[STABLE] Content Updates & Bug Fixes!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 3, 2014.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

[STABLE] Content Updates & Bug Fixes!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Silvestre, Ciaran_D, samufel and 7 others like this.
  2. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Yay! we all get the latest updates.
    :D

3. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome!!! :D
    I noticed that using the butterfly-bubble in an asteroid field flying somewhat upwards, after a while, I just got stuck with no generated blocks. It took a while for it to generate (I guess some sort of chunk issue). That was with the unstable version yesterday, I think.

Oh, and I found an asteroid field where the spawn was directly over the edge of the world. Instant death right after the spawn. Even the bubble couldn't save me out of that. But I don't recall the coords (x-sector though).

you guys keep making the game more and more lovable, just incredible, thanks!!! :)

4. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thanks mollygos.

Any word yet on the missing Skyrail table? It seems existing built skyrail platforms have been converted to Skyrail Breakers, which actively limit your max speed. On top of that, since they now take planet gravity into account we can't go upwards without booster rails, which we can't make without the new table.. :(

Edit: Hmm, they may not have been converted to full on breaker rails, I'm just seeing the new look.. The lack of upwards momentum and lack of crafting table still applies though.

Also, double typo report in the new venusdepixel.object (both sculptor words):

deltax20a likes this.
  5. Hopefully this fixes some of the technical issues server owners have been encountering recently!

TurtleFilms likes this.
  6. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

I'll have a self-made modder-oriented changelog up in a few hours. I still can't get any of the scripts I've been provided with to work properly.

7. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Give us a hint where some of this new treasure lays buried?

8. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Thank you for the heads up =)

9. I'll check into the issue with Skyrails, a few people have been reporting the recipe missing.
    And thanks for the typo report! I'll fix that now. :D

Procedurally generated tho. :p

Varixai likes this.
  10. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I have a different kind of issue:
    [​IMG]

hey look a picture

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Svarr Chanston likes this.
  11. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww, I was gonna sing:

"Molly's great, gave us coor-di-nate!"

12. F-Dog

F-Dog Space Spelunker

The Sky Rail recipe is missing from mine :(

13. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Underground, in all biomes.

It looks like just the recipe for the Skyrail Crafting Table is missing from the Metalwork station. Everything seems fine in the assets, but it just isn't there.. same as the Small Wall Switch missing from the Robotic Crafting Table.. (will post more info if I find the issue)
    Side note: The Skyrail Table uses quite a lot, including descriptions and config file, from the Robotic Crafting Table.. not sure if that's an issue or not.

Awesome, thanks! The full path for that is "objects\hoard\venusdepixel\venusdepixel.object"

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  14. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

Hey.

So I have a question.

I haven't been using the .pak system - just a zip file with my folders in it, that they unzip and stick in the mods folder.

I know you're probably proud of the .pak system, but I'm nervous about even trying it. What are the advantages for modders? And given this latest, where many mods just broke completely and now have to be re-pak'd (haha at the bad pun)... that question seems more appropriate somehow.

So far, the content seems neat though. :)

-Sevi

15. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

Anyone know how to fix this? I'd list my mods, but there are quite a few of them.

[​IMG]

AngryBogle and Svarr Chanston like this.
  16. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

Hyperman, any mod that uses the .pak system is getting that, as well as a handful of others that don't even use it. Remove your mods or wait for them to update... that's really all that can be done.

-Sevi

Svarr Chanston and Akado like this.
  17. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I think this means that at least one of the mods you use has not updated their mod to support the non-pak version of Starbound patches now.

To the OP: Thanks for the heads up! And I really like the patch notes, I think that will be really appreciated by everyone.

18. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Use starreader to remove broken tech. I had the same problem but got my char back.

Svarr Chanston and Akado like this.
  19. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

..is that a mod lol what's a starreader
    and if I remove said tech, would I have to remake it when the mod updated?

20. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Online inventory editor and yes.