1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Item Broadcaster + Hyper-storage v1.5 (p1.2)

A lightweight system for auto-sorting + Hyperspace multi-containers. Works with any containers!

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Wellbott submitted a new mod:

Item Broadcaster - A lightweight, easy to use system for auto-sorting your stuff.

Read more about this mod...

Mahiaga likes this.
  2. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

3. Wellbott

Not at the moment, but I have some ideas for how to do so. We'll see how they pan out in the near future.

PabloM likes this.
  4. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Item Broadcaster with a new update entry:

Full Compatibility and Wiring Support

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Vanillarune

Vanillarune Phantasmal Quasar

Help me, I have these errors from the new update!.

6. Spinlock

Spinlock Void-Bound Voyager

Errors on client disconnect with latest version:

Error: Exception while invoking lua method 'main'. LuaException: [string "/objects/generic/itembroadcaster/broadcastbea..."]:50: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
    /home/starbound/server/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC2ERKNS_6StringE+0x105) [0xdf95e5]
    /home/starbound/server/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star3Lua11handleErrorEP9lua_State+0x4c) [0xd87aec]
    /home/starbound/server/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star3Lua13LuaEngineImpl8doInvokeEiRKNS_6StringERKNS_4ListINS_7VariantESt5dequeIS6_SaIS6_EEEEbb+0x39b) [0xd8c1bb]

7. Spinlock

Spinlock Void-Bound Voyager

I think you need to remove the old folder - the new one has a version # on the end.

8. Vanillarune

A huge mistake by me!

I accidentally dropped your mod inside another mod then I was wondering where your mod went so I dropped another copy of your mod on the proper location.

9. Licflagg

Licflagg Phantasmal Quasar

this is a wonderful mod, but does it have concepts with minecraft's ender storage mod by chickenbones?

10. Wellbott

It doesn't really function like that, but if you're asking whether it could...

Yes, I don't think it would be too difficult to make a set of beacons which link multiple chests to share the same inventory. Probably would have to require that they all have the same number of slots though, and I'm not sure it would function from across a planet when chunks start unloading.

Seems like a good niche to fill though, I'll see what I can cook up.

Licflagg likes this.
  11. Licflagg

Licflagg Phantasmal Quasar

that's EXACTLY what i meant

12. Morjax

Morjax Void-Bound Voyager

This may be already explained in your
    , but how does this mod behave when installed on my copy when I'm playing on a vanilla server? Can I still craft them when connected to the vanilla server? Can I still use them when on the server? Can others use them?

Cheers to you, mate. This is a rock solid addition for those who've already done their time sorting items ;)

13. Wellbott

I'm not to clear on the specifics of server/client mod compatibility except that it's overall very scary.

So I'd think that it would just not work at all, but its possible they'll be craftable but invisible to other players (because they don't have the image assets), or craftable but nonfunctional and invisible (also missing lua/object files), or maybe the server will crash/boot you.

Mostly bad results, I'd recommend against having any of the Beacons in your inventory or ship when joining a server, and not crafting them when you're there. If you don't do those things, then at least you won't have to remove the mod to do vanilla multiplayer.

14. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

It doesn't seem to be possible to wire two "inputs" to one "output". I tried, and only one of them transferred items. The other one sorted items but didn't send them

15. Wellbott

Whoa, you can mire multiple outputs to one input?
    Course you can. *facepalm* Why did I think otherwise?

Will be fixed immediately, I have an update ready anyways.

PabloM likes this.
  16. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Item Broadcaster with a new update entry:

Hyper-storage Beacon and minor bugfixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

PabloM likes this.
  17. Vanillarune

Hello again, what does this mean?

18. Wellbott

Gah, it means I missed another null check. I think a chest was destroyed in between two ticks of the script, rare but needs to be anticipated. The broadcasting broke down after that error, didn't it.

19. Vanillarune

Yes, it didn't work anymore. It worked after I tried to set up them again.

20. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

hyper-storage beacons aren't working :C when i craft them they are visible in inv but invisible in the world - like i was holding and placing nothing. Can someone help with this error?