1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garan

Garan Void-Bound Voyager

First time I post something on this forum I think... anyway. I've been around for quite some time and I've heard about the vanity gear. So, I'm creating this "mask", hope you'll like, the design is base on one of Ryuujin art : http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140218221430/avali/images/0/08/Scoot_scoot_scoot.jpg

Here's the screenshot :
    So, tell me what you think about it. (I'm thinking about adding the "comm-link", but it's 01:56, I'll keep the idea for later ^^)

2. Levrix

Levrix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not rightly sure why but this thread has inspired me today.

3. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

If you ever get it done, shoot me a PM, I'll add it to the Catalina line of goods!

4. DarkusTheFirst

DarkusTheFirst Big Damn Hero

Forgive me everyone...But...I just recently saw this teaser trailer and I had to think...

"Da-fuck? Did Master Chief piss of the Avali somehow?"

Feel free to shoot me where I stand, but TELL me that the 'phoenix' thing doesn't look like something an Avali pack would pilot?

5. Peacefultyranny

Peacefultyranny Subatomic Cosmonaut

For some reason this instantly made me think of a pack of avali piloting a jaeger and I,

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They don't right now. This may change in future however

Halo 5? - what part of "trilogy" don't they get ;p

(I've only played the first halo game, being exclusively a PC gamer... console exclusive titles are silly, for every guy who rushes out to buy the latest console i guarantee 5 more didn't buy it at all but would've done otherwise)

At any rate it has the angular armoured look, though it looks like the wings are free-floating (The Avali lack any kind've 'anti gravity' or 'inertial damping' tech)

DarkusTheFirst and Marxon like this.
  7. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Congratulations in having the most-downloaded mod on site!

Although it was plagued with technical issues (due to the game, not the mod), my stream showing off the mod went well, so my impressions of it are in there.

8. DarkusTheFirst

DarkusTheFirst Big Damn Hero

I figured it wasn't a 100% perfect fit, but come on! Aside from the floaty-floaty bits, this thing looks like it could've been plucked right out of an Avali design plan >w<

( Warning, subject is experiencing heightened levels of sleep deprivation. Caution is advised (NO SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!! WHEEEEE))

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

@RyuujinZERO Remember when I showed that image of me playing music in front of the graves to honor the dead? I've basically turned that into a personal tradition of sorts and I do it on a regular basis. What do you think of the notion of an Avali playing a song in tribute to their fallen pack members?
    [​IMG]

10. Farrel

Farrel Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm that seems to be the case... and I've got a bit of a work around for people who want to use both.

Here's what I did.

Firstly, stash ALL of your ammo-overhaul guns on another planet (Your home-world, or a neighbouring planet, NOT your ship)

Move into orbit above your world with a ghost town.

Quit out of starbound fully.

Delete the planet file from your universe folder

Remove the ammo-overhaul mod (temporarily, we will put it back later)

Start up starbound and teleport down to the planet.

The game may crash here (it did for me) ... so just quit to the main menu and try again... the second time, the world generated just fine (with a smaller village)

Teleport down and check there is a population.

Quit out of starbound again

Put the ammo-overhaul mod back into your mods folder

Enjoy!

Didn't think this was going to work, but it did sort of.

Edit: Of course, backup your universe and player folders and whatnot disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer... But yeah, worth a shot if you use MMNammo overhaul and want to visit an avali town ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm now working on a patch for dyeing bucket mod to include Avali items. So far made working recipes but items won't change color with colorIndex, may have to set the color directly in the recipe, which will be painfully slow.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

x
    You want to do that when I'mt otally overhauling the oufits and vanity system/ - that doesn't seem like a wise idea xD

13. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Well on another note did you see my previous post?

14. KhanTigon

KhanTigon Poptop Tamer

someone requested me to upload this, so here it is. An Avali-Themed exploration ship named AEF Excalibur. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    You'll need the following mods for this to work:
    Avali Race Mod (duh!) http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/avali-race-mod.998/
    Fully Customized Ship http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/fully-customizable-ship.39/
    Drills+ http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/drills.975/
    Zimazang's miscellaneous mod http://community.playstarbound.com/...angs-miscellaneous-mod.861/update&update=4915

Just delete your chosen character shipworld's file and rename the shipworld file contained in the .Zip with the chosen character's number sequence in your Player folder.

Attached Files:

15. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

I believe MMN was recently patched to prevent the problem with the Avali settlements being ghost towns. The mod maker forgot to remove a file in the mod that was left over for when the mod had vendors.

16. Farrel

Farrel Void-Bound Voyager

It was? Hmm... *tests*

Yeah, my bad, I must have missed that update. Thanks for the info.

17. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Your welcome ;)

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

His welcome what?

Holgast likes this.
  19. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

Just download my mod. I've got a working dyeing bucket for the vanity items.

And yes it is tedious and time consuming.

edit: @RyuujinZERO What would be a good price for data chips?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Beats me. The point of data chips is (will be) to get players to explore, instead of get cozy on one planet, selling them defeats the purpose

DarkusTheFirst and Marxon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.