1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, whoops. Nah, what I meant was that I'd be willing to pay, but I don't know how far into the future I'd be able to do so. Depending on how my family's financial status might change, I might have to cut back on extra costs - game servers included.

2. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

so in such a situation it might turn to the community to support the server, I'll skip over any "I knew it" responses and go straight to the fact that if this server takes off like an official avali server would I doubt donations will be too difficult

3. Teron Gray

Teron Gray Void-Bound Voyager

The purple one is a sergal being mechanized. Inside story with a friend on that one.

In the end, a random victim of a sabotaged weapon.

As absurd as it was, D9 was fun to watch in some sways. :3

As to server: Would be nice, right now I just bounce from friend's to friend's hostings.

4. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

I Can confirm they still spawn, they should.

5. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

I just spent a full minute looking for a sergal in that image, why oh why do I do these things to myself

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

VitSoU definitly works with the Avali. The problem mod that is creating ghosts towns seems to be the ammo overhaul, which for some bizarre reason includes biome edits

7. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Because, you know, ammo has ALL the things to do with biomes.

8. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

it's a conspiracy I tell you a conspiracy!

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Well it's what I've been told anyway, I havn't investigated it personally, though I probably should :p

Of course, maybe's it's just levrix and jetpack making ghost towns ;)

10. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Hrm. So beyond stock, Avali, and probably Catalina Industries, what sorta mods would one expect for a Avali server so I know what to load up a character for your server with for? :p

11. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

If it were us, there probably wouldn't even be a town.

12. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm. Maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough for servers that have it, then... I don't know.

Man, I don't know. I'm not sure if it would ever be anything like an "official" server... at least, not if I were the one managing it. Now that I'm actually thinking a lot about the resulting responsibilities that would come from hosting such a server, I'm getting kind of nervous. I'm not great with people in large groups, you see, so I'd be relying on someone else to do all of the front-stage moderating and such. I don't know a thing about managing large servers, so if someone had experience with that, I wouldn't mind letting them take most of the responsibility of keeping things running smoothly. I'd just be the one paying for it and managing the technical issues with the server and its mod setup.

Wow, really? Man, and the ammo overhaul mod is really fun... I wonder why it would do that. Shame. Guess I'd have to leave it out of the potential server mod set.

I don't know. :rofl: I haven't even gotten the server yet, I'm trying to figure out some of the technicalities first. Avali and Catalina Industries would definitely be in, and I would certainly enjoy having the Variety biomes mod, possibly patched to work with Starscape. madtulip's spaceship mod could be a good one too, but I'd have to ask what people think about that, since the default madtulip ship is pretty small compared to the game's default ship - and we'd be just using a modified version of one of the existing ships from that mod, nothing fancy or special for the Avali, unless someone creates a patch or something for that.

13. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to look back at the image. Then I noticed the specific text from the bravo team.

Well. He's screwed.

Marxon likes this.
  14. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Fair enough. Just was thinking of what to bring as a welcome gift, gathering seeds right now as it sits anyway of the default plants with my main crew, and will probably shuttle over the new recruit when I'm done :3

15. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Are there suppose to be images in this post cause I don't see them o_O

16. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Click the blue "this". If you dare.

17. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

You did and done it, you broke the 4th wall congrats you earned a reward.

18. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Ah I missed that... yeah... getting 5 hours of sleep or less ain't good for focus @_@

I've seen worse :p much, much worse :laugh:

also... LOL is all I have to say in response to this.

Also Teron nice art, you draw pretty good.

oh lookie post 3400 for the thread.

19. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

Particular mods I'm interested in other than Avali would be Frackin Flora, StarBooze, and Bees. If you get those, I'd be interested, but that's just me. Look for the consensus, shape it to that.
    If other mods were necessary, I could certainly install more, but there may be some I feel would ruin things. And as for moderators for it, I dunno how effective I'd be, but if you're desperate for help, I guess I could take a spot.

Uh, yeah, Sergals originated complete with Anatomy, so they became popular among perverse audiences. It's not their primary intended purpose, but it does seem to be the common one for them to be used. Basically they're raptor wolves, 'nuff said.

Anyways, the reason I like the three listed mods is they effectively create "Forestry" from Minecraft.

20. Levrix

Levrix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hay, just a quick post. Sorry for the inactivity guys, Iv been dealing with ACT related things. Web development is very slow right now as a result but its moving along for those who are interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.