1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated BetterMerchants 0.09a (Enraged Koala)

Improving your shopping experience, one shop at a time.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Weird. I'll resubmit it. (five seconds in the past)

2. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Works now, thanks again for taking the time to update your mod!

I always appreciate authors who doesn't abandond their mods :3.

3. Aqua Trenoble

Aqua Trenoble Intergalactic Tourist

For some reason the Avian Quartermaster Spawner just causes a ton of lag when I pick it up from my inventory. It's so bad that I can't place it, though maybe there isn't anything to place - nothing shows up in the matter manipulator's beam so I'd guess that the sprite is glitched to hell. I haven't tried making any more of those spawners since even disposing of that one was a bit of a pain, but I'll see if it consistently spawns lag sources.

4. Mackinz

Could you please try again and then post the starbound.log of that session here for me to see?

5. Aqua Trenoble

Aqua Trenoble Intergalactic Tourist

Upload won't work, so I'll have to do a workaround. https://docs.google.com/document/d/15OI2oyjGHh9FkprRiFhYQRhXZn4N80v9htp0VC5_bYw/pub
    Good luck sorting through that mess of a log.

By the way, the Black Market Produce crate thing is very easily exploited. I was pretty excited when I found a random village merchant that sold produce for cheaper than I could trade it in at the Black Market... until I realized that the Eremologists from your very same mod sell cacti for 21 pixels when I can offload them for 50 each. This wouldn't be too gamebreaking if some of the other merchants didn't sell everything a crafter could possibly need save for wood and coal. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that in its current state that "feature" is very, very gamebreaking if abused.

6. Mackinz

Copy paste within Code brackets avoids that issue.

See:

Code:
    Error: Could not load /objects/spawner/spawners/BMSpawners/bm_quartermaster.animation asset, attempting to use default.

AssetException: Could not read variant asset /objects/spawner/spawners/BMSpawners/bm_quartermaster.animation

caused by: AssetException: No such asset '/objects/spawner/spawners/BMSpawners/bm_quartermaster.animation'

Assets::read(String)

Assets::readVariant(String)

_Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadVariant(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)

Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)

Assets::loadVariant(String)

Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)

Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)

Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)

Assets::variant(String)

NetworkedAnimator::NetworkedAnimator(Variant, String)

Object::Object(shared_ptr<ObjectConfig>, Variant)

WireObject::WireObject(shared_ptr<ObjectConfig>, Variant)

ObjectDatabase::createObject(String, Variant)

ItemTooltipBuilder::buildItemDescriptionInner(shared_ptr<Widget>, shared_ptr<Item>, String, String, String)

ItemTooltipBuilder::buildItemDescription(shared_ptr<Widget>, shared_ptr<Item>, String, String)

CraftingPane::update()

PaneManager::update()

MainInterface::update()

ClientApplication::updateRunning()

ClientApplication::update()

StarApplicationBase::run()

_SDL_main

_console_main
    Thanks for pointing out the issue with Cacti. I don't mind admitting that this mod is still in need of balancing, but I also feel it is worth noting that I have not modified vanilla balance while I've attempted adding mod balance.

The only way I'll be able to balance this mod is with balance issue reports like this! I will fix it (Cactus, at least).

7. Mackinz

Okay, I have a question for ya'll. I'm torn between two focuses for the next update.

There are two choices:

Content or Polishing

If Content, there will be a new crafting system introduced, some new merchants selling recipes in a way you are not used to, and other useful stuff.

If Polishing, there will be less content and more clean-up. Some NPCs share a lot of text lines. Many spawners have copy-pasted inspect text. Store contents may shift. New crafting station GUIs. Etc.

Does anyone have thoughts on the matter?

8. Werekitty39501

Werekitty39501 Pangalactic Porcupine

Honestly, I would love to see less copypasted inspection text. Mainly because you've got chef descriptions on people who aren't chefs. I'd vote polish, first, then implementation of the crafting system.

9. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    You were afk, I was bored, one thing lead to another and you're the father.

Just a mockup. Didn't do animations. animated version would cycle character faces(one of each species), 'text' would change, 'stats' would change, and the distress beacon I totally didn't steal dish would rotate.

Meant to replace your signal station sprite. 12 frames absolute minimal if you tell me to go ahead and finish it.

[​IMG]

Mackinz likes this.
  10. Mackinz

What is the proper terminology for loving someone without the desire to copulate?

Because that is how I feel now.

But I do not really like the green image. I cab edit it to blue when you are finished, yes?

11. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

Platonic. the world you are looking for is Platonic,

Not exactly sure what you want changed... guessing you mean the face?

I'm making the sprite for you so really you can change it however you want if you use it. But I'd prefer to change it because I already mentally know where and how the pixels look. Blue, right?

[​IMG]

Pick one. The bottom right corner is the original (cut and paste from spawner w/ some cropping)

12. Mackinz

My love for you platonic!

hai.

Bottom right is preferable. I want people to see what it is for at a glance, and the original coloration would work perfectly to that end.

13. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

Alright, noted.
    [​IMG]

some thoughts on balance:
    Some quantity of:
    Gold, Silver, and Iron OR Steel OR Titanium(Tier of availability)
    Significant quantity of:
    Pixels, Copper.

For blank displays:
    Some quantity of:
    Gold, Silver, and Iron OR Steel OR Titanium(Tier of availability)
    Significant quantity of:
    Pixels, Copper.

Not going to go into numbers on anything other then pixels... I'd say ~800-1200 pixels for the station and 60-120 for blank displays. I'd personally favor the reduced cost in pixels as it is offset with the need of other resources.

14. Mackinz

A preview of the WIP UI for the Signal Station.

[​IMG]
    :O

That's progressing awesomely!

Have you thought about adding other non-vanilla races to it?

Seems fair.

I'm not too sure, to be honest. I was thinking about making a few items that allowed the player to assemble the blank displays on their own, and it just doesn't seem right to throw in some metal bars without some form of crystal display for the monitor.

Makes sense for the Signal Station, but I'm not too sure about the Blank Displays yet.

15. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

My logic behind the bars is to define the tier, and logic around internals. Copper, silver, and gold are all wiring, the tiered metal is casing.

as for display, there isn't any non super rare materials that are fitting. I mean you could just do glass but...

I have a copy of custom ore generation I was working on. I guess that could be used? makes crystal available(but rare) on all planets at all elevations. It needs some serious tweaks ofc...
    currently the amount of resources it produces is too much on X sector planets.

16. Sol Omega

Sol Omega Aquatic Astronaut

So my stem merchant and doctor disappeared.
    According to the mod files, everything is intact.
    But they're gone, and so is every doctor and stemmer I spawn.

17. Mackinz

I have np clue why this happens. If you could post the contents of your starbound.log file after when this happens, that would be very beneficial.

18. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Would love to see you add custom race spawners as well.

19. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

If makinz tells me to, I'd do the art. :)

Reminds me makinz: I've got to finish that sprite for you(I've got a working mouse for now)

Mackinz likes this.
  20. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero