1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dye Mod 2.1 (Enraged Koala)

Change the color of almost anything! (Previously Dyeing Bucket)

1. MeGusta90

MeGusta90 Aquatic Astronaut

New update "Enraged Koala"

2. Sha Seng

Sha Seng Title Not Found

I actually feel like that would be better, honestly. I've always hated mixing dyes in these games. This way, you could just keep stacks of the main dyes and get whatever colors you wanted, instead of having to waste time mixing them and using them and keeping your extras in storage space you could be using for something else...

Lusfella likes this.
  3. naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

if you want you can update it yourself

4. Rashen

Rashen Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod seems to have something wrong with generating dungeons, specifically the ones I have personally noticed are tombthings under "\DyeingBucket\recipes\starter\dyeingmachine\objects\avian\" It causes a world crash.

5. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

Very excited for the Enraged update, this is by far one of my favourite mods.
    If you've got a colourblind person to enjoy your dye mod you've succeeded, I think.

6. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I hope you get this updated its a must have mod one that should have been part of the game in the first place. When I use it now it seem to make a lot of NPC's ,chests ,tables and so on to not appear in-game I wish you the best on the updating I hope to see it out soon if there is any way I could be of help please let me know I know a few things about mod'en but mostly dealing with DDS and mesh files ( Stalker 1-2 & 3 ,SOSE and some elder scrolls ) But I could always test some of it here an there for you if you need a hand with any of that.

Rashen likes this.
  7. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

please.... update D: also i relised soemthing... why cant you dye the dye bucket?!

8. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

Because you would need the bucket to dye the bucket. Bucket-ception?

StarScribe likes this.
  9. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking very much forward to this... A wonderful concept and will enrich this mod so much more! However, how will the crafting actually work, will it simply be selecting choice of color and it will provide information over what ingredients are required? I highly suggest a separate crafting tab for crafting different variations of dyes. I highly enjoy this mod and wish you success.

10. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

Something that would be neat but probably impossible if a "ROBOTIC BUCKET". You type in the hex code for exactly what you want to change after inserting your item, then you type in the colour you want to change it into! It shouldn't drain any resources since you're manually changing every single shade and speck yourself in my opinion and it would just add to how complicated it'd be. Perhaps it could be very costful to makeinstead? Robotic crafting bench + dye bucket + half a dozen dyes.

The dye remover should probably clear all directives made this way as well in case you accidentally do a colour twice or something.

This is futuristic bucket technology. The future of containers is in your hands.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Sha Seng likes this.
  11. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Looks great ,I don't see the multiple stack being of that much trouble as long as its in your notes\readme. most all colors stem from red ,green an blue you could always have say ,to make teal ,2 blue ,2 green or for a brighter Ver. of teal ,3 blue ,3 green ,1 red something like this may work

12. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

Plz update it plz magic i will be so happy if you do

13. subai1990

subai1990 Void-Bound Voyager

I like this mod & hope to use it in the latest version of SB~

14. MrMagical

MrMagical Subatomic Cosmonaut

MrMagical updated Dye Mod (multiplayer friendly) with a new update entry:

v2.0 - The mod formerly known as bucket

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lusfella and StarScribe like this.
  15. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

OMG YUS Thank you mr magical Thank you so much! :D i rated it all stars :D

16. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

I have only one problem, and that is that I use the Dye System to wash the uniforms for my server group into colors based on their roles (Everyone in our team get Red helmets, everyone gets black pants, and Navy gets Blue shirts, Marines Yellow shirts, and Engineers get Black shirts)
    Will the 'don't have multiple stacks of a given item' problem crop up for that, as well?

17. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

How do I make a mod compatible with this?

I'm assuming it's a merge with the dyestation.object. with the item: palette list but I'm not so sure of the merge set up.

18. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for the update!

19. MrMagical

MrMagical Subatomic Cosmonaut

The issue affects you if you have multiple of the item type (like the wizard hat) in your inventory. When you click "Craft" it will dye the first item stack it finds.
    It searches the materials bag (dirt icon) first, row by row from top left to bottom right. Put the item stacks you want to dye in the top of the materials bag and it should be ok.
    It will also NEVER try to dye an item stack you are wearing, holding with your mouse cursor or put in a chest.

Wearable items that use the default orange replacement palette "just work". It's the easiest method if you can edit the image files.

Otherwise you'll have to specify what palette to replace (filename in title). In this example, myItem1 and myItem3 use the settings from mySet1 while myItem2 has its own settings. The palette is specified from light to dark and loops around if you specify more than 4 colors. To specify a gap, put the word false without quotes.

20. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

Oh wow that makes it super easy to use! I'll definitely change the palettes then. No fuss no muss!