1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. KingCake

KingCake Space Penguin Leader

The mob thing sounds fine, but uninfected players should be able to destroy infection by replacing the block. It'll make it hard to save an "infected" planet.

TheChoclateBare likes this.
  2. TheChoclateBare

TheChoclateBare Void-Bound Voyager

And you can craft something that slows the bar down, but is not a cure, like a survival pack for spores, a gas mask, temporary but works

3. TheChoclateBare

there should be bloks that stop infection from spreading, for quarantine zones, that way you can make quarantines without infected blocks getting in

4. beari78

beari78 Guest

We'd need some kind of protection suit, like that durasteel thing that helps on Asteroid Fields.

5. KingCake

Or just a craftable vaccine. It should be moderately hard to craft, but the effect wipes away upon death. This will make players want to avoid the infection.

6. KingCake

Yeah, of course, metals shouldn't become infected and any sort of player made block that's not organic shouldn't either.

7. KingCake

Sounds nice, but I still suggest my vaccine idea.

8. TheChoclateBare

i think a gas mask like item should be craftable and help slow the infection

KingCake likes this.
  9. KingCake

Sounds nice. It could slow it down and be an easy alternative for a vaccine, but shouldn't work on the visual slot and should offer little protection, making it hard to use for even most of the experienced players, discouraging people from going near infection anyways.

10. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

It would be really cool if on every server/character, the cure was randomized from several rare/semi-rare materials, and you had to do many, many experiments to find the right recipe. This would add some excitement to the plague, and a 'we've only got two days to save the world' feel to it.

11. beari78

beari78 Guest

Cool!:laugh:

KingCake likes this.
  12. TheChoclateBare

yea, or they could make the hazmat suit have a purpose, i have a full set from grinding the galaxy

KingCake likes this.
  13. Hawk Novablast

Yeah I agree, it wouldn't work if its set as Vanity, and it only slows the infection, it doesn't offer complete protection.

14. KingCake

Also, these materials should come from infected areas, making it even more dangerous in terms of fighting the infection.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  15. beari78

beari78 Guest

So we'd need mushroom stuff? Because vaccines include a small amount of the disease, right? My family gets em' just not all of them.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  16. KingCake

Yeah, so then again, you shouldn't be instantly infected. Cutting down the enemy and getting the stuff shouldn't be a problem as long as you do it quickly or with gear on, like the hazmat protection items we suggested earlier.

Hawk Novablast and beari78 like this.
  17. TheChoclateBare

Or you could use the pre existing mushroom blocks to break down DNA of mushrooms to help make cures and armor upgrades

beari78 likes this.
  18. KingCake

Yeah, but you'd technically need to visit an infected area to produce the materials.

19. TheChoclateBare

Just trying to make this a more devloper friendly suggestion...

20. Hawk Novablast

Yeah, I agree, using some of the mushroom spores should be necessary. Also, maybe the ink from a tentacle monster would be really cool. If you went into the core of a tentacle planet, you'd find the octopus/squid thing as a miniboss, and if you killed it it would drop several ink sacs, as well as pixels and alien tentacles.

beari78 likes this.