1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kemono Race Mod 1.5

New race and over 50 hairstayles.

1. Kubastach

Kubastach Industrial Terraformer

But, first i need to find file defining how this race acts (life, energy etc.), that's kind of hard. I would be happy if someone say where it is.

2. Mister Fox

Mister Fox Yeah, You!

It appears not; I tried changing the version to v. Furious Koala, but I couldn't start singleplayer because of a client-server connection error. I heard that was caused by modded races and I suspect that it's just because it hasn't been properly updated for the new version yet.

3. ODABUTSU

ODABUTSU Subatomic Cosmonaut

4. Revenile

Revenile Phantasmal Quasar

I love the idea of this mod, and this is the first mod I've downloaded for Starbound (I don't want too many mods since the base game itself is really freaking good). I'm hoping in the near future this race breaks away from it's human reskinned roots. Custom ship, unique lore to fit the race into the world (I'm a sucker for lore), things like that.

I'd like to add that I'd be willing to help form the lore stuff if ideas were needed, should the mod creator want to make lore.

Edit 2: I've begun messing around in the files and tinkering with lore ideas. Current Idea: Kemono are a race of travelers, explorers, nomadic type. Most of their tech is discovered through discoveries of the other races, the starting ship is something the player's character/family repaired. If the mod creator is OK with the idea then when I'm finished getting the base codex entries made for the race (basic history and things) then I can either upload an expansion to the mod, or give the files to said creator so they can update the mod, I also do plan to add item descriptions over time for the race if things work out. I'm doing this partially out of boredom, but mostly because I love this mod and want to see it integrated into the game's universe better.

Edit 3: I've gotten the opening Quest message and the race specific codex entries written and working. As lazy as it may seem to have the race adapt already made stuff, it also helps since I can't do graphics, and thus can't make race specific objects. By those means eventually I get to work on making the object descriptions work out, though I'm going to stick with the human inspection messages for now, due to the amount of work it will take to write new lines for the race. It at least fits into the game a lot better now that it has it's own codex and intro entries.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  5. Stryfe_Khaos

Stryfe_Khaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a bit of an issue with some of the sprites. Dunno if i installed it wrong or what, but the sprites for all of the merchants don't appear, and the matter manipulators don't show when i'm holding and using them. Any clues? Is it one of those things where i also have to have the Ningen Mod installed too?

6. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

A friend of mine mentioned this mod while beautifully done, there are a good deal I downloaded this again to try and filter out the good from the bad. I like the race but many of its assets are poorly coded or dealt with.

7. ODABUTSU

8. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

I was wondering if I could use one of your sprites for a manipulator mod.

9. ODABUTSU

Sure, so if you put a my credit for the avoidance of confusion.

10. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

ah k thanks it will modified to fit what I need it to do but I'll credit you when I release it.

11. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

Damn. Now I wish there was some way to edit existing Kemono characters. I so want to give Chuni some of the new stuff.

12. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Odabutsu thought you'd like to see this its based off your first gravity gun model not yet a mod but just a work in progress

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  13. Terrence the Human

Terrence the Human Star Wrangler

Does the mod also add their own dungeons?

14. ODABUTSU

15. Niamaia

Niamaia Intergalactic Tourist

I re-downloaded the mod, since it seems it has been updated for Enraged Koala, but the game still crashes, saying I have the Furious Koala version instead. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I discovered there was a doppelganger folder that was confusing Starbound.

16. MartyHB

MartyHB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

with the new changes i can now play as the intended character

17. iamzid

iamzid Void-Bound Voyager

i wish there was more dialog for when you talk to the vanilla races that you find in villages. they always say the same boring thing when i talk to them.

18. StarWeaver

StarWeaver Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, the interactalbe object type has been deprecated, you just need to remove the objecttype line from objects/ningencreator/ningenmiko.object for future compatability.

19. Revenile

Revenile Phantasmal Quasar

I'm hoping the mod creator looks to us to make the lore, or at least gives a fitting lore idea and lets someone who speaks fluent english make it sound right, as I mentioned earlier I came up with my own lore for the opening mission text as well as the codex entries for the race. I don't have any story books, item descriptions or race reactions for the race yet, but I think this race could easily fit within Starbound as something official.

Edit: I haven't uploaded or released my version of the mod with this lore anywhere, and don't plan to just out of the blue. If my lore goes out there, I would prefer it (and in my opinion the larger tails that someone made earlier in the thread) to get this race a more complete mod.

With Chucklefish now asking what mods the people want to see incorperated into the actual game, some of which I really question and personally don't really want to see (like some the sprites don't look fitting etc) I put my vote in for this one,as this is my race of choice.

20. ODABUTSU

As already stated i'm not native English reader. if someone ever make a talk, I think we must engage in a discussion relating to Kemono talk.