "Totem Lathe", I think? It's been a while. That's all that comes to mind for me... I doubt it's what you're referencing, though.

9. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Aw, that's disappointing. :(

I actually really liked having a bow that could let me reliably hunt outside of Beta sector.

10. Strigon_1

Strigon_1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Total Annihilation, perhaps?~ God I loved that game. Enjoyed SupCom as well.

Also this update~ :3c Yaaaay. Excite. Can't wait to see what fanciful items are now available.

Mattyrogue likes this.
  11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They should drop meat O,o - maybe one of the variants mis-identifies it's damage type.

And yes, TA :p

It's funny to reflect that TA constructs stuff using what we'd call 3D printers; but back then in 1997 it was such a fanciful idea, we didn't even have a word for it, let alone the idea it would be practically achievable in the not too distant future.

Calabrese likes this.
  12. Garan

Garan Void-Bound Voyager

Bug report ! Sprite missing on the crouch animation of one the new vanity gear. Still, awesome work Ryuujin !

13. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

My google-fu says it's a thing in the Total Annihilation games. Never played them, though they're not that old... either that, or I'm old myself :p

The damage type is listed as "bow" all right in the railgun projectile, but I swear I bought a brand-new Firelance and it's dropping pixels all over!

14. Strigon_1

I know. It's astounding how far things have come since then. I mean, we have smartphones now. But back then, cell phones were big blocks of plastic that were basically just an oversized wired receiever. They were just then starting to figure out how to miniaturize the technology.

Also oooh. I just looked. GOG has TA for sale for 6 USD. Might pick that up in the near future.

Calabrese likes this.
  15. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

so what you're saying is, you don't still own a disc copy of TA?

16. Strigon_1

Afraid not. It was stolen while I was in progress of moving many years ago.

Along with many other games and things I wish I still had. Alas.

17. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

well I suppose at least you once had it, I'd have been a bit disappointed if you hadn't

18. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

I'm getting this too. There also seems to be a bit of strangeness regarding the cloak when swinging a weapon or holding an item that moves the arms at all.

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 3.10.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 3.10.49 PM.png

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

If you look closer your character throws the cloak over their shoulder to expose the arm when you're using a rotation model. If I render the cloak over it, it'll defy gravity and stick out 90 degrees relative to the ground.

Calabrese likes this.
  20. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, I see. I did see something there, I just wasn't sure whether that was it or not. ^^;

Is this the case when crouching, as well? I noticed when facing left, there's a cloak graphic, but not when facing right - though I can see the other cloak half behind the arm, even when it isn't facing the viewer...

...Yeah I'm just gonna assume that was intentional in light of this new info. Yep.

*shuffles into the corner and stays there*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.